Best trinket option

Between Relic of Yu'lon, Light of the Cosmos, or Essence of Terror... Which 2 are best route?

I've read a lot of people will be using valor to upgrade their trinkets, will best option be to upgrade Relic of Yu'lon?

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajidon View Post
    Between Relic of Yu'lon, Light of the Cosmos, or Essence of Terror... Which 2 are best route?

I've read a lot of people will be using valor to upgrade their trinkets, will best option be to upgrade Relic of Yu'lon?

Thanks guys!

Well the best trinkets for Demo and Affli are Relic of Yu'lon and Essence of Terror, I have Relic and Light and tomorrow I upgrade them but if u have Essence just upgrade it first and later Relic, this my opinion. My dude is the Proc upgrade it of the trinket´s ??? Really I dont know. (sorry for my bad english)

I did some quick calculations and for me upgrading my wand will give me around 2k dps while the trinkets will give around 5-600 with RoY being slightly better so I'm going for it first then probably LotC:H in 2 weeks if I haven't gotten a better weapon to upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I did some quick calculations and for me upgrading my wand will give me around 2k dps while the trinkets will give around 5-600 with RoY being slightly better so I'm going for it first then probably LotC:H in 2 weeks if I haven't gotten a better weapon to upgrade.
    Wait...upgrading your wand is going to give you 2k dps? My god, how many ilvls does an upgrade increase? 60?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Well for my bad lucky i have only a Blue Staff, but I want to reserve 1.5K VP for tomorrow if i´ll win tomorrow a epic Arm (Elegon Wand or Dagger LFR Terrace) if u are correct the most important item for upgrade tomorrow is the Arm include why not the Off Hand. Is Interesting your Idea Bonkura

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Wait...upgrading your wand is going to give you 2k dps? My god, how many ilvls does an upgrade increase? 60?
    If it gives 300 SP that's ~1200 DPS right there...

So is it best just to upgrade weapon? I'm hoping to get Mainhand dagger drop in Terrace tomorrow, and would wait off on upgrading that instead of trinket if I got the chance.

Deleted
    BiS trinkets are essence of terror and light of the cosmos. So if you have light of the cosmos in HC I would upgrade that one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Upgrading regular Lo'Shan Terror Incarnate (the sha gem sword from Tsulong) fully gives an increase of ~550-600 SP, along with ~60 haste and crit.

So yeah, it's actually slightly more then a 2k DPS increase :<

Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    BiS trinkets are essence of terror and light of the cosmos. So if you have light of the cosmos in HC I would upgrade that one
    Relic of Yu'lon is better.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DVWhOLWc#gid=0
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-11-27 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Spreadsheet is wrong. I keep asking Brusalk to update it and he ignores me. Basically if you look at his proc values some of them are off, especially the LotC ones.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post19090433

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Spreadsheet is wrong. I keep asking Brusalk to update it and he ignores me. Basically if you look at his proc values some of them are off, especially the LotC ones.

Well I'm not sure how he counted it but you might be correct since LotC has 45s ICD vs the 50s on LoY and a stronger proc on LotC as well as longer duration. I did some quick math earlier today with simply gathering the average passive stat gain from the procs and LotC was slightly better by doing it that way. I guess I gave him a bit too much credit for calculating the actual proc value or something. Since I haven't put more effort into it becase I'm terrible at math I thought I'd trust Brusalk on the matter. =P

Can more people confirm the numbers on the spread sheet? I just got Essence of Terror (LFR) as a demonologist. I already have Light of the Cosmos (LFR) and the Relic. I'd hate it if I have to replace my Relic. I won't be able to run a sim until much later tonight.

simcraft gave me1,5k more dps with EoT (lfr) compared to relic as affli... now i'm kinda cnfused and waiting for new calculation, spreadsheets and updates

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post

SORRY!

I'm in the middle of dead week and then finals' week. I'm so busy between studying and assignments and raiding that I have almost no time for anything else.

I'm trying to figure out as well. I have 496 eot, rf lotc , and roy upgraded 1/2. Oh and affliction.
    Last edited by Potente; 2012-11-29 at 02:25 AM.

This seems to answer any questions regarding trinket rankings for Afflictions.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19238824

I went for upgrading my LotC:H and now waiting to see if I get the 509 wep from Protectors heroic before I upgrade my wand for this week's progress. "Luckily" it 2 weeks before we can upgrade 2x again after that so we'll get more time to choose between proper gear pieces.

Deleted
    Spreadsheet is definitely wrong. If you sim it you can see that you have a DPS increase usin LotC and EoT for Affliction and Demo. Relic is only BiS for Destro because LotC proccs less there (only procs from DoT ticks) and as such the uptime suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    Spreadsheet is definitely wrong. If you sim it you can see that you have a DPS increase usin LotC and EoT for Affliction and Demo. Relic is only BiS for Destro because LotC proccs less there (only procs from DoT ticks) and as such the uptime suffers.
    I believe I made it clear in my original post that the values are calculated under the assumption that the trinket procs the exact ms the trinket comes off cooldown. It's not wrong for what it calculates (bar any proc number issues I haven't had time to change)