Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The gear discrepancy is fucking retarded. A fresh 90 with a full set of the craftable gear will constantly get 100-0 in under 3 seconds by full dreadful geared players with a pvp weapon of basically any class.
    This isn't true.

Edit - plus the weapon only grants pvp power, so will only affect the survival of healers or maybe hybrids.
    Last edited by NPSlow; 2012-11-27 at 04:30 AM.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by fables429 View Post
    Arena is fun, but getting barely beat by people in full malevolent with t2 weapons is BULLSHIT. I am sorry that you pansies are afraid of a even playing field, haha quite funny actually.
    heres a tip, they arnt beating you because of t2 gear. You're being outplayed due to being fucking useless at the game.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

AFK in bg's for a week until you get enough wins for the 1800 cap of CQP. Grab whatever Dreadful gear you can, repeat for a few weeks until full dreadful.. Form a 2s team at some point for point caps easier.

I fully support OP, defending bad design with a statements like "it's been like this since..." or "play more get an edge" is unbefitting competitive setting. But honestly i don't expect anything to change so i stoped carying about ranks, raitings or balance. Imo pvp wise it's better to spend your time on DoTA2 or GW2 becouse in WoW pvp's in complete dogshit state and all this boting/wintraiding/mmr abusing is a side effect of Blizz being completly terrible in improving/supporting PvP. No serious organizations support WoW becouse it's a wash - unwatchable, unbalanced and participation on a serious lvl is miles behind MOBA game (as well as prize sums), that many times less ppls are playing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    heres a tip, they arnt beating you because of t2 gear. You're being outplayed due to being fucking useless at the game.
    Your brains are fucking useless if you don't realise that on equal skill lvl it's gear what makes of breaks a game. Here's a tip - spend some free time working on your brains instead of fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    I've been able to gear up two level 90s so far within a couple of days of hitting 90s and be competitive. WoW pvp does require time + skill + gear but that's not a horrible thing.
    I'm sure you have geared up toons in full dreadful in that time but full dreadful vs full Malevolent is like heroic blues vs full raid gear the difference is massive. Letting people upgrade their Malevolent another 8 ilvls will make this even worse and if you don't have the gear now you won't catch up to that until next season.

There's to big of jumps in pve and pvp this gear upgrade will make things worse
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-11-27 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I'm sure you have geared up toons in full dreadful in that time but full dreadful vs full Malevolent is like heroic blues vs full raid gear the difference is massive. Letting people upgrade their Malevolent another 8 ilvls will make this even worse and if you don't have the gear now you won't catch up to that until next season.

There's to big of jumps in pve and pvp this gear upgrade will make things worse
    Thing is that now we'll be able to be competitive with Malevolent in honor gear - extra 16 ilvls on fresh player blues will help (at least till everybody and their mom add 8 ilvls to malevolent). The only problem is about extra 30K honor newcommers will need to upgrade their honor set, so honor grind went up from mandatory 25K to 55K. The morale is: kids start buying your bots if you value your time even tiny bit. Honestly i think problem will solve itself when BGs will turn into 10 bots vs 10 bots setting and few months later Blizz will integrate it as UI feature muahaha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    There needs to be a blue weapon with some pvp power on it. The t1 weapon is such a MASSIVE upgrade for some many classes, especially melee. If you are starting late and dont feel like raiding or even grinding heroics for a 463 blue then you get stuck with a 450 blue for weeks while everyone else has at least a t1 and can be doing 50+% more damage than you purely from the weapon.

The dreadful vs. malevolent difference is doable, but the weapon is too much. You literally cant do arenas at any decent rating without a t1 weapon and expect to kill things.
    There used to be blue pvp weapons in late beta but they did not make it into the release, going by that i'm guessing blizzard have no intention to do that which is a bit sad.

I hadn't realized this was the state of PvP coming back after a over a year hiatus. I was hoping Blizzard would have learned some lessons, but apparently they have not. I will play out the new content and PvE. But I expect some point I'll go back to GW2 for my PvP. The good news is GW2 is out and is pretty damn good for PvP. Hopefully Blizzard will listen to the community, but at least there is another option.

What boggles my mind are the people that defend the current model. While I'm happy you get your jollies pwning lesser geared players, if you took a step back you'd see it's bad for the game overall. There is not eve a hint of "fun" factor of that initial gear grind--contrary to how you try to compare the model to PvE progression. The PvE model does not require new players to non-stop die for weeks to get to fun. Instead they do progression of dungeons/heroics/LFR--and those experiences while perhaps somewhat repetitive can be fun, since you can be successful in running the lower tier content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item upgrade will close the gap a little bit imo. You'll be able to farm 464 honor gear. While getting upgraded mavelont gear will take months.

What blizz could do is make pvp gear cheaper and more frequent on BMAH later into a season. Instead of 20k, bids can start from 10k or 15k. And there could be at least 2-3 items for each spec every week.

Although I don't play WoW anymore - I haven't even tried Pandaria - I find myself agreeing partially with the OP. I think it's an obvious problem that fresh maxlevels have to endure X weeks of being brutally massacred in BGs (and arenas, I suppose) because Blizzard decided to gate the PvP gear off with a weekly points cap. It sort of makes sense for characters who start a PvP season ready to go, but it's silly to put players in a position where they have to endure weeks of being a free kill if they join a season late, and that's not even taking into account the effect - both social and result-oriented - that being undergeared can have on a team in a BG.

WoW is a game entirely focused on gear and the stats attached to that gear. That's the end-all, be-all of WoW. Numbers. Unfortunately those numbers have a tendency of getting in the way of fun, and Blizzard has painted their way into a corner with the insane ilevel inflation they push every patch.

Deleted
    I actually found it to be better than most other expansions with the addition of all those ilvl 450 BoE weps.

Most people bot bgs because of this gear discrepancy. Removing the gear grind will not only equalize the playing field but reduce botting.

People arguing against this need to gtfo to pve if they want gear grinding.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Conquest point upgrade are comming out along with honor point upgrades which will make it even worse than it is now

Totally agree with the OP - I'm currently playing 2s with a friend who could only buy MoP 7days ago. We've played arenas together +2.2k for years, yet the gear difference is so ridiculous we're just about managing 50-50 w/l at 1400mmr. Even in the games we win, his rshaman is so undergeared (30% less power and 10% less resil than me) he's been blown up by truly awful double dps teams and we have to 1v2 - skill just doesn't come into his survival. We'd do the 'more balanced' 3s but nobody wants him and getting an RBG invite is impossible even in trade pugs. No wonder PVP participation is low if this is the crap that people fresh to PVP have to go through.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    The rich get richer mentality is bullshit. Skill is important, gear is bullshit.

T2 weapons should only be a cosmetic upgrade.

Conquest gear takes forever to get.

Arena is fun, but getting barely beat by people in full malevolent with t2 weapons is BULLSHIT. I am sorry that you pansies are afraid of a even playing field, haha quite funny actually.
    Oh so thats why the good players are actually in 2K ratings with their alts in blues. Cause the gear is everything. Hate to break it to you, but you're not getting your ass whooped because of the gear disparity.

Deleted
    Fresh 90 VS 90 with T1 pvp weapon. The T1 90 practically negates ALL the other dudes native res.

Deleted
    You are obviously mad because you weren't present when people started gearing out early.

Starting out mid-season, or late-season, SHOULD be a punishment. You come late to the party, you have to make up for lost time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    You are obviously mad because you weren't present when people started gearing out early.

Starting out mid-season, or late-season, SHOULD be a punishment. You come late to the party, you have to make up for lost time.
    That, or gear should not be at all a part of a ranked PVP aspect of a game :x

It's absurd that it is, and is defended. That's absolutely, like a guy said, a rich get richer design. What the hell kind of system rewards people who effectively kill people well with things to kill people EVEN more effectively, while the people who aren't as good at killing people get punished by having weaker things to kill people with?

No other type of game on the planet does this but MMOs, and it's stupid. VERY stupid, and I imagine not too many MMOs in the future are even going to bother doing it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post

Why should you have an advantage because you played longer? If you are the better player you should win anyways, and well if your not you don't deserve to come out on top anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Fresh 90 VS 90 with T1 pvp weapon. The T1 90 practically negates ALL the other dudes native res.
    in order to negate 40% resil you need 66.67% pvp power.

Next week you'll be able to farm 464 honor gear.