Thread: XP too low

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb XP too low

I'm currently lvling my third alt lvl 89 warrior to 90 i cant tell you how much it sucks doing the same qeasts over 3 times i really want more dungon xp.

so i can get about 3 to 4 bars of xp from 1 random. I don't want to lvl any more alts by Qeasting. id rather just rush with dungons. Its torture
    the third time.
    Last edited by fireywrath; 2012-11-26 at 06:38 PM.

Not sure if you were looking for alternatives or just felt like sharing
    SHIFT HAPPENS. THEN BLOODSHED. TRUE STORY.

felt like sharing wondering how many feel the same way maby blizz well see it.

Well, there is a reason I have 1 main and 1 alt. Blizz doesn't really care about how "rough" it might be for alts. They think "Hmm, Someone has 20 alts and will need 3 weeks per alt to grind rep. That's a 1 year subscription. Yay, more money!". Trust me, it MIGHT get easier in 5.2 when alts might get a flying tome and tabards. Sorry dude I know it is not the answer anyone is hoping for. Just going from past Blizz experience.
    SHIFT HAPPENS. THEN BLOODSHED. TRUE STORY.

Run the dungeons faster- then you get faster xp

Deleted
    They'll make sure that when you're done, to make BoAs last until 90.

Quote Originally Posted by fireywrath View Post
    I'm currently lvling my third alt lvl 89 warrior to 90 i cant tell you how much it sucks doing the same qeasts over 3 times i really want more dungon xp.

so i can get about 3 to 4 bars of xp from 1 random. I don't want to lvl any more alts by Qeasting. id rather just rush with dungons. Its torture
    the third time.
    Protip , never level an alt without rested exp. I started leveling a mage and I am half way through 87 and not even out of Jade Forest yet.

Blizz doesn't even look at this page...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Protip , never level an alt without rested exp. I started leveling a mage and I am half way through 87 and not even out of Jade Forest yet.
    This, my paladin is near 88 and in jade forest

Deleted
    Done 9, working on a 4th....it's not even remotely long to level in Pandaria. 85-90 feels like it takes no time at all....to me at least. Yes, doing it for the 3rd time in <1 month was a bit of a chore, but the actual time to complete 1 isn't bad at all.

As for dungeons, they are only good for the 1st time when you can grab the quest.s After that, the quickest way will always be to quest. And once you hit Townlong and/or The Dread Wastes, it's 250k xp per hand in with guild perks

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Also...this is a fantastic bit of advice

Out of curiosity why should levelling an alt be any easier than the main *on top* of you having knowledge of quest lines and the geography?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It's a lot faster the second and third time.

Sad to say I am 4 @ 90! I wish it was more like BC with 2 ending zones, the 89-90 in DW is getting old, but hey that's what you get when you level 4 toons in 2 months. I think I will have to take a break once I get my rogue to 600 engineering (last prof to 600)
    "Peace is a lie"

I think it feels bad at 85+, because the XP required to get past the earlier levels is way too low. Too many nerfs to the XP of old expansions has made levelling too fast. I out level a zone before I can get properly into it. I also want to be able to do the dungeons as I level once each, without feeling it has made me too strong to do the quests.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I wish it was more like BC with 2 ending zones,
    I agree with this. MoP feels too linear / mandatory. I want more zone choice when levelling.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2012-11-26 at 07:16 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I think it feels bad at 85+, because the XP required to get past the earlier levels is way too low. Too many nerfs to the XP of old expansions has made levelling too fast. I out level a zone before I can get properly into it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 07:15 PM ----------

I agree with this. MoP feels too linear / mandatory. I want more zone choice when levelling.
    I would rather have these awesome zones instead of the half assed bc zones. But that's just me.

It's fine. Try doing the exact same things for 80 straight lvls in GW2 and then report to us about how terrible XP is in wow.

I'm going to let you in on a secret. This isn't an official Blizzard forum. And what exactly did you expect? It's like this with every new expansion. They nerf the amount of exp needed for all previous content and then it all slows to a near stop in the current content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterofBladesEdge View Post
    Well, there is a reason I have 1 main and 1 alt. Blizz doesn't really care about how "rough" it might be for alts. They think "Hmm, Someone has 20 alts and will need 3 weeks per alt to grind rep. That's a 1 year subscription. Yay, more money!". Trust me, it MIGHT get easier in 5.2 when alts might get a flying tome and tabards. Sorry dude I know it is not the answer anyone is hoping for. Just going from past Blizz experience.
    Who needs 20 alts to be honest? Or all reputations grinded for all of them for that matter? I don't get it.

Even 5 is enough for me... of course I understand if someone actually wants to level every class to 90, I get it, but even then you shouldn't need more than 11 characters and I don't think you'd need the reputations either.
    Last edited by mmocf51f9d58e4; 2012-11-26 at 07:26 PM.

All the heirlooms should just be patched to go to 90 imo. Really no solid reason not to.

Deleted
    Or try this....

Jade Forest > Krasarang Wilds > Townlong Steppes on 1 toon

Jade Forest > Valley of the Four Winds > Dread Wastes on next 1

Both route have enough quests / xp in them to get you to 90 easy. Especially rested