Deleted

Transferring server. Copy addon settings to new char?

Like the title says, I'm about to transfer server. I've been configurating my addons for hours and I finally found a set up i really like. Obviously, I would not want to start over again on a new character with the addons. Some of the addons have "profiles" options, which allows me to just copy it over, but some of them don't. Is it possible to simply Copy Paste the settings into the new characters settings, somehow? Im guessing WTF folder is involved.

(Also note; My character wont have the same name on the new server. Will this be a problem with the settings?)

Thanks

Go into your World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\REALM NAME\CHARACTER NAME\SavedVariables folder

Copy and paste the lua files into the same folder for your new character on the new realm.

You should only have to do this with a few underdeveloped addons (I could be wrong). Most addons will keep the settings across servers (I think)

Deleted
    Character specific settings for non-profile addons are in World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account>\<realm>\<character>. Copy only the "SavedVariables" folder if you want just addon settings, or copy the rest for bindings etc.

Deleted
    Will I have to save the settings before I transfer? Will the old folder with my settings dissapear when I transferred? Or can I simply drag and drop when it have been transferred?

If you want to test, make a new character on that realm. Make a copy of your current character's folder in the /wtf/ folder. Copy it to the 'new' realm and rename it from your main's name, to your temporary/new character's name and log in. If everything looks good, you can delete that character, and rename it to your main's name, and transfer!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post
    Will I have to save the settings before I transfer? Will the old folder with my settings dissapear when I transferred? Or can I simply drag and drop when it have been transferred?
    I'm not sure about that one. Technically, the client shouldn't be aware that your new character is "the same" since, unlike renames/faction transfers, a realm transfer occurs out-of-game. Practically, if you want to be on the safe side, you should just make a backup of your entire WTF folder before you transfer. In fact, it is a good idea to make a backup of your Interface + WTF folder at least once a week regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post
    No, they won't disappear. I migrated a few times and everytime I forgot about this, too.

However, make sure you save your profiles, too. Copying and pasting like that may still fuck some addons over (elvui, I'm looking at you). All in all if you copy folders and have your profiles saved, your addons should be ready to go in 10 minutes max.

Edit: note that you can find back all your settings and macros you may have "lost" by creating a character of the same name on your old realm.

Deleted
    Ok. So I made a character on the server I'm about to transfer to with the name I intend to use when I transfer my main. I copied all the files from my World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account>\<realm>\<character> from my current character and copied it into the new one. Most of the addons seem to have copied over, but some things like the color on Recount and positioning of CombustionHelper did not transfer over. This is ofcourse not a big problem, all the major addon options are all right. What concerns me is that since not all options got copied over, is there a chance that some of the files can be corrupted, resulting in problems in the future, since the new character dont have the same name as the original?

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 10:26 PM ----------

If I wish to reset all my options for the new character, transfer over the options that can be copied using "Profiles" in the specific addon, and configurating the rest which doesent from scratch, do I simply delete the new characters WTF folder? Is that how you "reset" the options?

Thanks for all the help!

Deleted
    Any non-profile addons should generally be reset by deleting the character specific folder, yes.