Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soo outside of heart of fear.. and Just thought of somthing...

Anyone feel like this is World of starcraft?

Looking back to PreBC We killed the Overmind. C'Thun in AQ40. So i'm like.. Yeah so that was in starcraft 2.. I didn't put the two togather. Now when BC came to light. We got Protoss. Aka the Dranei. Now come on.. They do look alike.. and come from space... and have ships that look like it..

Now in Mists. We got things going around looking like Zerg around here... WTF is going on here.. They are related to C'Thun.... I mean... Whats next? We get nukes?

Ohh wait.... Look what happened in Theramore....

Just posting on whats on my mind.

Mmm... I guess I can see it, but I think it's really a stretch.

There's literally nothing new under the sun, I'm sure I could liken WoW to nearly anything.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-11-26 at 02:38 AM.

Nothing you just said made any sense at all. C'thun and the Overmind are nothing alike. Neither are Dranei and Protoss. And the Matid are based on......Mantis!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

And the demons could be from the same place as Diablo demons. So all three Blizzard franchises can happen in the same universe.

Actually at one point I wondered if Titan could be a "World of Blizzard" sort of game. But apparently it's not.

The mantid and silithid look like giant bugs. With the exception of the drones and the eggs I don't really see a resemblance between bugs and the zerg. You can't really pin the zerg down to a certain species type, they are just mutant freaks of different types. Mantid spoiler: The mantid serve and are related to Y'shaarj by the way, not C'thun.

Edit: Thinking more on it, I guess there are roaches too. But I don't think insect when I see an ultralisk for example though.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-11-26 at 02:43 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

C'thun is an old god. same thing as y'shaarj. C'thun was an giant eye ball. Overmind was a giant eye ball... C'thun controlled his minions.... So did overmind.. And i'm sure his army was called a 'swarm' OOooooo o.0

WOAH!! It's almost like both games were made by the same company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Universe of Starcraft* and i bet that is what titan is.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Universe of Starcraft* and i bet that is what titan is.
    Wrong, Titan is a whole new IP. Nothing to do with past Blizzard games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    With what tiny amount of info we have it could be anything. Blizz could just say that to put us off track.
    Aye mate

With what tiny amount of info we have it could be anything. Blizz could just say that to put us off track.
    With the times Blizzard have mention Titan they have always said it was a new IP. Don't try to play around it.

No, they wouldn't. Blizzard misdirects and is intentionally vague, but they do no outright lie or provide blatantly false information in order to "put us off track," especially when legality is involved. If they had to copy-rite it as an intellectual property separate from SC, Diablo, or WoW, they are not going to just "lie" about that.

Also, they were pretty specific about it:
    Zarhym:
    "We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this."

Quote Originally Posted by Zelkor View Post
    C'thun is an old god. same thing as y'shaarj. C'thun was an giant eye ball. Overmind was a giant eye ball... C'thun controlled his minions.... So did overmind.. And i'm sure his army was called a 'swarm' OOooooo o.0
    C'thun mentally dominates and corrupts non-silithid to control them. The silithid themselves simply serve him willingly, not because of any sort of control but because he is their god. The Klaxxi teach us this. The Mantid and Silithid are not empty shells with no willpower of their own.

The overmind mentally controlled everything within the zerg. If you really want to take similarities to SC2 out of WoW. The one your searching for here is the Lich King compared to the overmind. Cut them out and the swarm runs over everything because no one is in control.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has reached a point there they can't think much truly original ideas, if any. So if they do think up something great, it'll likely get replicated into another one of there genres in another format.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    C'thun mentally dominates and corrupts non-silithid to control them. The silithid themselves simply serve him willingly, not because of any sort of control but because he is their god. The Klaxxi teach us this. The Mantid and Silithid are not empty shells with no willpower of their own.
    That makes me think Goa'uld.

Deleted
    Kerrigan is completely different from what the old gods represent.

The LK vs Kerrigan is indeed a better comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Blizzard has reached a point there they can't think much truly original ideas, if any. So if they do think up something great, it'll likely get replicated into another one of there genres in another format.
    Everything in MoP is a original idea that came from no other Blizzard game. Wanna try again?

Its a FPSMMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Its a FPSMMORPG.
    That's just a rumor, it was never stated by Blizzard or confirmed in any way. At most, it is said to "possibly" have "elements of" an FPS because "Blistered Thumbs reports that Blizzard has hired a "large portion of the development staff" from Splash Damage's class-based FPS Brink to work on Project Titan."

So, while it's possible, it's not yet fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything in MoP is a original idea that came from no other Blizzard game. Wanna try again?
    Jumping into the fire a little quickly there sunshine. Zelkor already call it that the mantid reminded him of the zerg. Pandaren isn't a fresh idea but something thats been around since WC3 era so over a decade ago.

Mists might have some origanal concepts, but many are cut and paste from other projects. So try again.
    #boycottchina