View Poll Results: Are you happy with the current state of PvP?

Voters
34. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I love it - It's perfect

3 8.82%
  • No, its a shit show and a CF

23 67.65%
  • Aint nobody got time fo dat - I dont PvP

3 8.82%
  • God Damn It

20 58.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Are you happy/content/satisfied with the current state of PvP?

Since they implemented the class changes prior to MoP releasing, PvP has been a shit show. Blizz says they want to see skillful players, but where is the skill in getting bursted down in less than 3 seconds? This has been happening since September and its no better than it was., the only difference is that instead of healers having a chance, we (primarily Disc) are useless. (useless is a gross exaggeration but still gets the point across) How much more time are they going to waste? There is no balance, warriors are not fixed, hunters still OP. I bet that if they took a poll, 70% of the PvP'ers would be dis-satisfied with it. Vote up top, are you happy with the current state of PvP? Your thoughts?

Deleted
    It's terrible. Warrior, Mage, Demo damage is out of control, actually almost every class can KO you within a couple of seconds if they use their CDs. Amount of CC, instant CC especially is plain ridiculous and same goes for the new dispel mechanic.

Deleted
    Rogues are terrible and they are nerfing hybrid healing even though ret healing is weak already and healing was a part of the spec.

Those are my two fav classes.

I don't mind the excessive CC etc as long as they add more ways to react to it. But I doubt that they will because Blizz seem to want the game to be easy to learn (but difficult to master?).

They are too slow to fix things because PVP obviously isn't a priority for them.

So no, I'm not happy. But it might be a bit more balanced in a few months. I just don't see why we should have to wait.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2012-11-26 at 11:46 PM.

I dont see why they should have to balance anything in this game just for the sake of pvp. Leave it alone as long as all classes are viable for their pve roles. Pve was allways an afterthought for this game and it should be treated as such.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

wtb decent poll options

CC is my main problem right now. With the amount of it every spec has, a PvP medallion feels too weak and DR seems to reset too fast. Most CCs are very hard to avoid and harder to get out of. Dispels on a cooldown was a terrible move, fear needs a lower break threshold, and blood fear needs to disappear entirely. I wish there were more casted CCs as opposed to instant with a cooldown, but really it wouldn't be too bad if some dispels were available.

The game feels a little weird, too. All that matters is mitigating the unhealable damage from stacked offensive cooldowns. I feel like the game needs quite a bit less reliance on damage cooldowns. There's just too much non-action between burst phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    I dont see why they should have to balance anything in this game just for the sake of pvp. Leave it alone as long as all classes are viable for their pve roles. Pve was allways an afterthought for this game and it should be treated as such.
    I love hearing this in every other PvP-related thread. Can you guys maybe just skip this comment if the thread is under the PvP forum?

• There are a lot of ways to balance PvP while leaving PvE largely unaffected. See upcoming enfeeblement aura, deep freeze, psyfiend, gag order and avatar changes for examples. In fact, look up the 5.1 patch notes and find one thing on there that's going to adjust PvE balance such that you will be less likely to clear content than any other group/guild. Changes like that don't happen ever. Endgame PvE is largescale group play and even adjustments that affect more PvE-relevant areas (like throughput) affect most groups equally.
    • Unless you actually mean to say that since you don't PvP, that area of the game isn't worth developer time. I which case my response is that you're a reprehensible person, and furthermore:
    • I guess this game should be tailored to suit the actual majority of players, then. That likely means nothing difficult is worth designing and a larger focus on quests and faceroll loot pinata replicas of real content.

pop every single cd in first 10 secs of arena, if u don't win then wait for CDs and try again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Blizz says they want to see skillful players
    what they were saying is: Warrior rep is at 20% THATS TOO DAM LOW!!!!!

I heard warriors were not top of the foodchain during a season or 2 in cata...wish I could have been there to see that. A historic moment and I missed it...

Deleted
    Quit PvP altogether because of its despicable state and even more worrying is that the devs think this is good for the game, huge burst vs shit steady damage and retarded amounts of CC. It's the worst PvP I've seen since S5 and I'm playing feral druid or was now that I've stopped. PvP is just so mind-numbingly boring to me now.

Doing fine one-shotting people as demono with the retard train of mage/warrior/hunt/ret/feral, but deep inside me all I want is to play affliction pvp

So, having fun, but this wont last

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post

I love hearing this in every other PvP-related thread. Can you guys maybe just skip this comment if the thread is under the PvP forum?

• There are a lot of ways to balance PvP while leaving PvE largely unaffected. See upcoming enfeeblement aura, deep freeze, psyfiend, gag order and avatar changes for examples. In fact, look up the 5.1 patch notes and find one thing on there that's going to adjust PvE balance such that you will be less likely to clear content than any other group/guild. Changes like that don't happen ever. Endgame PvE is largescale group play and even adjustments that affect more PvE-relevant areas (like throughput) affect most groups equally.
    • Unless you actually mean to say that since you don't PvP, that area of the game isn't worth developer time. I which case my response is that you're a reprehensible person, and furthermore:
    • I guess this game should be tailored to suit the actual majority of players, then. That likely means nothing difficult is worth designing and a larger focus on quests and faceroll loot pinata replicas of real content.
    Well said sir...well said.