The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Warlock pvp in 5.1

With the nerf to demo, and the slight buff w/ ember regen to destro, will destro be the better spec for pvp in 3's? or only rbgs and 2's? input plz!

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard nothing much has changed. Demo has the auras problem, and the autoattack taken away but Destro still has that rather larger problem of the cast time of Chaos Bolt. And with Affliction still it's buitl in problem of no pressure due to weak dots without MG it looks like all 3 specs will be problematic. To me, as a PvP noob, it seems the trouble for Demo seems slightest, so my guess is Demo will still be the spec of choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    doom buffed 25% in exchange for our ranged melee attack :/.. i think i read somewhere that demon soul was now undispellable too.

so no..even playstyles aside imo; demo will still be top. :[

Aff typically scales well with gear and the change to KJC will give it something useful in the last tier. hopefully it sees some better days.

So what's the cc replacement for the Rain of Fire Aftermath stun being removed? I don't see Cataclysm in the patch notes. Please tell me they didn't just remove the stun and leave us high and dry???

I know Rain of Fire now doesn't need immolate to generate embers, and conflag now generates embers... but our embers do not enable us to cc...

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKwaa View Post
    So what's the cc replacement for the Rain of Fire Aftermath stun being removed? I don't see Cataclysm in the patch notes. Please tell me they didn't just remove the stun and leave us high and dry???

I know Rain of Fire now doesn't need immolate to generate embers, and conflag now generates embers... but our embers do not enable us to cc...
    Nothing for now. I wouldn't be surprised though, I still remember wanting my 15% damage back after cataclysm hit. Nothing was changed until 4.3, when Incinerate got buffed by 5%, base mastery benefits by about 5% and Burning Ember damage along with Soul Fire damage increased. Ironically, the two least useful damage sources in PvP were buffed.

So it's confirmed we're back to have a senseless careless warlock Dev... Xelnath come back please

Aff still sucks (alightly moreso with the CoEnf change). Destro hit with the same curse issue, but its got ember tap so not as big a deal - GoSac CB 3sec DoT sucks, but youre probably following CB with a blanket or coil anyway.

Demo aura got stomped into the ground - 10yd range, purgeable, 150 fury + 10sec CD? No thanks. Just gonna use curses outside of putting aura ahead of my CWs when I go to burst - and maybe not even then. Means banking some extra fury for it I guess. It's gonna suck for trying to keep teams from blowing up my shaman in a stun now.

We're still BF bitches and 2min CD wonders mostly - nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    So it's confirmed we're back to have a senseless careless warlock Dev... Xelnath come back please
    The "fixes" just seem so careless. Removing auto attacks instead of fixing the wand bug, removing the stun from Rain of Fire and then Cataclysm.

Making auras dispellable magic effects and then nerfing their range and then nerfing enfeeblements effectiveness, increasing its cost and giving it a cd.

Burn.

At least Dark Soul can't be purged and the Dark Bargin change is nice.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Aff still sucks (alightly moreso with the CoEnf change). Destro hit with the same curse issue, but its got ember tap so not as big a deal - GoSac CB 3sec DoT sucks, but youre probably following CB with a blanket or coil anyway.

Demo aura got stomped into the ground - 10yd range, purgeable, 150 fury + 10sec CD? No thanks. Just gonna use curses outside of putting aura ahead of my CWs when I go to burst - and maybe not even then. Means banking some extra fury for it I guess. It's gonna suck for trying to keep teams from blowing up my shaman in a stun now.

We're still BF bitches and 2min CD wonders mostly - nothing to see here.
    where are those aura changes? I cant find them anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    where are those aura changes? I cant find them anywhere.
    Hotfixes + stealth nerfs. The details I posted above are accurate based on what they've posted though. Auras didn't get nerfed, they gots gutted.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what are you guys gonna run in 3's, if you run 3's? Destro or demo? I kinda wanna go destro because fury just seems to take forever to build up, and w/ the slight ember regen buff, that seems a tiny bit better. But i need Actual pvpers opinions!