Poll: Should people with different political views be prevented from adopting children?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Liberals attack family for being conservative

Another prime example of liberal tolerance. Apparently if you support the third largest party in Britain *snip* then you're a "racist" and should be banned from raising children, or so the leftists would have us believe.

The husband and wife, who have been fostering for nearly seven years, said they were made to feel like criminals when a social worker told them that their views on immigration made them unsuitable carers.

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph, the couple said they feared that there was a black mark against their name and they would not be able to foster again.

Last night campaigners representing foster parents described the decision as “ridiculous” and warned that it could deter other prospective foster parents from volunteering.

Nigel Farage, the leader of UKIP, described the actions of Rotherham borough council as “a bloody outrage” and “political prejudice of the very worst kind”.

Tim Loughton, the former children’s minister, said: “I will be very concerned if decisions have been made about the children's future that were based on misguided political correctness around ethnic considerations.

"Being a supporter of a mainstream political party is not a deal-breaker when it comes to looking after children if it means they can have a loving family home.”

The couple, who do not want to be named to avoid identifying the children they have fostered, are in their late 50s and live in a neat detached house in a village in South Yorkshire.

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...s-of-Ukip.html
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-11-24 at 06:03 AM.

So apparently being found unsuitable for foster care is an attack now. Fix your stupid title.

Nigel Farage, the leader of UKIP, described the actions of Rotherham borough council as “a bloody outrage” and “political prejudice of the very worst kind”.
    HAHA ok

UKIP

I used to live in Cornwall, so i know all about this "party" and so i don't have enough facepalm for this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another instance were only the extremist sidecomes out.

Yeah the UKIP complaining about prejudice is pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So apparently being found unsuitable for foster care is an attack now. Fix your stupid title.
    Seems like he just wanted to create a thread to display an example of how liberals are intolerant so he could make an intolerant thread towards leftists...

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Another prime example of liberal tolerance. Apparently if you support the third largest party in Britain and/or common-sense immigration reform, then you're a "racist" and should be banned from raising children, or so the leftists would have us believe.
    -roll eyes- You might want to read the article instead of skimming it for ammo to you to use on your "war against liberals". I will sit here patiently until you realize that what you just said has nothing to do with the article.
    Last edited by ngc2440; 2012-11-24 at 12:00 AM. Reason: anything != nothing :(

UKIP 3rd most popular party in UK?
    Stick to your own country mate... and go work for Fox News

Maybe I don't know enough about British political parties to get a context on this, but I really don't see anything about liberals or conservatives here and your thread title just comes off as sensationalistic.

Quote Originally Posted by IPWNFGZRS View Post
    Maybe he does not know the difference between Lib Dem and UKIP...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought ukip was the "bad" party ie. a middle ground between BNP and conservative? :P

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Maybe I don't know enough about British political parties to get a context on this, but I really don't see anything about liberals or conservatives here and your thread title just comes off as sensationalistic.
    There really isn't anything. Amusingly enough Swazi associates UKIP with the conservative party here in the US, which is disturbing on so many levels.

Tbh he probably isn't far off. The Lib Dems are so far down in a lot of areas that UKIP were beatin them in several constituencies. I dont have the hard numbes to hansd but it isn't as laughable as it once would have been.
    Youtube Gaming Channel - TheRamblerz. The Best Variety Gaming Channel in this Signature!

i7 2600k (Overlocked to 4.4ghz) ; Asus P8Z68 V-Pro ; 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    2x GTX 570 EVGA Classified - SLI ; 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD; 2x 500GB Seagate HDD in Raid 0

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I thought ukip was the "bad" party ie. a middle ground between BNP and conservative? :P
    They are one of those small parties nobody apart from a few take seriously, idealistic, mostly unrealistic goals, their main "selling point" when I was aware of them was the total withdrawal from the EU, and a very hardline stance on immigration. They gained some ground in Cornwall, which is an agricultural / tourism based area, with very little immigrants ironically to complain of

This would be my experience about 5/6 years ago when i lived there

You mean other than the fact that they've been polling in third place for about two years now, completely destroyed the LibDems in the last election, and continue to be the fastest growing party?

Oh look, a kid on the internet knows how to make strawman attacks, that's cute.

...that wasn't a strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Right, so "tolerant" liberals attacking a family for their political views isn't an "attack" now? What universe do you live in?

Deleted
    It wasn't the liberals, it was the labour party.

10+ Year Old Account
    And once again Swazi disappears from a self created thread like a fart in the wind...

One could have hoped...
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Where, exactly, is the attack? I didn't see anything in the article about bombs, knives, guns, or even foul language being used against the people in question. And the issue wasn't that they were conservatives, it was that they're racists. You know you kind of give the game away when even you, as a conservative, equate conservatism with racism. I mean, we _know_ that most racists are conservatives. And while the converse is not necessarily true, it's going to be awfully hard for non-racist conservatives to draw that distinction as long as they continue to acquiesce to the policy and rhetorical demands of the racists.