Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Botaddict View Post
    Feat of strength with old pvp titles = instant proof.

The higher the rank the more proof that person played vanilla longer.
    Higher rank doesn't mean anything when it comes to playtime. Some people don't like PVP.

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

It's funny that half of the people think this thread was created to try to arrogantly prove a point to someone else...I'm thinking the assumption reflects how people may be feeling about their game at the moment and the community

The other half are treating it in the spirit it was intended...in that with looking at all the changes that have happened over the last 8 years what unique things are there left in the game?

Apart from the obvious out of game proof (that apparently may or may not be proof) I think it's been narrowed down to:
    - the epic vanilla mounts that were removed achieve FoS
    - PvP title achieve FoS
    - Anything from the opening of the Dark Portal event...tabard/gear etc
    - Talisman of the Binding Shard
    Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    I disagree. I looked through my FoS's and the only definitive FoS I could find, besides my pvp rank titles, was my "Old School Ride" FoS.
    How do you prove that you got those? All that proves is that account was active then not you. I know a few ppl playing accounts they bought or were given it cant be that uncommon with a 8 year old game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.
    Not even that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Nice...that's a good one. I can't remember why I didn't get one at the time. Probably had not much clue about the event and was more interested in getting the cheap PvP gear at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.
    What this wise moderator said. Couldn't care less if you playe in vanilla or not. I know quite a few people who are proud of themselves thinking they are hotshots cause they played back then when in reality they feel like they started two months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the fact that you own them but the fact you know what they were used for. The twilight cultist sets in silithus

Oh also have the 4 piece pally set from the scourge event thats gotta be worth something.
    Last edited by Xerra; 2012-11-26 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypothermia View Post
    Higher rank doesn't mean anything when it comes to playtime. Some people don't like PVP.
    Getting rank 13/14 required playing 18-22 hours a day for 2.5-3.5 months. Pretty sure that constitutes as higher rank contributing to playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Not the fact that you own them but the fact you know what they were used for. The twilight cultist sets in silithus

Oh also have the 4 piece pally set from the scourge event thats gotta be worth something.
    Good old summoning gear so you don't get smited by the angry elementals that appear ;-)
    I think they were the things that I was farming so I missed out on getting all the juicy pre BC event gear - I wished I had that tabard now....Altho come to think about it, I wouldn't have it anyway since I got rid of my original account ages ago

10+ Year Old Account
    27/04/2006 N/A Free Month Expired

Playing them gaimz since I was 13 damn...

Quel'serrar. The original one, not the faggy revamped version.

Wauw, I can't believe that NO ONE has actually mentioned items from the old undead invasion event (pre Naxx event). At that time 'everyone' did those quests, so most would have received such items at one point.
    I still have the Set of Undead Cleansing in my bank.

It is true that the same event was copied in preparation for Wrath, but that was with epic lvl 70 gear, while the lvl 60 were blue. These two different sets don't have the same look (and names either, I think), so they should be distinguishable. I can't honestly remember if there were items for every armor class (though that would seem logical). Mine is cloth; I'm a mage.

Still play with the same people you did in Vanilla...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The ongoing obsession with account age is annoying since people use it both to discredit other players or lend weight to their own subjective claims. It is almost never relevant to discussion but people still act like it is super important.

So, that's why.
    Yeah but you can't just assume that's the case. I am a bit intrigued too about "marks in the wow history". Are there things that is just not possible to achive today?

Quote Originally Posted by tibe View Post
    Pretty sure you could still get that in TBC.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've played in Classic, but I can't prove it as I played on my brother's account back then and it's really inactive. It's just that, even though you don't have proof, you can still be right.

OT: I guess there's the FoS Classic PvP titles, but probably some other things.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    My problem here is, it's on a character I won't play again lol Make it boa!

Quote Originally Posted by tibe View Post
    Could you still get that in BC or did they remove the book when BC hit?

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrPetaah View Post
    Wauw, I can't believe that NO ONE has actually mentioned items from the old undead invasion event (pre Naxx event). At that time 'everyone' did those quests, so most would have received such items at one point.
    I still have the Set of Undead Cleansing in my bank.

It is true that the same event was copied in preparation for Wrath, but that was with epic lvl 70 gear, while the lvl 60 were blue. These two different sets don't have the same look (and names either, I think), so they should be distinguishable. I can't honestly remember if there were items for every armor class (though that would seem logical). Mine is cloth; I'm a mage.
    Isn't that the dark portal event? A few people have mentioned that and mainly the tabard acquired from the event.....If you're thinking of something different would love to hear which one it is

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With this transmog set!