Looking for some eyefinity Users. Having some issues with WoW and FPS

So I've been Searching for quite some time now around the forums, internet, and troubleshooting; this is my last hope. Where to begin, I've played WoW for quite some time now since 2005 to be exact. I've been running in Eyefinity for a Year now and lately im losing hope because I keep noticing FPS Drops in my game. Well first let me post my computer Specs.

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 4 GHZ
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB x 2 (Crossfire)
    PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850Watt
    RAM: 16GB(4x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaw Series
    HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black
    SSD: 128GB OCZ Vertex 3
    Resolution: 3x 1680x1050 22" Montiors (5040x1050 Total Actual Res.)

Now, I know people say this alot about running other games in prefect FPS such as Battlefield 3, Skyrim.. etc. etc. Now What confuses me is why is it that WoW Challenges me at trying to get high FPS while Looking Beautiful in the sense of "WoW."

I'm not too sure on that topic Wiether it is because WoW doesnt support does high resolutions or what but It's killing me. I see Youtube Videos and Other People running at even higher Resolutions than what i have.

Nevertheless, My ACTUAL question and Help i need is; What is the best way to get eyefinity to work correctly with WoW? I hear many things like Run it in DX9 Fullscreen instead of DX11, or Dont use Crossfire just use one single card. Etc. I dont think having an Average of 30FPS With my Kind of setup should happen in WoW.

Thank you for your time reading this long boring inquiry.

WoW is CPU intensive, not GPU intensive, even at high resolutions, so your CPU would be causing your 30fps at the resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by xfirefly88x View Post
    So I've been Searching for quite some time now around the forums, internet, and troubleshooting; this is my last hope. Where to begin, I've played WoW for quite some time now since 2005 to be exact. I've been running in Eyefinity for a Year now and lately im losing hope because I keep noticing FPS Drops in my game. Well first let me post my computer Specs.

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 4 GHZ
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB x 2 (Crossfire)
    PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850Watt
    RAM: 16GB(4x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaw Series
    HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black
    SSD: 128GB OCZ Vertex 3
    Resolution: 3x 1680x1050 22" Montiors (5040x1050 Total Actual Res.)

Now, I know people say this alot about running other games in prefect FPS such as Battlefield 3, Skyrim.. etc. etc. Now What confuses me is why is it that WoW Challenges me at trying to get high FPS while Looking Beautiful in the sense of "WoW."

I'm not too sure on that topic Wiether it is because WoW doesnt support does high resolutions or what but It's killing me. I see Youtube Videos and Other People running at even higher Resolutions than what i have.

Nevertheless, My ACTUAL question and Help i need is; What is the best way to get eyefinity to work correctly with WoW? I hear many things like Run it in DX9 Fullscreen instead of DX11, or Dont use Crossfire just use one single card. Etc. I dont think having an Average of 30FPS With my Kind of setup should happen in WoW.

Thank you for your time reading this long boring inquiry.
    The thing is this. The GPU's aren't getting their information from the CPU fast enough and the gpu's are literally saying "hey c'mon be faster". This really tends to happen in raids but not in low intensive area's.

In amd cata center, go to amd overdrive an push the power to +20% on both cards.

You'll normally have like 30fps in BF3 with those graphics cards.

Are you sure that your CPU is 24/7 on that OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    The thing is this. The GPU's aren't getting their information from the CPU fast enough and the gpu's are literally saying "hey c'mon be faster". This really tends to happen in raids but not in low intensive area's.

In amd cata center, go to amd overdrive an push the power to +20% on both cards.

You'll normally have like 30fps in BF3 with those graphics cards.

Are you sure that your CPU is 24/7 on that OC?
    Idk about 30fps @ 5760x1080 in BF3, more likely in normal gameplay 45~ now if your going by insane exploding benchmark style etc then yea 30~, I'd say 30 in wow @ such a res is really good. Yea 5760x1200 is averaging 36 fps, drop to 5760x1080 you'd easily sit in the 40's.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-11-27 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Idk about 30fps @ 5760x1080 in BF3, more likely in normal gameplay 45~ now if your going by insane exploding benchmark style etc then yea 30~, I'd say 30 in wow @ such a res is really good. Yea 5760x1200 is averaging 36 fps, drop to 5760x1080 you'd easily sit in the 40's.
    Well the main problem about his issue is just WoW being crap optimized. I noticed in empty area's I had a sustained 99% GPU usage with 140 fps and when I was getting in shrine outside with a bunch of people my fps was dropping to 40 with a silly gpu usage of 30%

I noticed immediately going from an empty place to an intensive place that 2 cores are really being burned to hell while others are on holiday chilling out. Whatever cpu you have, the problem still exists.

I tried to force nvidia threaded optimization and I was kinda surprised, in an empty area like 6 cores are being used but once I get back to shrine the story repeats 6cores chilling 2 cores burning.

Full screen, no windowed mode whatsoever? Not even fullscreen windowed?
    VSync on?

-Wrong thread-
    Last edited by lyqo; 2012-11-27 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Full screen, no windowed mode whatsoever? Not even fullscreen windowed?
    VSync on?
    His frames are where they are supposed to be, 30 FPS 5760x1080 in WoW seriously on a 1090T which is notoriously slower than its cousin the 980BE, Im thinking it plunges lower than 30 tbh.

Thanks for the reply guys. As for that fps i get around 30FPS in DX11 windowed Mode Since wow does not support anything higher than 1980x1080 in DX11 Atm (I could be wrong but it doesn't show an option above that in my settings) My settings are as High, Expect for SSAO which is OFF and Shadows are Low. Also Playing Battlefield i get a Solid 50+ FPS in Ultra. as for my GPUs being Over clock they are both at a stable 880mhz and 1300mhz memory I dont know the exact spec off the top of my head since im currently on my laptop away from my desktop. As for my CPU I really dont think going Above 4 GHZ for WoW is necessary

EDIT: I can hit around 40FPS if i switch to DX9 Fullscreen and Lower my View Distance. If that makes any sense lol

Thanks for the reply guys. As for that fps i get around 30FPS in DX11 windowed Mode Since wow does not support anything higher than 1980x1080 in DX11 Atm (I could be wrong but it doesn't show an option above that in my settings) My settings are as High, Expect for SSAO which is OFF and Shadows are Low. Also Playing Battlefield i get a Solid 50+ FPS in Ultra. as for my GPUs being Over clock they are both at a stable 880mhz and 1300mhz memory I dont know the exact spec off the top of my head since im currently on my laptop away from my desktop. As for my CPU I really dont think going Above 4 GHZ for WoW is necessary

EDIT: I can hit around 40FPS if i switch to DX9 Fullscreen and Lower my View Distance. If that makes any sense lol
    BTW in Dx11 Windowed mode, Im fairly certain your not utilizing CFX. So in actuality Dx9 should net better frames, being that windowed mode does cause a bit of an FPS drop by itself and factor in the complete loss of a GPU. Your FPS is fine for your rig in WoW, it is likely better in many other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    BTW in Dx11 Windowed mode, Im fairly certain your not utilizing CFX. So in actuality Dx9 should net better frames, being that windowed mode does cause a bit of an FPS drop by itself and factor in the complete loss of a GPU. Your FPS is fine for your rig in WoW, it is likely better in many other games.

Okay thanks I have another Question but it is a little off topic but I'd rather not make an new thread so ill just ask it here to the viewing fourm members. I currently have 3x 22" as my eyefinity. Since WoW is pretty Poorly Optimized with DX11 Fullscreen at my Resolution I was wondering I have a 24" Full HD Monitor On my other computer that is used for office us. It's an ASUS VW246H, Would I be able to Set that as my Middle Monitor in my current triple Monitor Setup and Use it as my Main Display for certain games that can not correctly use eyefinity? Like Diablo 3, LoL, and WoW in this case. I know i can easily set my AMD settings to Disable the 2 displays (the one on the left and right) and leave the center one for those games then just keybind To turn on eyefinity as a preset for the games that actually look great and are well optimized for eyefinity? Basicly my question is Does WoW look great on a 24" monitor? is it a huge noticable difference going from lets say 1680x1050 to 1980x1080 ? These may sound like dumb questions and obvious answers but I prefer reading other people's opinions and see where i can come to a compromise with my current issue. Thanks again for your time.

Oh and one more question (I know I know I'm Sorry): is there really a huge difference between a 24" and 27" Monitor? I know bigger is better but is it worth paying 200$ for 3 more inchs? (No pun intended)
    Last edited by xfirefly88x; 2012-11-27 at 03:30 PM.

Okay thanks I have another Question but it is a little off topic but I'd rather not make an new thread so ill just ask it here to the viewing fourm members. I currently have 3x 22" as my eyefinity. Since WoW is pretty Poorly Optimized with DX11 Fullscreen at my Resolution I was wondering I have a 24" Full HD Monitor On my other computer that is used for office us. It's an ASUS VW246H, Would I be able to Set that as my Middle Monitor in my current triple Monitor Setup and Use it as my Main Display for certain games that can not correctly use eyefinity? Like Diablo 3, LoL, and WoW in this case. I know i can easily set my AMD settings to Disable the 2 displays (the one on the left and right) and leave the center one for those games then just keybind To turn on eyefinity as a preset for the games that actually look great and are well optimized for eyefinity? Basicly my question is Does WoW look great on a 24" monitor? is it a huge noticable difference going from lets say 1680x1050 to 1980x1080 ? These may sound like dumb questions and obvious answers but I prefer reading other people's opinions and see where i can come to a compromise with my current issue. Thanks again for your time.
    I'll be quite frank here WoW @ 1920x1080 does no justice to the resolution what so ever, to the point where a friend who was on a square LCD from 7yrs ago or so and a matching elderly PC when he upgraded to a near identical setup as my own and bought his 1920x1080 screen he was like meh I don't see anything special. Now fastforward a few hours later after raid time, log into Battlefield 3...he legit screamed HOLY RESOLUTION. Thats about as honest as it gets, I have a 120Hz 23" Samsung monitor which I had my 2nd account on @ 800x600, between my main screen and that 1 I couldnt tell anything but increased workspace. WoW is just not a sexy looking game lol atleast not anymore. I mean you could use the 24" display but would it be worth it rather than just using the middle screen that is their now making eyefinity swappin easier and resolution changes easier IDK thats your judgement call man.

I do weird things noone else does so I can't say if its good or bad for ya. for instance, I have to have all my stuff situated before I game, this sounds normal but I'll leave out the details but let us just say it looks more like Im prepped for a party than to sit down and game.