Deleted

Mistweaver monk pvp

hey guys

what do u guys think about mistweaver monks (healer)

ive got one my self and i exp it as a realy fun and balanced healer compared to priests and paladin

the downside i find is the low dmg u do as a mistweaver monk like a paladin can spam his what ever its called and crit 30ks whit cooldowns on u

priests same thing

how do u guys exp monk pvp healers and what do u like and hate about them

Deleted
    I leveled my monk to 79 through pvp, i know hate playing mistweaver.

Deleted
    I'm speaking mainly from 2v2 experience (and little 3v3 experience), me being Frost DK and my arena partner being Resto Shaman.
    In my opinion, MW monks don't seem very good atm in arena. All the times that we were faced against a MW/whatever, I just focussed the MW until he died (which never took long). Sure, they can roll/chi torpedo away and use Transcendance and Paralysis, but that was all just postponing the inevitable: the monk couldn't heal enough. Another thing I noticed is that they can't really help their teammate like a druid can with Cyclone/Shaman hex (or wind shear even), Paladin repentance or stun (or HoF), except for Paralysis.
    Personal conclusion: MW monks mobility is very good, but utility and healing are lacking.
    Please note: I don't play a MW monk myself (I only have a 27 WW monk), so I don't know all of their spells.
    I'd like to hear other's people thoughts about this, as my friend is rolling MW and I'd like to know whether he is in a good spot or not (mainly for 2v2).

Deleted
    Currently "getting my ass handed" to me in 3's.
    If you want to sum it all up:
    - All your cc is melee range, so you have to be right between the enemies if you want to be able get that off.
    - You lack the heals to recover from some heavy blows, you do have surging mist, but it's a manadrain which you wouldn't wanna use to much
    - No matter how mobile you are, that doesn't provide much use for you since you won't heal or survive by just being mobile.
    They do have a few cool and nifty little cooldowns, but most teams will outdamage your healing efforts and you don't have the means to co-operate in big cc chains

In 2's I'm noticing a different story since there is less pressure.
    You can risk getting closer to the enemy team and throw around your cc, you do more dmg than one would expect from a healer which results in healing anyway through Eminence.

And for battlegrounds they can really shine, but that's another story...

I think a good MW is a great addition to a team.

Disable, Paralysis, Spear Hand Strike and Grapple Weapon. Great abilities if used well.
    Transcendance and Roll/Chi torpedo for movement is great.
    Leg Sweep is a great talent, so is Diffuse Magic.
    Dematerialize is also awesome.

I personally think the MW toolbox is great!

I'd say the skill cap is high though, so chances are you're not running into any good ones.
    I agree that the healing itself is what's the hardest to pull off, but using your abilities good gives you plenty of time to do so.

our pvp survivability is based on high mobility and dematerialize. it's effective, but our healing playstyle isn't. the spec was obviously designed with pvp as an afterthought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocHolmes View Post
    I'm speaking mainly from 2v2 experience (and little 3v3 experience), me being Frost DK and my arena partner being Resto Shaman.
    In my opinion, MW monks don't seem very good atm in arena. All the times that we were faced against a MW/whatever, I just focussed the MW until he died (which never took long). Sure, they can roll/chi torpedo away and use Transcendance and Paralysis, but that was all just postponing the inevitable: the monk couldn't heal enough. Another thing I noticed is that they can't really help their teammate like a druid can with Cyclone/Shaman hex (or wind shear even), Paladin repentance or stun (or HoF), except for Paralysis.
    Personal conclusion: MW monks mobility is very good, but utility and healing are lacking.
    Please note: I don't play a MW monk myself (I only have a 27 WW monk), so I don't know all of their spells.
    I'd like to hear other's people thoughts about this, as my friend is rolling MW and I'd like to know whether he is in a good spot or not (mainly for 2v2).

hey tnx for ur reply well im exp it a little difrend after i readed this ive been doing some wargames 3v3 and 2v2 and against 1900 players so they know what they doing im not full pvp geared and so are my team mates im rolling whit a lock and DK

the 3v3 was to damn easy to do realy we had a priest war mage against us should of have frapsed it

2v2 whit a frost dk in combo is so easy frost dk doesnt take much magical dmg and im just trying ot cc the healer or cloth against us

and btw for the ones that say we dont have quick big heals for less mana roll chi wave and if u got anough sp and pvp power it will tick about 55k to 70k a tick that 4 times is amazing realy not sure how u guys exp this but i see some monk rolling zen sphere im like why it heals for serious noting compared to the dmg that comes in and the dmg u do is lacky aswell

and i do agree on other treads about monk in general there is still a lack off skill in this i think players that have always been healer in pvp or have some skill in them they can pretty much see them as a nice class which needs tweaking

Cool thread. I concur with the assessment that MW monks are great in battlegrounds (I find that I win in PuGs much more often than I do with my geared lock - healers have more of an overall influence on pug bgs than dps in my experience)... but arena? Even in 5s any team worth anything will FF the monk and I'd expect to spend most of my arena time dead. Druids and Pallys are clearly PvP tested and spec'd... MW monks? I'm not even sure they can be fixed with how the class was designed.

One the one side mw monk is fine on the other horrible.
    We have very, very good bursting heal, we are able to heal a lot without the need to cast and the pvp set bonus is great also.
    Our mobility is awesome. We can roll us out of range and bring us to a save spot. If i don't get "one shotted" i never die.
    We can assist the dd with damage and cc.
    All in all is that fine but what makes us weak? The main problem for myself is my mana. Against a good damaging team I'm oom in less than a minute.
    We have to go out to assist with cc or damage so we are reachable for enemy cc.

To stay hidden we have too less utility comparing with other healers. To be active like a melee we can't avoid cc's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it in rbgs not as much in arena

i've only played up to 1500 rating, and can't seem to push that limit. i'm playing with an enhancement shaman, doesn't rly know if the problem is mistweaver or enhancement atm, but usually this happens 1. we meet 2 dps and they blow him up in a few globals and then i can hold them off for like half a minute before they kill me 2. we meet any dps and healer combo and they CC me until my mate is dead. and then most of the time i can outlast them until it's a draw and they give me the finger, wich is kinda fun, but time consuming like hell :P 3. we meet healer+dps and they try to kill me while my shaman kills one of them, and we win. that gives us about 33.333333% chance of winning, wich is kinda boring. any tips?
    Last edited by dar0; 2012-11-27 at 04:01 PM.