Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So you know the Monkey King? -Spoilers-

We're apparently meeting him in 5.1, if you're Alliance.

If you check WoWhead and check the quests, it details that Anduin begins to befriend some of the Hozen, and meets the Monkey King.

Do you think we'll get some more answers as to the Mists surrounding Pandaria and when he gave the Mask to Shaohao to split off his emotions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends on whether or not he's the same monkey king from 10,000 years ago. If so, then yeah, that's amazing, and he's bound to have something to say about Shaohao, and perhaps the Sha as well. By all accounts the Sha are still active in 5.1, so defeating the 6 major Sha in 5.0 hasn't ended their threat completely.

edit - here's a thought - if it's the same Monkey King, then it's possible he's an Ancient/Celestial, one of the demigods that live on Azeroth. The same real-world myth that inspired the four August Celestials of Pandaria actually contains a 5th deity that oversees the other 4, so maybe the humble Monkey King is the 5th. That might also explain where the rest of the hozen came from - they are his children, in the same way that the furbolg and quillboar are descended from animal demigods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    That depends on whether or not he's the same monkey king from 10,000 years ago. If so, then yeah, that's amazing, and he's bound to have something to say about Shaohao, and perhaps the Sha as well. By all accounts the Sha are still active in 5.1, so defeating the 6 major Sha in 5.0 hasn't ended their threat completely.

edit - here's a thought - if it's the same Monkey King, then it's possible he's an Ancient/Celestial, one of the demigods that live on Azeroth. The same real-world myth that inspired the four August Celestials of Pandaria actually contains a 5th deity that oversees the other 4, so maybe the humble Monkey King is the 5th. That might also explain where the rest of the hozen came from - they are his children, in the same way that the furbolg and quillboar are descended from animal demigods.

If your right I will give you my first born child!

Deleted
    Oh he better be Horde... And throw poop at Anduins face.

Well, it depends if the Alliance quests actually get finished. We might not even get to see half the storyline for the Alliance when the patch hits.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Oh he better be Horde... And throw poop at Anduins face.
    See.. its the horde who made friendly with the hozen, why the bloody hell should alliance get to have a quest to do with the monkey king.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    See.. its the horde who made friendly with the hozen, why the bloody hell should alliance get to have a quest to do with the monkey king.
    To make up for the fact that horde saw more of the worgan story then worgan themselfs?
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    Well Anduin has been working more with the people/aspects of Pandaria than anyone else in the Horde and the Alliance (Of course your character has aswell)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Well Anduin has been working more with the people/aspects of Pandaria than anyone else in the Horde and the Alliance (Of course your character has aswell)
    Its an alliance quest, regardless of anduins good deeds. That means horde won't get to see it.

Alliance got to be involved with everything Thrall did in cata, but Anduin, who's trying to work for peace, is only open to alliance characters? Right, fair..
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's the Alliance that's trying to understand and preserve Pandaria, and what better way to do so than to ally and learn from an ancient Hozen who knows a lot about Pandaria.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 11:16 PM ----------

Alliance got to be involved with everything Thrall did in cata, but Anduin, who's trying to work for peace, is only open to alliance characters? Right, fair..
    Good. I'm tired of neutrality. Nobody likes it as a whole, or like seeing Thrall 24/7 as an Alliance player.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-25 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    Its an alliance quest, regardless of anduins good deeds. That means horde won't get to see it.

dont worry it seems he gets killed off anyway, thats for not sharing his stuff with the horde. and why thrall still lives. long life sharing

i share my ammo with the alliance as a good deed. they dont seem too appriciate it though

Anduin has shown no indication of being Neutral. Thrall however was. And you're trying to say it's not fair, coming from a fucking horde? Pathetic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    He can have my first unborn child, too!
    There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

My god you are annoying. Oh boo god damn hoo, I can't do a quest in a video game, this isn't fair. Maybe instead of whining and complaining you could go do it on the ptr once it's done? Level up an alliance to 90 and do it? Watch someone on youtube do it? Get an ally friend to let you do it for them? It's just one small quest chain that won't matter in a week. And I'm sure Horde will get something just as cool in return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    dont worry it seems he gets killed off anyway, thats for not sharing his stuff with the horde. and why thrall still lives. long life sharing

i share my ammo with the alliance as a good deed. they dont seem too appriciate it though
    Actually its been shown the sound files of Anduin being killed as a red herring, since not long after they released sound files showing he does live but is injured.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be funny if it had same personality like a monkey king from jackie chan:

I kinda hope for it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    My god you are annoying. Oh boo god damn hoo, I can't do a quest in a video game, this isn't fair. Maybe instead of whining and complaining you could go do it on the ptr once it's done? Level up an alliance to 90 and do it? Watch someone on youtube do it? Get an ally friend to let you do it for them? It's just one small quest chain that won't matter in a week. And I'm sure Horde will get something just as cool in return.

Trassk was the first person I ever put on ignore on these forums. He's a blatant troll who comes into every lore thread to just spout random nonsense and flame everyone who disagrees with him(he once told me I probably enjoy hurting animals, because I thought the next logical step to Thrall's story was for him to die as a result of Garrosh's actions to be the catalyst that finally mobilizes the rest of the Horde leaders against Garrosh and that made me an awful human being, when the REAL next step for Thrall's story is to take two step backwards and become the peace loving Warchief of the Horde again, apparently).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siltah View Post
    He can have my first unborn child, too!
    Great, cause I can never eat just one.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    because I thought the next logical step to Thrall's story was for him to die as a result of Garrosh's actions to be the catalyst that finally mobilizes the rest of the Horde leaders against Garrosh
    I'm not gonna lie, that sounds amazing. They'd never go for it though, Thrall is too much of a pet for them to ever have him die.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2012-11-25 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, that sounds amazing. They'd never go for it though, Thrall is too much of a pet for them to ever have him die.
    Can you imagine all the "I quit" threads if they did do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Aiiigh, something new, creative, unexpected, and different! It burnssss us!"