Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Anyone else already got this feeling? Found out my father is getting my oldest a Kindle. Something about $129 for today only or some such. Also found out my mother is getting my oldest an electric scooter. So you know what immediately came to mind. Yep, my ten year old could be texting and driving for the holidays. Instead of visions of sugar plums, I'm seeing ER visits and casts in my heir's future.
    I thought this was going to be about "KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS!" facebook posts and people worried the world was gonna end.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    Man, all I got my kid for christmas was a professional easel (yes she's very artistic)
    I hear vaccinations cause that. I'm sorry.

can a kindle be used as a door stop or a paper weight, or a free weight like my copy of War and Peace?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Puzzles me why a 10-year old would need either of those. Maybe tell your folks to next time consult you on the gifts.
    Just kids these days. I frankly wonder why anyone under the age of like fucking 25 needs a smartphone, but kids in middle school and even elementary school have them now. I agree with the kid having some kind of cheapass phone restricted to be able to only call family and emergency numbers... but why in the shit do you need an iPhone?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I do love my books, but my books are mostly about politics (world's most boring 18-year old right here folks) so their covers are pretty dull to look at, plus they're kinda hard to hold in a bus (I like standing up in the bus) so I would probably prefer a Kindle just for the increased effectivity.
    I've got a leather cover for my Kindle which cost like $20, it's great.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Christmas is lame and it just pisses me off now.

My misses had trouble booking time off work for Christmas. She works for the government and her particular department has a lot of Muslims in it. Now, a fair few of them applied for time off over Christmas as well and got it granted, so now my misses can't get time off work for it.

Turns out it's no longer a religious holiday but a bank holiday... Told her she's booking time off at Eid whether she likes it or not, just to stick it to them lol.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 04:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I do love my books, but my books are mostly about politics (world's most boring 18-year old right here folks) so their covers are pretty dull to look at, plus they're kinda hard to hold in a bus (I like standing up in the bus) so I would probably prefer a Kindle just for the increased effectivity.
    I love my books to and I really don't like the idea of getting a Kindle because of it. I agree that it's really handy to have one, but I like a physical copy of a book. Plus I'm sure you understand if you read political books, some books are pretty obscure and aren't on Kindle. A lot of the stuff I read isn't available on Kindle either, so I figure I may as well just buy the books and keep doing it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    What happened to good old books?
    Print is dead.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect