Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 M Garalon Normal - constantly wipe

Our group has problem with Garalon. We are now already 2 weeks stuck with Garalon.
    So I decided to show our WoL and maybe you can help us?
    World of Logs

Extra info:
    Inquistatione is a newest member and hasn't very good gear (he started with gearing now).

We need to know what's going wrong:
    2 tanks should takes the first 2 pheromenes ? Or not?
    Who's the next 2 kiters? The healers or the DPS'ers?
    Is the DPS too low?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Our group has problem with Garalon. We are now already 2 weeks stuck with Garalon.
    World of Logs

Extra info:
    Inquistatione is a newest member and hasn't very good gear (he started with gearing now).

Is the DPS too low?

Checking your longest log - your dps is too low. Especially the warlock and warrior.

On our own runs we start out with a Healer kiter - simply because he won't do dps and we all pre-pot / lust at the start so this way the DPS will be maximised. For us next would be 2 tanks and as last me as dps, when all CD"s should've ended and lose the least dps.

Damage is low. Should be looking for at least 70k+ from each of the dps.

If you're struggling for dps then you should definitely only have the tanks and healers on kiting duty.

For what it's worth, if your tanks have an appropriate dps/spec gear and can do more damage in it, then have them switch to that. They can still soak the damage from his ability just fine if healers are on the ball (DK's especially given that they have lots reduction cd's).

I would suggest:

Having your holy pala soak with one tank (and dropping the other tank for a dps)

Using hero at the start and using a pheromones rotation such as: holy pala, tank, hunter, lock/boomkin

Co-ordinating a healing cooldown after each crush.

As for legs, have your warrior spec arms and let him hog the leg full time (have other dps switch to finish it off if there is ~ 5 seconds left on mend leg).

I feel with you man. Our guild had 50 wipes on Garalon and 13 on Grand Empress lol before we killed em. In the end we used ret pala and warrior tank soaking the cone attack, our tank took the pheromones first, we used hero + prepots and our resto druids went nuts with Heart of The Wild spam. Then we had all three healers doing pheromones, dps focusing on maximising. From attempts we wiped on 20% due to enrage we killed it like 35 seconds before enrage. Gl

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    World of Logs

Extra info:

Is the DPS too low?
    What worked for us:
    1) we only used one tank (pheromones + taking hits) (other 3 kiters = healers) + 1 melee dps as "OT" (ret pala worked for us)
    2) pheromones: healers, specially since u're going with 3 healers (together with the 1 tank)
    3) at the start of the fight all the dps focus down the legs but once they are down, the ranged focussed the body while melee kept killing legs, when needed ranged helped. --> this was an actual dps boost for both melee and ranged cause melee always had legs to focus and ranged didn't have to constantly move.

This worked for us eventhough our guild also has many slackers (dpswise)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Yaxley View Post
    Having your holy pala soak with one tank (and dropping the other tank for a dps)
    Co-ordinating a healing cooldown after each crush.
    Yea these two could help a lot. We had some problems with random deaths after crush, until we made a rotation for healing CD's ( Healing Tide Totem is OP, cos it heals while your char is stunned).

We used 3 heals, 2 tanks that weren't actually tanks...but dps. We had a warrior and a DK go dps and just soak the slashes, while attacking one of the front legs.

In our group we had 2 healers help with the kiting....1 healer (resto druid) would start out the pull. Then we'd have a ranged dps take it around 15 stacks. Then we had another ranged dps take it...then we used a healer .....then a ranged dps, then back to the first healer.

Make sure to use a CD for every crush, obviously.

What we did also was we had all dps kill two legs, usually the back two...then after that ranged dps only focused on the boss the whole time while melee kepts on the legs. When the boss got around 20% we had all dps focusing on the body and not the legs. Our tanks never took the pheromones or however you spell it.

Kinda a different strat, any pugs that I've been in which were mostly guild runs...and they had dps issues, I mentioned this to them...and they were hesistant to reinvent the wheel per say.

Okay, thank you for the tips.
    I'm gonna share those tips on my group. I'll let ya all know how this will go (prolly tuesday or after the reset sunday).

Kiting:

Two tanks, two healers. Or, two tanks, 1 healer, 1 DPS (preferably a Hunter). Or if one of your tanks goes DPS, 1 tank, 2 healers, 1 DPS (Hunter) At any rate you want to keep the DPS out of the kiting rotation if at all possible, since they need to maximise damage output.

