Engineering invisibility field?

How reliable is this nowadays? Any malfunctions like with many engineering gadgets? And does it share CD with anything?

The effect appears to have been secretly modified at some point. I've used it numerous times now, and each time I've gotten the full 15 second duration. I've yet to see the cloaking effect end prematurely due to Field Disruption since 5.0.4.

The Dazzled effect that occasionally triggers when activated, preventing the invisibility from coming into effect at all, is back however.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84424#comments

Otherwise, why not test it for yourself? It's not expensive to put on your belt these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84424#comments

Otherwise, why not test it for yourself? It's not expensive to put on your belt these days.
    Well, I did already check wowhead, but most comments there are outdated, from cata or even wotlk.

And ofc I would have tried it out myself if I had engineering on any of my chars, which I don't

I'm considering changing my JC to engineering, and was a bit curious as to how useful this ability actually is.

Deleted
    I'm engineer myself, but haven't used the invisibility belt tinker myself due to the nitro boosts being THAT good for melee in pve and pvp alike.

Unfortunately I'm not able to look it up on wowhead myself right now, but does the invisibility trinket still exist, that you could build from the recipe that was sold once a day from a vendor in raven manor north of southshore? I did use that on my hunter some time ago confusing people by basically "vanishing" for 10 seconds when camouflage was something hunters would only dream of. Had a 30min cooldown though I think.

in all honesty Dranged, the nitro boosts is far Superior to the invisibility belt, bu tI think it's a 25% chance of fail like most other engineering tinkers.

Well, I'm a worgen so I already have my speed boost with Darkflight. So I was thinking invisibility field could be used instead of invis potions when skipping trash in challenge modes (and saving the pot CD for dps-potions)

Deleted
    Not worth it for challenge mode, if it fails your whole run is screwed and thats a 10min wait. better to use the pot and not risk making your party wait 10mins if it fails

As far as I remembered using it: move around 5 yards and it starts to fail, you wont be able to move very far, unless you got some good speed boost

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use it on my belt, it has never malfunctioned so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    As far as I remembered using it: move around 5 yards and it starts to fail, you wont be able to move very far, unless you got some good speed boost
    They seem to have removed that now. Every time I've used it since MoP it's lasted its full duration no matter how far I moved.

I clicked this hoping it was a real life engineer working on some form of futuristic invisibility field that was going to be mass produced soon for the common man...

Depressing

Aveline's amazing work!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    Well, I'm a worgen so I already have my speed boost with Darkflight. So I was thinking invisibility field could be used instead of invis potions when skipping trash in challenge modes (and saving the pot CD for dps-potions)
    Oh trust me, you'll love the nitro boosts. Only down side is leakage, even when it explodes I laugh a bit. XD

MC belt isfun to mess with people too.

GOD I LOVE MY GOBLIN GLIDER!!! IT WAS THE BEST PART OF MISTS!! I play a rogue main, saying rogues got the short end of the stick is like saying the pope is kinda religious, so engineering toys made me happy.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.