Solo Queue Arena Idea by Cartoonz

Hello everyone

My name is Cartoonz, and I recently posted a video on an idea I've had over a " Ranked solo queue arena" style of play. I'd love to share this with you and possibly have you show some support to get an answer from Blizz regarding the idea.

Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Once classes are MORE balanced, go ahead.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

This has been an idea since the game first came out. People wanted ranked duels.

Classes are too imbalanced at the moment.
    Lets say a warrior queues up for 3v3, gets a, lets say, death knight and a healer, and against them is something like an elemental shaman, ww monk and a disc priest.

Guess who wins. This idea is too susceptible to RNG in terms of what comp you get and what comps you fight against.

ranked duel heal vs heal. yeah. i like to waste 25 minutes of time for losing rating.

I like what you are thinking cartoonz.

PS: keep rocking the fire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    ranked duel heal vs heal. yeah. i like to waste 25 minutes of time for losing rating.
    Nice listening skills mongo, the idea was solo queue 3v3

Lets say a warrior queues up for 3v3, gets a, lets say, death knight and a healer, and against them is something like an elemental shaman, ww monk and a disc priest.
    That situation won't crop up often simply because of the tiny percentage of people that will queue as those classes, in fact it could lead to better balance because blizzard will see 1% of solo queuers are playing monks and realise that they are worthless.

I think it's a quality idea, especially for people that want to start getting into arenas without the pressure of playing with people on skype etc. this could lead to a big increase in arena activity in the long term

10+ Year Old Account
    watch the video and listen to the idea before posting. the title of the thread may be a bit misleading as in people see "solo queue arena" automatically think ranked 1v1 arenas which is not what hes talking about people.

i think that there would be matchmaking issues with it though. if its going to be a ranked system, theyre not going to pair up a 2400 player with a 1500 player so mmrs would have to be involved in some way or else it would get boycotted before it even went live. i foresee a general lack of players queuing up at mid-high (2000+) level play in favor of the current system where players can pick who they play with.

great ideas like this get bounced around all the time. the problem is, when they get on blizzards radar, they shoot them down immediately and give one of their generic responses saying it would be too hard to implement. who knows though, we can only hope /shrug.

i support the concept overall, and +rep for cartoonz!