Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post

There's some math behind why it goes Lei Shin 502 > 5.1 Trinket > Xuen.
    My math there was fairly accurate, although I should have used a lower value for crit's SEP. Crit tends to be less valuable when used as a proc. Simcraft was just updated today (Not officially, you have to compile it yourself.) to include the trinkets. I ran a bunch of tests and the results were almost what I predicted, just engineering threw a wrench in it.

(I can't post links yet, but the following is in the Fury Of Pandaria thread.)

IF YOU ARE AN ENGINEER AND SMF:
    Darkmoon Card > 5.1 Trinket. by a significant margin, 400+ dps increase in most cases.

Also, super-important here: If you DO use this trinket as an engineer, use bloodbath with your springs, NOT the trinket. Use the trinket on your next colossus smash. Trinket procs/uses have always been an area where comparing SEP values is difficult, as the value of crit isn't quite as high when you only consider a 12 second window.

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ENGINEER:
    <490 Ilevel: Darkmoon Card > 5.1 trinket
    490-500 Ilevel: Darkmoon Card = 5.1 Trinket.
    >500 Ilevel or Titans Grip: 5.1 Trinket > Darkmoon Card.

Ilevel's are educated guesses by myself after running a couple of different gear-sets through. They have an error range of + or - 4 ilevels, sim your character to find out for sure.

Updated trinket results again.
    My results for SMF:

BEST:
    Heroic Lei Shen's Orders
    Regular Lei Shen's Orders
    5.1 Trinket (500+ Ilevel and NOT Engineer)
    Relic of Xuen
    5.1 Trinket (<500 ilevel or Engineer)
    Carbonite Carbuncle
    LFR Lei Shen's Orders
    WORST:

AWFUL: Coaster

TG:
    BEST:
    Heroic Lei Shen's Orders
    5.1 Trinket (Skullrender)
    Carbonite Carbuncle (Only if crits SEP is above 1.2, roughly 505+ ilevel)
    Regular Lei Shen's Orders
    Relic of Xuen
    Carbonite Carbuncle
    Chorium's Coaster
    LFR Lei Shen's Orders
    WORST:
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2012-11-30 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you account for using the item upgrade feature on Carbonic Carbuncle? It's piss easy to get 1500 JP if you have a tank OS, and it increases its power by quite a bit. And what exactly do you mean, compile it yourself? Make the actions priority for the trinket?

Can you post the code for the trinket usage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I'm TG and an Engineer... now what do I do (just point out that you have for SMF engi and TG non engi... none for TG engi)?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Did you account for using the item upgrade feature on Carbonic Carbuncle? It's piss easy to get 1500 JP if you have a tank OS, and it increases its power by quite a bit. And what exactly do you mean, compile it yourself? Make the actions priority for the trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Non-engineers:
    actions+=/use_item,name=helmbreaker_medallion,use_off_gcd=1,if=!talent.bloodbath.enabled|(talent.blo odbath.enabled&buff.bloodbath.up)

Engineers: (Make sure to place this line underneath the line for your tinker.)
    actions+=/use_item,name=helmbreaker_medallion,use_off_gcd=1,if=debuff.colossus_smash.up

I did not account for any upgrades on items, as upgrading ilevel shouldn't have any affect on trinket priority due to all trinkets being upgradable.

The carbuncle is a very strong trinket, unfortunately simcraft doesn't support upgraded items just yet, but it was around 500 dps worse than the relic when I tested them all. So, the upgrade most likely leaves it in the same slot priority wise, just a lot closer.

By compiling, I mean downloading the source code via SVN and building/compiling the code into an executable.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    I'm TG and an Engineer... now what do I do (just point out that you have for SMF engi and TG non engi... none for TG engi)?
    I tend to focus on SMF due to being SMF myself, so I kind of forgot about that. I'll find out for you sometime tonight/tomorrow, but as a total shot in the dark guess I'm going to say that the 5.1 trinket will remain in the same spot in the trinket priority for TG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the reason I asked about upgraded Carbonic vs the other trinkets is I wanted to know if I should go for weapon valor upgrades or for the trinket first. Depends what I get I guess. If valor trink vs upgraded carbonic was close, I was not going to buy the trinket asap. But, thanks to the code I can sim it myself. I'll post my personal results later.

I thought on use trinket's didn't share cd with Engineering gloves if they wern't the same stats, also is CC better than Relic even with both upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    I thought on use trinket's didn't share cd with Engineering gloves if they wern't the same stats, also is CC better than Relic even with both upgraded?
    Well you can't use an on use trinket at the same time as synapse springs. And I'd assume that the rankings are the same as long as the items are equally upgraded.

10+ Year Old Account
    See sig for armory, SMF, 487 armopr/SimC iLvl, using SimC 5.1-2:
    JUST CC versus Helmbreaker, CBA doing every single trinket right now
    Carbonic unupgraded: 92600, 210k burst
    Helmbreaker: 93600, 230k burst
    1k DPS, or 1.07% difference right now. The gap would be smaller with upgraded Carbonic. So, if you aren't TG or high iLvl SMF, I'd say spend your Valor on 496/Heroic weapon upgrades first, then get this trinket. If you are working on a burn phase fight though, I'd get it sooner- 20k difference on burst DPS. 9.5% more burst.