Deleted

Spirit/hit Loot rules

I just wanted to hear how you guys deal with spirit and hit loot for Elementals, Balance and Shadowpriests?

I think that for Elemental shamans and Balance druids this is not as much as a problem as for Priests? Since I don't think there are hit armours for leather/mail, with exceptions on some Tier items I suppose. So they will always share loot with the healers.

And how about necklaces, rings and weapons/OH?

Since we mostly run a guild 25-man there's not that much of a hassle about it but sometimes, just interested to see how you guys are sorting it.

I have never needed to take a piece of gear on my Shadow Priest strictly based on Spirit. My rule of thumb is Haste. If it has Haste then it benefits me regardless of the other stats. I am not sure about the other classes honestly.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit items usually go to mages/warlocks first.

It depends on how big of an upgrade it is. Spriests don't care about hit/spirit, both do the same thing. If it's a huge upgrade for the priest over the lock/mage it goes to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    It depends on how big of an upgrade it is. Spriests don't care about hit/spirit, both do the same thing. If it's a huge upgrade for the priest over the lock/mage it goes to them.
    Yes, but in theory, lets say the upgrade is of equal size.. Having the shadowpriest "choose and pick" in all cloth gear just because "he can use it" would not be very fair? Since the mage/lock can only use some of the gear he should have priority on that loot?

I realize that in any stable guild raid this should not be too much of a problem but im still interested in getting some ideas and thoughts. I guess making a comparision on the loot table vs spirit/hit needers would be good

In the last 2+ years of raiding since the spirit to hit change happened we haven't had one issue with this or any mention of somebody thinking they should get an item or somebody else shouldn't. The only time there is ever any mention of spirit gear going to anybody it is dps getting it and it is often them double checking that a healer doesnt need it. This idea that hit gear is only mage or warlock gear is silly, sure other classes can use spirit for hit and if they duel spec heals they should use spirit for hit the other secondary stat should be the focus not the hit/spirit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by varila View Post
    Yes, but in theory, lets say the upgrade is of equal size.. Having the shadowpriest "choose and pick" in all cloth gear just because "he can use it" would not be very fair? Since the mage/lock can only use some of the gear he should have priority on that loot?
    Doesn't work. You say hit items should go to mage/lock first because they can't use spirit. So I say, spirit items should go to healers first because they can't use hit items. Nothing left for the hybrids.

Everyone should always get to roll on their BiS items. If it's not BiS, you might pass for other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    I have never needed to take a piece of gear on my Shadow Priest strictly based on Spirit. My rule of thumb is Haste. If it has Haste then it benefits me regardless of the other stats. I am not sure about the other classes honestly.
    this, hit gear goes to classes that don't have spirit = hit.

but haste anything is > all for spriests
    generally a spirit trinket will put a spirit caster way above hit cap so, ofc healers for that.

generally you make loot priorities based off stats for that class/spec..
    is it a crit mastery neck? spriest prolly wouldn't want it
    find out what 2 are good for each class, and which 1 is the worst, and go from there.
    write it down loot drops reference your notes, etc.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    If nobody needs hit gear from the mages and the locks, then hybrids can get it if they request, if the mages and locks ned it they have priority to get it.
    The thing gets a bit complicated with hybrids and healers though, since spirit is very nessesary to the healers.
    We raid 10 man, and in both group there is a mutual understanding and there is some kind of prio to the healers, but if the upgrade for the healer is not significant then hybrid gets prio.
    In a 25 there has to be a short of rule on that one, since so many people can need an item.

It is another thing have to arrange things for 3 people on the fly and another thing to have a spirit ring dropping with lets say 4 priests 3 druids 3 shamans and 2 paladins all need it.
    But now that i mentioned those numbers i felt nostalgic again for the old days so ill put a full stop here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    In the last 2+ years of raiding since the spirit to hit change happened we haven't had one issue with this or any mention of somebody thinking they should get an item or somebody else shouldn't. The only time there is ever any mention of spirit gear going to anybody it is dps getting it and it is often them double checking that a healer doesnt need it. This idea that hit gear is only mage or warlock gear is silly, sure other classes can use spirit for hit and if they duel spec heals they should use spirit for hit the other secondary stat should be the focus not the hit/spirit.
    It's the same idea that druids, shaman, and paladins were given lower priority on caster gear below their armor type. Or how hunters, shaman, and warriors were also given lower priority on agi gear below their armor type. The rare exceptions were when the lower armor type pieces were BiS.

If a hit item is BiS for a spriest, boomkin, ele sham, then fine. If not, they should be passing for a class that can't use spirit.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-11-26 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Doesn't work. You say hit items should go to mage/lock first because they can't use spirit. So I say, spirit items should go to healers first because they can't use hit items. Nothing left for the hybrids.

Everyone should always get to roll on their BiS items. If it's not BiS, you might pass for other players.
    Even though my group was top 10 on one of the biggest server in europe we never had any troubles with loot because we followed this rule mentioned above. Items go to people for whom it is BiS first and then anyone who needs it can take it, huge upgrades have prio over everthing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    If nobody needs hit gear from the mages and the locks, then hybrids can get it if they request, if the mages and locks ned it they have priority to get it.
    The thing gets a bit complicated with hybrids and healers though, since spirit is very nessesary to the healers.
    We raid 10 man, and in both group there is a mutual understanding and there is some kind of prio to the healers, but if the upgrade for the healer is not significant then hybrid gets prio.
    In a 25 there has to be a short of rule on that one, since so many people can need an item.

It is another thing have to arrange things for 3 people on the fly and another thing to have a spirit ring dropping with lets say 4 priests 3 druids 3 shamans and 2 paladins all need it.
    But now that i mentioned those numbers i felt nostalgic again for the old days so ill put a full stop here...
    It's a double edged sword, sometimes healers want pieces that don't have spirit on it.

Deleted
    Hit gear - mages/warlocks
    Spirit - ALL priest specs
    Neither - Free for all
    Compensate unlucky ones with extra tier/crafted pieces
    By my experience loot drops are pretty much balanced for this as long as raid does not have too much of one gear type users.

Spirit = Hit and happens to be most valuable statistic for pretty much every hybrid damager. Reforging can always take care of going over the cap. Sure, there are some undesirable items that carry spirit and least important stat in second slot, but still most often sprit items will be sought after by hybrids. Also their effectiveness is simulated many times. If you deny your hybrid item that is high on his weight list just because he's not healer, you just voluntarily gimp your raid DPS and destroy player's motivation, making him question if it is viable to stay with RL that doesn't understand simple math behind gearing.

Whoever will get the most benefit from said item at that time. Most of my guilds raids seem to end up more being the case of people wanting someone else to take drops if its not BiS.

If it's an upgrade it's an upgrade. Spirit or hit doesn't matter for me, the other stats do. The Klaxxi necklaces you can choose from is also a no brainer since the one with spirit hast a nice amount of haste so that one is always better.

If you start denying shadow priests to roll on spirit gear you really fail as GM/raidleader.

The problem usually takes care of itself. If the hybrid gets the hit gear this time, the pure class will be up for gear the next time. If a spirit gear gear dropped the next time, it would go to a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is benefiting your raid as long as it is an upgrade to whoever it goes to.