View Poll Results: Eliminate CRZ From PvE Realms?

Voters
317. This poll is closed
  • Yes

134 42.27%
  • No

183 57.73%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    World pvp was supposed to be a positive side effect, but it wasn't the goal. The goal is to make low level areas feel more alive by increasing the population, so you were no longer the one dude on your server questing in Ashenvale. That goal is just as relevant for pve and pvp realms.

Aside from some issues with things like rare spawns and gathering, I like cross realm. It's nice to see people out in the world, and not just another lonely single player game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than seeing a few alts, CRZ currently serves no purpose at all.

I tried inviting peeps but they instantly decline. Sure you'd have to share xp and loot.
    Nobody talks to eachother like in the old days, everyone just wants to get 90 asap anyway.

And then there are the economy problems for low pop realms... meeh.

Nice to see people out in the world(of warcraft).

But atm it feels like the game is designed to be like rush hour traffic, can't say I enjoy waiting for spawns and then fight for the tag. (pve server)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst flying from Zone to Zone the entire game jumps, which is very off-putting, and strange. I understand competition, but for Mining in Outland is annoyingly difficult (leveling Blacksmithing, been going about four hours to get from 300 to 330 so far to get the ore). It generally seems useless on a PVE Realm to me, apart from for dueling outside Stormwind/ Orgrimmar and completing World Events. An Opt-out option would be great, I enjoy my Realm's community, probably why I enjoy seeing people in Pandaria and SW.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

An opt-out feature. That is my desire for CRZ.

I would keep opted-out forever.

As much as I don't like the lag when changing zones, and the discontinuity of switching times of day, CRZ hasn't really affected my game play at all. If anything, I'd like to see them expand it to combine low pop servers to the point where they share an AH and can share guilds. A server merge without server deletion, so to speak. It would certainly help our ability to recruit for raiding and make the AH more reasonable.

CRZ is perfect for PvE realms. A bit of tweaking is still needed to promote working together but it's a step in the right direction.

PvP and low pop realms on the other hand it's absolutely horrible. The scum of the Earth seem to swarm to the former to get off on killing low level players.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

I tried inviting peeps but they instantly decline. Sure you'd have to share xp and loot.
    Nobody talks to eachother like in the old days, everyone just wants to get 90 asap anyway.
    I've had an opposite experience. Most people I talk to actually respond. Of course, I don't just blindly invite people....so that might be the difference. Blind invites are usually related to gold sellers. So I wouldn't blame anyone for declining.

And then there are the economy problems for low pop realms... meeh.
    There IS this. CRZ was a poor attempt at going back to the old days while completely ignoring how the community has involved over the past 8 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ isnt going anywhere and will be expanded in the future. If you dont like it, click the "cancel account" button inside your battle.net account page. Problem solved.

tbh i think they should go but only for high pop servers we dont need more ppl in them, hats all high pop realms regardless of realm type

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, I don't just blindly invite people....so that might be the difference. Blind invites are usually related to gold sellers.
    If you're both standing there waiting for a named quest mob to respawn there is no need to talk. In general I agree and I turn down blind invites as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    CRZ isnt going anywhere and will be expanded in the future. If you dont like it, click the "cancel account" button inside your battle.net account page. Problem solved.
    and what is CRZ bringing to a very high populated PVP server like mine? except ganking?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    AH in all major cities, bang 3-4 servers together.

Problem with wow is SW/org is 90% of the game, the rest of the world is 10%. That's why there's no forced CRZ in cities, only realid/tag friend groups. I mean you find more people in duskwood than you do in IF these days...

I have no idea if it would help at all, but in theory you'd spread the city load, and up the zone population. But mayab pandaland would be too stuffed..I dno

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I've had an opposite experience. Most people I talk to actually respond. Of course, I don't just blindly invite people....so that might be the difference. Blind invites are usually related to gold sellers. So I wouldn't blame anyone for declining.
    i have NEVER had a gold seller try to invite me to a grp

Deleted
    to be fair for PVE realms it doesn't add a lot so it wouldn't make a great deal of difference.

my biggest complaint with it is gathering profs, now blizz says the way it is now is the way it was intended fair enough I don't mind having competition for node, the biggest problem is for people like me who are from a really quiet server the competition is nearly always from other servers, so even if the competition gets too tough and you are getting no where trying to farm you can't even fall back on the AH as there is still nothing there.

CRZ is a good idea in theory but in practice it leads to small realms having all the problems of a large realm with none of the advantages, they need to combine a lot more than a few zone to make this system work.

If you're both standing there waiting for a named quest mob to respawn there is no need to talk. In general I agree and I turn down blind invites as well.
    Dunno, might just be me, but if we're both standing about waiting for mob to spawn, then I'd think it only polite to /w or /s and say "Hi, would you like to group up for this mob/quest?"
    Of course if someones already fighting and its almost dead then sending a quick invite out in hopes they accept I thinks fine.
    Dunno, but I just think throwing out invites without saying anything to them first, is plain rude.;/

10+ Year Old Account
    i have NEVER had a gold seller try to invite me to a grp
    Back in BC when my Draenei was little, there was a trend of random raid invited followed by goldseller spam. But they killed that method with the need to be lv. 10 to enter a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Ok then the next time you don't like the customer service at the gas station, walk to work.

Arguments like this are absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    World pvp was supposed to be a positive side effect, but it wasn't the goal. The goal is to make low level areas feel more alive by increasing the population, so you were no longer the one dude on your server questing in Ashenvale. That goal is just as relevant for pve and pvp realms.
    No it's not, the entire ruleset for the game is such that outside instanced content other players are competition and nothing more, group quests are all but gone and any reason to group with people went with them, nobody will talk to you whether they're on your server or not (Except to yell at you for taking the mob/node they wanted, fun!) so all you get for CRZ is people scurrying around in the distance, or alternatively getting in your way when you're trying to get things done.

If Blizz wants CRZ to actually add something to the game besides moving scenery and bugs, they will need to revise many of the rules of world PvE, and given Blizzard's trackrecord that might take quite a while...