Hunters are the exception and should always be used in the kiting rotation, because they take a minimal DPS hit when kiting (and in 5.1, no DPS loss at all).

So with your raid comp, I'd suggest the following kiters in this order:

Gibso (Brewmaster Monk)
    A healer (either Selador, the Priest, or Merylin, the Shaman imo)
    Nihl (Blood Death Knight)
    Crespa (Hunter)

Two important things to take note of here:

The Brewmaster Monk first. This is because they can run in first, get Pheramones, then immediately roll back to the outside of the room, meaning there's no Pheromones in the middle. It's a minor thing, but it can really help towards the tail end of the fight.

The two tanks spread out: this way, what you do is every time a switch is needed, the tank can time it with Furious Swipes. Always have the tank going to the other kiter, not the other way around: the other kiter stands perfectly still, waiting for the tank to come to them (or as still as you can while not standing in pheromones, lol). No chance of the healer or DPS getting hit by Furious Swipes, and with only one person moving you don't get any annoying client-server latency, where both kiters are running after each other and never catching up, or multiple pheromone swaps accidentally happen.

And yep, DPS is too low. You primarily need to sort out the Warlock and Warrior, though almost everyone can step up their game a bit. The exception would be the Hunter, who is doing pretty decently considering this fight is terrible for Hunters (but it's made up for with the kiting thing).

What may help is going with 2 healers instead of 3. That's what got us our kill: we struggled with DPS, then brought in an extra DPS and benched a healer. Killed it within 2-3 attempts after that.

Deleted
    In my guild we are in the same situation. We dont know what to change or improve. Any advice?

< Unbound > Dun Modr-EU Spain (Worldoflogs)

(I cant show here the direct links)

If you can, bring a mistweaver monk and 2 heal it (they have overly OP healing on that fight). It should compensate for ur lack of dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not faced Garalon 10N yet, but I can tell you this:
    -- he has 216M hit points
    -- you have exactly seven minutes
    -- that's a total of 514,286 damage per second, including everyone. You're way under that. Sorry, your group is mathematically eliminated from killing Garalon at this time.

Your group has the same problem mine has: you're bringing people who aren't ready for the fight.

EDIT: Switching a healer for a DPS might help, if that DPS can make up the 85k-ish DPS you're lacking. Based on your raid group, I doubt that's going to be enough.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2012-11-26 at 06:49 PM.

It takes 500k DPS as a group to kill Garalon, your group on your best attempt has 413k DPS.. so you're missing 87k dps to be able to kill it.

If I compare logs, your top dps would be the lowest dps in my group, and we barely kill it prior to the enrage using 2 tanks, 3 heals.

Are people not standing in green circle when dpsing the leg (the one of that leg, not any green circle) ?

So either you do a gimmick that people who don't have enough dps do (remove tanks and healers to replace by dps), or you seriously gear up your team and tell them to play better.

Deleted
    Finally died! We put two heals on pheromones and did better DPS the casters. Thanks for the help :-)

Okay, thank you for the tips. I'll use all of your tips and already shared too on my group.
    Maybe we are trying tonight, or else it's for sunday. I'll let ya all know.

Deleted
    You should just kick your warrior from your raid group, he got way lower DPS than what he is supposed to. Wrong glyphs, wrong reforge, waaaay to much haste and not even exp capped, replace him and shape up the rest of the DPSers and you got a kill

Deleted
    Healers should run pheromones, with a DPS or a tank as 4th.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Critten View Post
    You should just kick your warrior from your raid group, he got way lower DPS than what he is supposed to. Wrong glyphs, wrong reforge, waaaay to much haste and not even exp capped, replace him and shape up the rest of the DPSers and you got a kill
    Kicking rather than educating is the obvious answer?

You're not very focused on team building, are you?

Deleted
    Kicking rather than educating is the obvious answer?

You're not very focused on team building, are you?
    OFC they can have someone that teaches him the way of the warrior, but it's gonna take some time, and then sorry for my mad rage on that warrior, I want everyone having a great time playing wow. A little practice and tips and tricks from someone and he can do over 100k atleast

Damn, no raiding tonight. That means it will be for thursday or sunday. I'll give update!