Absorbs priority? (Illuminated healing/aegis/PWS)

Hey all

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.

Which absorb gets priority on incoming damage? Aegis/PWS or Illuminated healing. Also, because IH is a huge part of Holy Paladin healing, would having a Disc priest (10man) pretty much negate the palys heals? (Paly heals are expensive to put those shields up) or are they good healers to pair up.

cheers.

My understanding is the system is intelligent in the following way: it will use up the absorb that has the least duration remaining. Since IH has a pretty short duration, it should generally get eaten first.

I couldn't tell you if the pair is good though. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Deleted
    last time i checked (start of cata / end of wotlk) it used to be the most recent shield was used first. It was a completely stupid system and I believe it was brought to light around the time of val'anyr. I have no idea if it has changed since.

Simple testing reveals:

Divine Aegis is always eaten before Power Word: Shield
    Spirit Shell is always eaten before Divine Aegis.

This is regardless of time remaining or order of casting.

I have not tested how this works with multiple healers, nor have I tested other absorbs.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]