View Poll Results: Eliminate CRZ From PvE Realms?

Voters
317. This poll is closed
  • Yes

134 42.27%
  • No

183 57.73%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Shared resources without a shared economy causes economies on smaller pop servers to atrophy away. I don't mind people competing for minerals, herbs, rare drops etc. as long as I can compete with them in the AH. Current model doesn't let me do this.
    This. Very much this. I play on a relatively low-pop PvE server and I've never wanted more people around. I have all the people I want in my guild. That said, the CRZ idea is interesting, but so far it isn't solving the real problem - the sparsely populated Auction House.

Bring a half dozen realms together, but do it all the way - not just the players interacting in the environment, but the money and the market too.

*B*

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    To be honest, I think Blizzard could fix a lot of the problems if they did two small changes.

1) If you attack a quest mob, you get credit for the kill, no matter if it's tagged. The tech is already there, just use it more.
    2) Alter mining and herbalism so it's more like archaeology, in that each zone has nodes randomized only for you.
    No offense to you, but these are terrible solutions. This will render goods completely worthless as the entire competition will take place in the AH driving prices down into the dirt, especially on larger servers. Having everyone get credit for the kill of mobs means every gets access to loot from said mobs, and that is an inequity; if I'm farming and someone whom either thinks they are helping me or is specifically trying to hijack my drops throws a dot on everything then gets to roll on what drops, it's going to destroy the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ should be disabled till they can make it work properly. Right now it's rather annoying.

Zoning between zones often result in huge laggspikes, there really isn't that many more people in the zones (at the zone's lvl anyway, plenty of high lvl farmers). Hardly anyone will socialize anyway.
    There's an even greater competition for resources, rare mobs and loot-able objects. which would be fine if the auction house was also cross realm (not likely to happen though).

Cross-realm is a nice idea, but it needs improving for sure.

I love CRZ on PvE servers. You get to see more people out in the world, and it makes the game feel more popuated. It reminds me of back when I started playing in Vanilla, and you would see actual people.

Leveling in a deseted wasteland is not much fun...imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    While I voted "yes" - I don't believe it should just "go" as some players do actually like it.

I'm more for an "opt out" option, which - to me - is more of an "Opt in for just playing with my server community" option. :P
    I don't think they'd give an opt-out option because most people would, in fact, opt-out regardless of how they voted on this poll. Any time they needed to go do dailies, farm a rare, farm nodes/herbs/skins/Frostweave cloth, or anything else that is not advantageous to have competition to do, they'd opt-out and thus the entire system would disappear anyway for every purpose except world PvP (read "ganking"), so it really only makes sense to keep it going on PvP servers.

Nobody would willingly opt-in to CRZ for any practical reason, but they'll support it staying in the game just based on principle.

All I see is "I want nodes and spawns handed to me" and "There is lag from zone to zone"

A couple seconds of lag is worth expanding the population of the old world.
    The entitlement that some people feel towards nodes being something that blizzard should just hand them is amazing to me.

So many people hate playing an mmo with other people its almost amazing.

Deleted
    If you want a private game where no other people can interfear with your playing expirence by stealing your herbs, minerals or mob kills... Guess what? There are a big ass load of single player games on the market that will suit you down to the group. WoW is an MMO ....it always has been an MMO and there has always ALWAYS been compitetion for herb, minerals and mob kills. it is a fundimental part of the expirence and Blizz have done a good thing breathing some life back into the world zones that after so many expansion has become so vast the players have become not enough butter spread over to much bread.

If you dont like it, go play a signle player game.

The only thing wrong with CRZ are the people who constantly whine about it. I hear solitaire is a fun game so they should go play that.

Deleted
    Make it optional. Then we (and Blizzard) know how many people really want this crap.

I wouldn't give a crap about CRZ, ganking isn't that bad and questing with more ppl is sometimes fun...

But GIVE ME BACK MY FISHING TOURNAMENTS!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscadaver View Post
    WoW is an MMO ....it always has been an MMO and there has always ALWAYS been compitetion for herb, minerals and mob kills.
    WoW has always had auction houses as an additional means of competition. People make fortunes off them. They are an integral part of the economy linked directly with farming. Being able to farm all the resources via CRZ then return to your high pop server where there's healthy competition and a lot of buyers keeps economies strong, while the smaller pop servers in the same CRZ bracket are stuff with stuff that barely sells at low prices and few buyers at that. That's a primary complaint Blizzard is dancing around...

The lag is really what gets to me... honestly, blizzard had an entire beta to get this right, the fact that it's so sloppy just turns me off. I can safely say, especially with the Dailycraft and already snail-pace in Pandaria, that adding that zoning lag there would probably have me quitting the game outright.

