Aberration - new unit type?

[Turn Evil] The power of the Light compels an Undead, Aberration or Demon target to flee for up to 40 sec.
    [Banish] Banishes an enemy Demon, Aberration or Elemental for up to 30 sec.
    According to the lastest patch notes a paladin's Turn Evil and warlock's Banish can now be cast on a new type on enemy called "Aberrations". But just what is an Aberration? (Yes, I know what the word means).

What do you think could be classified as an Aberration in Wow; the Sha? Old Gods? Just anything that doesn't quite fit into other catagories?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd guess it's sha, seeing as they're elementals atm and that doesn't make much lolore sense.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    abberration sounds more like an undead thingy though.

Quote Originally Posted by betaboxguugi View Post
    This can be true in many cases but I don't see why they would need a sub-catagory for undead.

Nice find I'm trying to figure out what it could actually be.

Elemental Aberration
    Undead Aberration
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-23 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by betaboxguugi View Post
    An undead sha?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it'll be the warped things that have been in the game since BC. The ones with the tentacles and the weird heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Oozes, slimed, the things in the picture in the post above mine, old gods, sha, all those things that genuinely don't belong in any other category.

Things that are absolutely unholy evil nasty things but aren't categorisable as either undead or demonic.
    Last edited by InDecisive; 2012-10-23 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Pretty sure it'll be the warped things that have been in the game since BC. The ones with the tentacles and the weird heads.

That'd be a flesh beast, which was also the first thing that jumped to my mind. There are a number of mobs called "aberrations" already, but they're all over the place in terms of type. Undead, elementals and dragonkin (the adds in the Maloriak encounter). If I had to guess I'd go with InDecisive. They're probably going to re-categorize mobs with a sense of wrongness that aren't demons or undead into the Aberration type. Flesh Beasts are most likely a prime candidate, since IIRC they don't even have a type right now.

Aberrations: sha, faceless, old gods, oozes (my opinion)

I guess what really matters is whether the various priest summons like fiend, mind-bender, and psy-fiend will count. I would assume not since this would completely annihilate a priest's mana... perhaps some hunter pets might qualify too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    Aberrations: sha, faceless, old gods, oozes (my opinion)
    inb4 world first banish kill on the old gods!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, aberration is typically used for any really weird, unnatural enemy. Fleshbeasts, old god-related monsters, and Sha would probably qualify. Elementals are creatures of natural forces, while something made of hatred or anger is a bit differen (especially since they come from an Old God).

Deleted
    I would love to banish the priests ridicolous pets on my warlock. pleeeease blizz. can i have new toys?

10+ Year Old Account
    No Track Aberrations added to hunters, though, and considering we can track every single mob type in the game...
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally they adding in a type for those damn things, drove me crazy seeing them and not seeing what type of enemy it was (I hated it back in TBC when hunters got bonus dmg against targets they were tracking, but ofc can't track mobs that don't have a type).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.