How strong is the 4 set bpnus for shadow?

Hi fellas, i'm just wondering how strong the 4 set bonus realy is.
    Like would it be worth using a LFR piece for head or shoulders when you already got the 496 ones?
    For example, whould it be worth it for me?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hpriest/simple

Deleted
    I don't really know, but looking at your gear I would advise you to do some regemming so you get to the haste-cap at 8085 haste. Should be the way to go for extra ticks on our dots.

Dude, i'm a goblin.. i'm at the haste capp

Yes. It is worth swapping almost any single piece of gear for a piece of LFR tier to get your 4-piece bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zazuz View Post
    I don't really know, but looking at your gear I would advise you to do some regemming so you get to the haste-cap at 8085 haste. Should be the way to go for extra ticks on our dots.
    Its almost never whorth to go full haste for the hastecap if thats what you mean, you loose way to much int.

Pre 8085(Haste cap) 2 haste is still not stronger than 1 int.

as far as i know pre-haste cap the stat weights for int and haste are 1pp and 0,7pp in the same order. and the amount of haste you get from gems are at least double the amount of int you get

i'm not a theorycrafter in any way but here's some basic math from me. (enlighten me if i have errors)

so basically a 160 int gem is 160pp
    80 int + 160 haste gem is 80+(160x0,7)=192pp
    320 haste gem is 320x0,7=224pp

isn't this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    as far as i know pre-haste cap the stat weights for int and haste are 1pp and 0,7pp in the same order. and the amount of haste you get from gems are at least double the amount of int you get

i'm not a theorycrafter in any way but here's some basic math from me. (enlighten me if i have errors)

so basically a 160 int gem is 160pp
    80 int + 160 haste gem is 80+(160x0,7)=192pp
    320 haste gem is 320x0,7=224pp

isn't this right?
    Well it's a haste breakpoint not a cap, haste is still good past that point (in general comment not directed at you personally). Also, haste only has that high of a value when you are within ~400 haste away from the break point. If you are more than that haste will usually sim closer to .5.

yeah sorry, meant to say breakpoint. and thanks for the additional info. <3

Prolly worth swapping a piece out to get the bonus.

It's not amazing though, just saves a GCD every so often but definitely a dps increase from dropping 13 item levels on 1 bit

By the looks of it, the 4pc will affect our multi-dotting more than our single target. To the point where we may be able to maintain dots on 7 or 8 targets now.

+3s on 2 dots = 6s = 4+ (depending on your haste) GCD's before you have to recast them. So in the worst scenario, it's ~5 mind flays per minute strong.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2012-11-27 at 06:12 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    I think we should all rerace goblin for the haste cap

Quote Originally Posted by Torgy View Post
    I think we should all rerace goblin for the haste cap
    I think they should buff all other racials to equal 1000+ haste.

The bonus is strong enough that even if you were to have non-tier gear that was a full 13 ilvl's higher in each of those slots, you would still just about break even in terms of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    +3s on 2 dots = 6s = 4+ (depending on your haste) GCD's before you have to recast them. So in the worst scenario, it's ~5 mind flays per minute strong.
    That's completely wrong.

The weight of the 4 piece bonus would differ by fight. Any fight where you are dotting multiple targets it'd be a clear damage increase.

I'd say it'd still be worth it to get the 4 piece even for single target fights, but thats just my gut feeling with no math to back it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    I think they should buff all other racials to equal 1000+ haste.
    and by 1000+ haste you mean 425 haste? Are you talking about something else?
    {[( )]}

Quote Originally Posted by Taradenha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    That's completely wrong.
    Ye, was gonna say ~5 mind flays per fight. \o/ Something like this:

Assuming a 6m single target fight, which is what we are worst at, with perfect execution, by default:
    • Vamp Touch 15s duration. 360/15 = 24 recasts for 100% uptime;
    • SW:P 18s duration. 360/18 = 20 recasts for 100% uptime.

With 4pc:
    • Vamp Touch 18s duration. 360/15 = 20 recasts for 100% uptime;
    • SW:P 21s duration. 360/21 ~ 17 recasts for 100% uptime.

(24 + 20) - (20 + 17) = 7 free GCD's.

This of course changes depending on your haste level, as it changes both the duration of the dots, and the GCD.

It's value also increases with both the duration of the fight, and the amount of targets you can dot (if the targets are assumed to stay alive for the full duration of the dots).

The only thing that makes it not so good is the fact that our movement DPS, in case where you don't have or just cant save FDCL procs, comes down to SW:P spam, which would cause the dot to refresh before expiry. Which is pretty much the same reason why SW:I, in it's current condition, will never become a viable talent for us.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2012-11-27 at 09:57 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years