10+ Year Old Account

Tips for cleaning LCD screen

I bought screen cleaner from Monoprice last year, people rave about it but it almost always leaves a residue behind. I've also been told that distilled water works just fine on it's own.

I've only had to use a micro fiber cloth, unless someone is putting finger prints on the screen it shouldn't be getting that dirty to require a cleaning solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthos View Post
    I've only had to use a micro fiber cloth, unless someone is putting finger prints on the screen it shouldn't be getting that dirty to require a cleaning solution.
    This,

but if its stuff on dots, or finger prints, then you can use warm water, with a tiny drop of fair liquid, not even enough to make bubbles, grab a cloth, rinse, and squeeze out as much water as you can, so it feels more "cool" than wet, then gently wipe your screen

Dont use any screen cleaning fluids that you can buy all over the place, their a load of crap and can damage the screen,
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    don't use any alcohol or things like windex or normal cleaners

these can react with coatings on the screen and ruin it permanently

if you have to, use a microfiber cloth that is damp with warm soapy water (mild hand soap)

and gently wipe the screen, you should only be using enough force for the cloth to sufficiantly contact the screen

Deleted
    When I clean my screen (or in fact any clear/shiny surface such as a Window pane) after using the wet cloth I immediately do a 2nd pass with a very soft dry cloth and this gives it a near perfect finish with no smear marks or residue.

Of course, the best policy with computer displays is never ever touch them and then you wont have to clean them either

I just use normal water from the crane with any cloth and making sure it's not leaking..

Best option is still using distilled water..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    I just use normal water from the crane with any cloth and making sure it's not leaking..

Best option is still using distilled water..
    wut?

also, there is no reason to use distilled water, the dust you pick up while cleaning will negate any benefit to using distilled water

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    wut?

also, there is no reason to use distilled water, the dust you pick up while cleaning will negate any benefit to using distilled water
    Lol sorry :P I meant watercock >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Lol sorry :P I meant watercock >.<
    you're not making this better :P

'faucet' i think is what you are looking for, also known in slang as 'tap'

what is your primary language?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    you're not making this better :P

'faucet' i think is what you are looking for, also known in slang as 'tap'

what is your primary language?
    Haha :<

Dutch :P Most of the Dutch words are the same in English so that's why I sometimes just literally translate it and apparently making such bloopers :P