Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High suicide rates? That's all that really comes to mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawri View Post
    As a Finn it's so fun to read this thread! Tell us more! : D
    Ditto here. It's always entertaining to hear what others think of your country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay667b View Post
    High suicide rates? That's all that really comes to mind.
    We're barely in the top 20 though. What I've noticed is that the murder-suicides are becoming more and more common, i.e. a father sick of life kills his family and then himself.

Edit; @ Everything Nice, mämmi is awesome with a lil' bit of honey and milk <3 Granted it looks like sticky diarrhea. It's made out of ryeflour, malt, water, syrup, salt and bitter orange zest.
    Last edited by mmoc68224f08ff; 2012-11-26 at 04:04 PM.

Simo Hayha. That's all I really need to know to stay on the good side of a Finn.

My Finnish friend really seemed to be into Conan O'Brien a few years back since they said he looked like your president at the time... who was a woman. Ouch.

I treat Finns with the same amount of respect/fear I'd treat a Russian or Australian.
    Last edited by Aeryana; 2012-11-26 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Edit; @ Everything Nice, mämmi is awesome with a lil' bit of honey and milk <3 Granted it looks like sticky diarrhea. It's made out of ryeflour, malt, water, syrup, salt and bitter orange zest.
    I hate mämmi with passion. Might not be very Finnish of me, but even the smell of it makes me gag a little.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I hate mämmi with passion. Might not be very Finnish of me, but even the smell of it makes me gag a little.
    Totally understandable, I reckon it's kind of like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marmite's alright. It was good when I was in Africa and couldn't get an actual good breakfast.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Hard to believe nobody mentioned Nightwish...

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, when I think of Finland or Sweden my initial thoughts are of vikings, but I know that's definitely not true. I don't really know much about your country really, but would love to do some research.

Deleted
    They stab eachother for fun - and when they are done stabbin' they kick eachothers asses with birch branches!

- The biggest Finnish celebreties are The Dudesons, a metal band that cuts themselves -Nightwhish, and Jari Litmanen.
    When they dont cut eachother, they get drunk, and then start to cut eachother.

- Sometimes they even shoot the ppl they are in school with.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm out of mintuu
    That stuff is like candy, one can't get enough of it!

- You love the sauna
    - You get drunk beyond reason, no such thing as moderation when it comes to drinking
    - High standard of education
    - Finish winter war, beat the communists
    - Swedish-finish history, quite a bit to be said here, Russians came in 1918 I think it was and ruined it all, damn them
    - Love to hate us Swedes when we play eachother in (ice)hockey, or anything els sports related, but generally good relations
    - Had some brilliant car racers
    - Weird, weird language
    - Swedish is still taught in schools(weird imo)
    - Mumintrollen(no idea what you call it)
    - Finish stereotype about Swedish men is that we are all feminine and homosexual

Yeah thats some
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

15+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes work with a finnish woman. She's really cool, digs old-school rock and metal, and has a relaxed attitude towards alcohol. One of the things we've talked alot about is the differences between the finnish-finnish and the swedish-finnish areas, which i find very interesting. It's kind of like the flandern/france-division of Belgium.
    Edit: Oh, I almost forgot Tango!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Deleted
    High frequency of suicides, dark and cold place half of the year, has too small population for interesting tv shows and people don't get long prison sentences in finland.

10+ Year Old Account
    That they have awesome metal bands like Nightwish. Also that they kicked Russia in the ass even outnumbered in a war, I thought was pretty damn badass. Also that there are some really hot girls down there and it's apparently really cold too. I would really like to visit Finland one day.

Oh yeah also this guy from the Winter War, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4 << real life Rambo.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-11-26 at 04:46 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

they tame reindeer or something.

I know that Vodka Amundsen is distilled 6 times!
    You gave hell to Soviet Union in 1939-1940
    Nokia
    Cold

it's hot there?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard you drink a lot of coffee, that true?
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    I've heard you drink a lot of coffee, that true?
    They have the highest coffee consumption per capita, at 12 kg per person per year. That's 32 grams per day. The next closest is Norway at 9.9 kg/year.

In the US, our consumption is 4.2 kg per person per year, 25th place. Damn mormons bringing down our average...
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!