No offense to you, but these are terrible solutions. This will render goods completely worthless as the entire competition will take place in the AH driving prices down into the dirt, especially on larger servers.
    And this is not happening now with Ghost Iron? I can sell a stack of Ghost Iron for like 10g on my server. The only items that have high worth are lower level ores, which are the type of ore that SHOULDN'T have a high cost, since it's the ore needed by lowbies and often takes more materials to level with (since low level recipes don't have the +3/+5/+8 type of bonuses that came with Cataclysm level crafts)

Having everyone get credit for the kill of mobs means every gets access to loot from said mobs, and that is an inequity; if I'm farming and someone whom either thinks they are helping me or is specifically trying to hijack my drops throws a dot on everything then gets to roll on what drops, it's going to destroy the game...
    The one that tagged the mob still gets the loot. Was that so hard? The one that came in afterwards only gets the quest item drops or kill credit. I see nothing wrong with that.

I would much rather have a warlock running around doting things while I get quick kill credits while leveling then worry about the 30 copper that low level bandit dropped.

WoW has always had auction houses as an additional means of competition. People make fortunes off them. They are an integral part of the economy linked directly with farming. Being able to farm all the resources via CRZ then return to your high pop server where there's healthy competition and a lot of buyers keeps economies strong, while the smaller pop servers in the same CRZ bracket are stuff with stuff that barely sells at low prices and few buyers at that. That's a primary complaint Blizzard is dancing around...
    For me, seeing others in a MMO >>>>>>>>>>>>>> stronger economy. I'd gladly give up stronger economies for being able to see/play with other people. Just my opinion.

Deleted
    That's only part of the issue.

*) Rare mobs from previous expansions should be phased personally, or not but then taggable.
    *) Tagging should be enabled, but if the player did little to no damage to a mob the chance for loot is decreased.
    *) Herb and mining nodes should be phased personally. Skinning isn't a big issue as there's far more resources for these.
    *) Being in pet battle should not allow others to PvP with you, ever.
    *) All PvP realms should merge to a "hybrid PvPE" realm meaning you can only attack people 2-3 levels above and under yours. People who prefer pure PvP (including haha so pro ganking etc) can reroll to a pure PvP realm.
    *) After a person used Dark Portal (or any other kind of portal): honorless debuff for 20 sec.
    *) People who are currently playing on low pop realms should have the option to transfer FROM these realms 24/7. When a realm reaches a certain threshold the realm is phased out and players are auto merged to one of the realms of their choice (forcefully and free). This allows the realms to be phased out easier.
    *) CRZ should be disabled, but x-realm playing can be manually enabled if players wish to play together via invite from realID/battletag. Basically, as it works in Pandaria.
    *) If CRZ is permanent and the above option does not exist, make CRZ and non-CRZ realms. Simple as the names imply.

The above fixes ganking, but allows world PvP. It gives fair resource/rare spawn to all players. It fixes the low pop realm problem. It allows players to play together.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2012-11-26 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscadaver View Post
    If you want a private game where no other people can interfear with your playing expirence by stealing your herbs, minerals or mob kills... Guess what? There are a big ass load of single player games on the market that will suit you down to the group. WoW is an MMO ....it always has been an MMO and there has always ALWAYS been compitetion for herb, minerals and mob kills. it is a fundimental part of the expirence and Blizz have done a good thing breathing some life back into the world zones that after so many expansion has become so vast the players have become not enough butter spread over to much bread.

If you dont like it, go play a signle player game.
    This is a terrible argument because if you were given the opportunity to opt out of CRZ when you needed to farm something then you would. And you know you would. Yes, WoW has always been an MMO in that you have to group with other players in order to complete the tougher challenges of the game. Node/herb/mob/rare competition are things that should be leading to World PvP, which is why my original point stands, that players on PvE servers should be allowed to opt out of CRZ.

Deleted
    CRZ is one of the more interesting things to happen to the game.

It's good for both pvp and pve, especially those levelling up but also or those trying to find raids both new and old. It's also a good tool for interacting with the community beyond the confines of your own realm and may even help you find a new one.

The only issue I can see is node sharing or at least in the old worlds. I think making the ah cross realm might go towards fixing the grief people are feeling at having "their" nodes "stolen" and actually lower prices.

I like seeing more people in the world on my pve server.. Also, I don't really see why there is uproar about herbs and nodes. It isn't as if anything on Pandaria is CRZ, so all you're looking at is maybe some competition leveling your gathering profs, which are already super easy to level anyway.

I don't mind CRZ at all (I'm on a PVE RP realm - medium pop) and I find it nice to see players in zones that are normally bare, I have even been stopped and asked questions, and ende dup chatting with these players and it's been great!

However the one issue I have with CRZ is that zoning from one zone to another now is bloody annoying! Dismounting passengers off flying mounts, a few secs lag when crossing. Seamless world my arse! lol.

But I know they are working on these issues, so as long as they get fixed eventually I have no qualms with CRZ at all. Brings the world a little bit of life again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I seriously hate CRZ and would want it gone from my realm.

inb4 "it's an MMO not a single player game"/"you just want no competition"/"there's people in the world!!!" crap. They're stupid arguments.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA