Windwalker PvE Two-hand VS duel wield.

Hi!

I have a question, which is the best Two-hand or duel wield annyone who has tried both out? and knows which one is the best.

Yesterday I changed to a Two-hand and I am doing 4k more dps.

my armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ts/Pofo/simple

weapon: the one that drops from spirit kings. polearm. and let me know if you notice something wrong with my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Higher dps weapon will result in higher dps, regardless of 2h or dual wield.

Pick higher dps one.
    Pretty much this. I've seen that Monks can use both without seeing any real drop in dps. I believe I've read that 2 one-handers see less than a 1% increase in dps. So it really comes down to a personal preference. I love the look of the two-handers, so that's what I generally stick with.

It doesn't matter; Blizzard stated they want you to choose based on your playstyle. Depending on what you have equipped you get a different buff in your spellbook equalizing both 2h & 1h1h but now only looking at the ilvl and stats of the two weapon sets you are comparing. Choose the one with the better stats.

And I believe the changes with the weapon enchantments will make the idea of (2 better than 1) obsolete, but i might be wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    It doesn't matter; Blizzard stated they want you to choose based on your playstyle. Depending on what you have equipped you get a different buff in your spellbook equalizing both 2h & 1h1h but now only looking at the ilvl and stats of the two weapon sets you are comparing. Choose the one with the better stats.

And I believe the changes with the weapon enchantments will make the idea of (2 better than 1) obsolete, but i might be wrong
    Pretty sure they said that with dual enchants, you will receive double the regular procs. But 2-handers outweigh 2x1-handers atm, stat-wise.

Ahem, been a while since I posted so Hi all.

first things first. as a general rule of thumb you will find that dual wield does approx 5% more dps then 2H.

that said, there's some caviates and nuances. this is assuming that all three items in question are the same ilevel and doesn't take into consideration enchants or the recent changes in enchant proc rates. If you have a situation where your dual wield weapons are of differing ilevels then your going to see that 5% go away. then there is the consideration of what all these enchanting costs are going to be. living steel is pricey in the best of situations tho serious raiders (and the wealthy) will spend.

then there's the question of the ACTUAL weapons we're ACTUALLY talking about. in current Teir progression there are 2 fist weapons and 1 staff and 1 spear. the staff is 3.3 the fists are all 2.6 and the spear is 3.6. depending on the raid quality(actual ilevel of the actual items) apples to oranges dual wield will have an advantage simply because of the superior options. the staff and the 2nd fist (both sha) drop in the last 2 raids. the fist is a natural upgrade, however the spear -> staff upgrade is not a dps based upgrade. its primarily a tanking (stat) upgrade, tho yes dps does increase.

so, as you can see the answer to your question is dual wield...usually. the 'weakness' of the DW build is $$ and ilevel disparity. otherwise, its superior, slightly. but each situation has its own nuances that must be appreciated with an understanding that 5%... really ain't all that much. in fact, compared to 'boss up-time' its not worth mentioning.

to help, here's a 2H -> 2H comparison and a DW -> DW comparison to illustrate.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...46;86879;86777

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...94;86864;86762

I'm not including pvp and ka'eng for obvious reasons.

ok, /end wall of text. nice seeing everyone in mmo-champ again, GL HF!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isollae View Post
    however the spear -> staff upgrade is not a dps based upgrade. its primarily a tanking (stat) upgrade, tho yes dps does increase.
    I'm not sure why you think that?

You see a gain of this:
    77 Agi
    116 Sta
    828 Expertise (2.44)
    282.2 Melee DPS

At the cost of:
    76 Mastery (0.13)
    580 Haste (1.36%)
    260 Melee Min Damage
    390 Melee Max Damage

Melee min and max damage don't matter for monks, because all of our attacks are weapon speed normalized.
    Mastery is our weakest stat, so trading that for basically more expertise is a big upgrade, assuming you can use all the expertise.
    More Agility and more weapon DPS is a huge upgrade and trumps everything else

That also assumes you don't put a Sha-touched Gem in it...