Deleted

Switching factions, and bringing all my gold with me ?

Hi there,

I've been wanting to switch from Horde to Alliance for quite a while now, but I've always been discouraged to do it because of the gold cap. I've heard many stories about people finding curious yet smart ways to transfer all their gold to the other faction without losing anything, or even making a little bit of profit.

I'd like to ask you guys for advices, because I'm frankly not sure what the best way to do this is.

halp !

Assets: mounts, pets, transmog gear, epix, is the best way to move a lot of cash through currency caps. Just make sure you scout the market on the other side.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...r-transfer-faq

You can find the specific details here. The most gold you can take with you is 50K. Enjoy!

EDIT: The easiest way to move gold is an exchange. Find someone on the other faction that has just as much looking to do a faction swap. Then you give them your gold and you get theirs without losing a dime
    Last edited by BeastmasterofBladesEdge; 2012-11-26 at 09:52 PM.
    SHIFT HAPPENS. THEN BLOODSHED. TRUE STORY.

Actually, a lot of people I've known have taken a LOT of Gold with them when they transfer.

Fortune Cards - Can be instantly traded for 5k gold, and if your servers at all busy you might be able to buy quite a few from people in trade with a small markup.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=60844
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same server?

Just post something useless on the neutral AH for an absurd amount of gold and buy it on one of your Horde characters.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Same server?

Just post something useless on the neutral AH for an absurd amount of gold and buy it on one of your Horde characters.
    You can't buy your own auctions so he'd need a trustworthy horde friend or 2nd account

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Same server?

I don't think you can win auctions with your own characters anymore, you'd have to get a friend that you trust to buy the auction and give them the money first.

As another point.. the pet trade has gone a bit crazy now, IF pets are selling on the other faction, buy them out on Ali side, then cage and sell them on the Horde side, or on any other server you want money.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't think you can win auctions with your own characters anymore, you'd have to get a friend that you trust to buy the auction and give them the money first.
    Ahhh, I was not aware of this. Thanks for clearing that up.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Check the AH where your transferring to, check what sells the most on their server v whats cheapest to buy, thats what my old guild when they migrated server and stocked up on primordial saronites, then titan steel,

Sold them for double the amount,

Made back their guild bank gold, as well as more
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Wait are you just faction changing or also server transfering

Deleted
    Put something ridiculous on a level 1 on the neutral auction house with a friend's account and buy it on your main account.
    Or make a guild, level it to level 2, put your gold in the gbank and you can now transfer it with a maximum of 999,999 gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adàm22 View Post
    Wait are you just faction changing or also server transfering
    Only faction changing.

I've been considering doing the neutral AH thingy, since I have a friend with a character playing Alliance, but the thing is, you lose quite a bit of money. I can't exactly remember, but I believe those blasted gobelins take a good 15% fee from the sales you do, which is quite a loss.

Or make a guild, level it to level 2, put your gold in the gbank and you can now transfer it with a maximum of 999,999 gold.
    That's actually quite brilliant. But I'd have to pay for the guild + character transfer, right ?
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-11-26 at 11:12 PM.