Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    When did they stop dropping? I'd totally forgotten about them - I remember you could get upgrade books from AQ when BC was around...is that what you're meaning?
    They never stopped dropping, they are just vendor thrash now however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.
    I agree with this here person.

Being an old school player means really nothing, if your a new person and your mindset is that the 'cool' kids are the more veteran players than you are wrong. Vanilla players tend to get affected by nostalgia big time, and really it holds no prestige. I played at the beginning of Burning Crusade, and I quit the game now due to nostalgia ruining it for me.

Maybe I'll come back... probably not though, but thats off topic. Main point here is that vanilla players are not better than any other player of WoW.
    Call me House.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    I agree with this here person.

Being an old school player means really nothing, if your a new person and your mindset is that the 'cool' kids are the more veteran players than you are wrong. Vanilla players tend to get affected by nostalgia big time, and really it holds no prestige. I played at the beginning of Burning Crusade, and I quit the game now due to nostalgia ruining it for me.

Maybe I'll come back... probably not though, but thats off topic. Main point here is that vanilla players are not better than any other player of WoW.
    Totally agree with you here...I made this thread more as an interest thing rather than an epeen thing. Little bit nostalgic but with the intention of wondering how many unique things there are in the game that can't be gotten anymore....I picked vanilla since it was longest ago and also since there weren't too many changes to the old world when BC hit that rendered old things ungettable

In hindsight the title of the thread may be misleading but maybe I was naively thinking people wouldn't get defensive

The first pvp title took only 5 honorable kills in one week to attain. If you don't have that, well, grats on being a hardcore pve roleplayer.

Feat of Strength pvp titles from the old rank system = Vanilla proof. How this matters in any way i have still yet to figure out, but yeah that is how you do it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any loot from original kazzak or highlord kruul. Legendary binding from baron geddon, or any old random blue ring off of rag are all proof item wise. I guess you could also take screenshots of very old itemized gear before it got revamped with T2 dropping in MC still before being moved to BWL. If you want actual proof, payment history is the only way. Hard pressed to think of anything else outside of achievements.
    Last edited by MAGAmobile; 2012-11-26 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you don't care when you or anyone else started playing because you know it doesn't matter in the slightest. I've played since Vanilla, I didn't really start playing consistently until the middle/end of BC. I don't understand this fascination with "proof" like it means something.

the majority of people with T3/naxx weapons got them during BC storming thru in Tier 5/6, the scarab mount is likely the only way, there's probably some random quest item too.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Any loot from original kazzak or highlord kruul. Legendary binding from baron geddon, or any old random blue ring off of rag are all proof item wise. I guess you could also take screenshots of very old itemized gear before it got revamped with T2 dropping in MC still before being moved to BWL. If you want actual proof, payment history is the only way.
    Was Kazzak still around at the start of BC or had he moved by then? Did Kruul share the loot table of the old Kazzak?

Are you meaning the Thunderfury drop off Geddon? If so I'm pretty sure you can still get them today

10+ Year Old Account
    could take a SS of your account balance history. that is really the only way my account has proof since i was super ultra casual then

I'm pretty sure you could have gotten that sneakily in BC by transferring servers with unopened gates...

Genuine question - did they award PvP titles as feats of strength when they introduced the achive system in BC? I'm on my second account and wasn't a big PvPer so can't remember what they did
    Actually you could obtain this title during Wrath (as this DK did) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...de/Kt/advanced

Also Corrupted Ashbringer, T3 or any items from original Naxx really don't 'prove' you played in Vanilla since you could have obtained those items during TBC, or basically anytime BEFORE naxx 2.0 launched.

Lol...maybe a mod needs to change the title to "Things only obtainable in vanilla?" as it seems using the "P" word has gotten people quite defensive

Quote Originally Posted by Botaddict View Post
    Feat of strength with old pvp titles = instant proof.

The higher the rank the more proof that person played vanilla longer.
    Fairly good judge i only had blood guard but ended up being away from the game for several months before bc and missed more pvp time before the old ranks went away.

Does it really matter who played during Vanilla? BC heroics and raids were some of the toughest things out there. So was Heroic Lich King, and pre-nerf Heroic Spine of Deathwing. Also, some of the bosses in Vanilla were unkillable because of bugs or unintended mechanics (aka more bugs). So does it really matter anymore?

There will always be terrible players in this game. There will always be the players who are elitist and there for Vanilla raids. There are also going to be those who just start, and become amazing through their own will and will have never played vanilla. Does it really... REALLY matter?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was Kazzak still around at the start of BC or had he moved by then? Did Kruul share the loot table of the old Kazzak?

Are you meaning the Thunderfury drop off Geddon? If so I'm pretty sure you can still get them today
    Talisman of binding shard only dropped once and it wasn't meant to drop at all. Kruul was gone before BC hit, so was the original kazzak. They both had the same loot table, just Kazzak moved to outland by that point with Kruul taking his place until BC launch and Kruul disappeared.

Tier 2 also dropped in EARLY versions of MC. The stats and looks of the gear were completely different before they were moved to BWL. I mean shoulders, wrists, etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    Actually you could obtain this title during Wrath (as this DK did) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...de/Kt/advanced

Also Corrupted Ashbringer, T3 or any items from original Naxx really don't 'prove' you played in Vanilla since you could have obtained those items during TBC, or basically anytime BEFORE naxx 2.0 launched.
    You can also get T3 from the black market. Though it would be extremely unlikely someone would already have a full set bought from there.
    As for Scarab Lord titles, they don't prove it since a lot of people were transferring to new servers when they had the end of the questline ready to hand in and get the title and I think this happened some time into TBC expansion or maybe even later.
    Kazzak and Kruul were also removed from the game and a new Kazzak boss was put in Hellfire Peninsula.
    Last edited by mmoc9951aecc27; 2012-11-26 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Talisman of binding shard only dropped once and it wasn't meant to drop at all. Kruul was gone before BC hit, so was the original kazzak. They both had the same loot table, just Kazzak moved to outland by that point with Kruul taking his place until BC launch and Kruul disappeared.

Tier 2 also dropped in EARLY versions of MC. The stats and looks of the gear were completely different before they were moved to BWL. I mean shoulders, wrists, etc...
    I didn't realise that about Kazzak/Kruul....so does that mean any gear that dropped from them would be totally unique to vanilla and not obtainable after that?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Botaddict View Post
    Feat of strength with old pvp titles = instant proof.

The higher the rank the more proof that person played vanilla longer.
    this
    plus account created date

I only got First Sergeant but dammit, I was there

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    this
    plus account created date

I only got First Sergeant but dammit, I was there
    Yeah...but account creation date is way too boring Besides, that warcraftrealms site is way too addictive...trying to see where people are now...

I'm thinking more in game stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    The OP cares. He didn't mention anything to do with skill or if being a vanilla player = better player. Why even reply?
    Because 9 times out of 10 it's to flex e-peen, not for any really good reason.