Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Botting is legal now?

Everyone and his little sister is botting in BG's at the moment.

I don't know what is blizzard doing about this , like seriously if you queue for a BG at night , You maybe the only player in both sides. It has been like this for like a year now. Is blizzard even trying to fix it or Will i get another " If anyone sees another player suspected of botting, simply use the report feature available in-game " reply & might aswell get forum ban for posting this.

Check out this video it made my day. People are selling Bots right now in game in trade chat.
    In AV 3 players 37 bots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyRN7vcpnJ4

Original post : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5966308449 , please report this post so maybe someone from blizzard will read it.

Deleted
    It was never illegal in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Activision - Blizzard wants their numbers to be as pretty as possible for investors, and the players are to suffer as a result. The subscription revenue from the botter accounts is well worth the imbalance of in-game economy, and overall player morale.

I do believe they will ban the botters but they do it in such a way that it comes in waves. It's safe to bot (for now) being so close to the release of MoP, but I feel a wave will hit up soon. After the wave and the bots get updated it will be safe to bot once again for a couple months +
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legality has nothing to do with it.

It was and still is against the ToS.

Nothing will change, banwaves in WoW are a myth. If you want a botter banned you have to report them yourself.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Could almost call it legal when all you get is a slap on the wrist if caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    I think Activision - Blizzard wants their numbers to be as pretty as possible for investors, and the players are to suffer as a result. The subscription revenue from the botter accounts is well worth the imbalance of in-game economy, and overall player morale.

I do believe they will ban the botters but they do it in such a way that it comes in waves. It's safe to bot (for now) being so close to the release of MoP, but I feel a wave will hit up soon. After the wave and the bots get updated it will be safe to bot once again for a couple months +
    I hate to say this but i think the same way as you , I have seen people botting for a loooong time & no bans going out whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want something done you have to do it yourself. Report anyone you believe is a bot, but remember they don't ban instantly. They gather up a lot and ban in waves. Also for everyone that write that some bot has been there for ages, first of all is it really the same player or has that player been banned and then the name got freed up for another bot (or the same who knows)? Secondly did you even report said bot so he gets investigated to begin with or you just crying about bots but doing nothing about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Legality has nothing to do with it.

It was and still is against the ToS.

Nothing will change, banwaves in WoW are a myth. If you want a botter banned you have to report them yourself.
    And at best he'll get a 3hour ban. Lost count on how many I have reported giving all the info they should need over the years. Pretty much nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    And at best he'll get a 3hour ban. Lost count on how many I have reported giving all the info they should need over the years. Pretty much nothing happens.
    This is exactly what is going on with me

10+ Year Old Account
    My buddy botted for over a year. When he was ultimately banned it was for "Economy Exploitation" IE having too many items on the AH. He got the account back also and still bots to this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's never been and still is not allowed by Blizzard, so no.

It was and will never be illegal, and no blizzard have not done much about it besides PR and damage control as usual.

There is probably a huge banwave coming up though, so I wouldn't cave in to botting BGs.

I've been reporting the same bot since the end of WoTLK and nothing has happened to him. I have reported him at least 20-25 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incentives are at an all time high right now to bot, seeing others doing it and not getting caught, and a whole brand new account for $35 USD levelled to 90 farming shit for you? EZ mode..

Worth it in my eyes when you take into consideration the value of your time / money / gold...
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone cite a recent banwave in WoW?

I stand by my statement, banwaves are a myth. The only banwave in recent years was in D3 because it was cutting into their RMAH profits by inflating the economy.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

well you guys complain instead of giving a decent solution for it, it isn't easy to stop bots, in every damn game there are bots
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Another problem I see is when you do ban, nothing happens. Well when nothing happens, people will not even see the point in reporting, thus bots will roam free. I have not seen many bots personally, but I play normally in peak hours, so bots are quiet then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Booters are a buch of lazy good for nothing cheating w*****s, and if anyone reading this bots F*** Y** and f*** your family too. t***s.

What happened to the alleged warden software from blizz anyhow?
    Last edited by Khraine; 2012-11-26 at 06:02 PM.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

even if you get a permaban it's supereasy to get out of it, just play clueless and pretend you're just terribad at the game when talking to a gm. if it's a gathering bot you can just claim you always do the same route while watching movies or whatnot, most permabans get turned into 72hours or lifted completely like that.

Remove "Click to move" and you can see all of them dying miserably :>

Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    Booters are a buch of lazy good for nothing cheating w*****s, and if anyone reading this bots F*** Y** and f*** your family too. t***s.
    I have one and use it to fish when I am watching a series online or so (30k legal casts).
    All the other forms impact other players tho, so I'm actually against the rest!
    Why the massive hate tho? You don't see me screwing up your gameplay.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2012-11-26 at 06:05 PM.