Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why would it matter anyways?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You just proved you didn't play in Vanilla because 10g to open UBRS was like paying 100k for a mage port today.
    And you just proved that you didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    And you just proved that you didn't.
    Besides the fact that ive been paid 400g for mage ports.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Botaddict View Post
    Feat of strength with old pvp titles = instant proof.

The higher the rank the more proof that person played vanilla longer.

No.....I got Master Sergeant on 2 of my characters and sergeant on a couple others. I didn't feel like dragging my ass for the "Officer Titles"

I've got a couple of CDs lying around with my screenshot archive on them from Classic and TBC.

So you can prove you were a classic player if you remember screenshots being in .tga format and needing a third party image viewer to look at them.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/39345080

My first char, now named Duped, level 71 or 72 on kazzak I'm quite sure..

Also got Bloodguard title on him, so YES, I played during Vanilla...

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    This proves nothing, I played since release and I only bothered with Sergeant. The AV matches were to long, wish I had played to Knight atleast :P
    My warrior is Knight (well, Stone Guard now...) and tbh you didn't miss much haha.

I got to knight so I could get into the PvP room that required knight or higher.

My expectations? All the greatest PvPers on the server, hanging out in their exclusive club, sharing strategies, stories, etc.
    What was actually in there? Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.

I went in once and stopped PvPing. Lord knows I wasn't going to spend the 22-24 hours a day of PvP required to get GM.

Wish I had at least made it to where I could transmog marshal gear, though...
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=28788/ta...-the-protector

This proves you were playing in vanilla, at least directly before BC was released. There was a quest chain at the dark portal opening event you could do to get this. Quest (and ability to obtain tabard) were removed. I still wear it regularly on my warrior.

You could always point anyone who doubts you to http://www.warcraftrealms.com . I don't know how it works if you've done server transfers and such, but you should be able to plug your character's name in there and get it to show past activity from the time you started playing. December 18, 2005 for me.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-12-08 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    My warrior is Knight (well, Stone Guard now...) and tbh you didn't miss much haha.

I got to knight so I could get into the PvP room that required knight or higher.

My expectations? All the greatest PvPers on the server, hanging out in their exclusive club, sharing strategies, stories, etc.
    What was actually in there? Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.

I went in once and stopped PvPing. Lord knows I wasn't going to spend the 22-24 hours a day of PvP required to get GM.

Wish I had at least made it to where I could transmog marshal gear, though...
    Especially since the bug that made it accountwide

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Atiesh, T3, T0.5, Corrupted Ashbringer etc, can ALL be collected in TBC, in fact, it was much easier to do so in TBC, you have the entire TBC expansion to get those items.

As for the Dark Portal events before TBC release, I didn't have a chance to log on because I was too busy with my school schedule, does that make me not a vanilla player?

The easiest way to prove that you are a vanilla player is simply check your FoS in you ach tab, anyone played in vanilla WILL have played some battlegrounds and earned themselves at least the lowest title.

High Warlord title are exclusive to people who grind it in groups with endless hours a day, 7 days a week, which I don't, so I end up with Champion and I'm content with it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 03:30 PM ----------

Judging from your keybinds all the way to 0(might be even - and =) with auto-attack as 1(seriously if you leveled to 60 and raid with auto attack as 1, you are possibly one of the worst players ever existed), you must be a burden to this kill, luckily MC was easy because MC only needed 25~ capable people to do the job of 40.
    Didnt Druids have a skill where they needed to hit things to gain mana in vanilla ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Didnt Druids have a skill where they needed to hit things to gain mana in vanilla ?
    Think balance druids were able to do that if i remember right.

You can't and honestly all the newfags don't really care any more. Most of them starting playing in cata or wotlk and could care less if you're old school.

What Dekadenz said: Really could not care less about how long somebody's been playing when I've seen almost a dozen people with Hand of A'dal titles get killed by Bruce the crocolisk, Goredome, and Vishas at Rank 1 in the Brawler's Guild lmfao.

Other than that: I've transferred accounts, so I go by PvP titles. Anybody arguing about "you could've bought the account"... well, those people are either just being cynically humorous or will never be happy. Probably saying it in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadenz91 View Post
    You can't and honestly all the newfags don't really care any more. Most of them starting playing in cata or wotlk and could care less if you're old school.
    The people who played back in the day couldn't honestly care less that you played back then.

Remembering when rogues had to buy trowing daggers in little stacks like ammo (remember ammo).

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Remembering when rogues had to buy trowing daggers in little stacks like ammo (remember ammo).
    Well yes but you could have started in WotLK and remember buying ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Well yes but you could have started in WotLK and remember buying ammo.
    Ammo yes, stacks of throwing daggers however were nixed much earlier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siany View Post
    Think balance druids were able to do that if i remember right.
    Yes, balance druids gained mana by meleeing. Dem battle chickens.

Not sure if it counts, but itemwise I still have the Holy Mightstone in my bank. This was an item which gave 300 Attack Power en 400 spellpower vs undead.
    Also have a Quel'Serrar in my bank. 3rd acquired on the server (horde/alliance).