Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

5.1 Soloing update

Hey,

I saw in the patch notes that they've made some of the bosses which required more than 1 person doable (or something along those lines) and I was wondering which fights were made soloable where you needed 2 people before? Mostly want to know if gunship, dreamwalker and thorim are now soloable.

Razorgore, Viscidus, and Naj'entus were made easier.

The ones you mentioned remains unchanged.

I'm surprised they didn't change Reliquary of Souls. That fight is just not fair trying to solo.

I would assume that they just changed the instances that have those pets.

"Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone."

Misleading patch notes ftw. They missed the word "Some" in front of enemies I guess. Bah.

Oh well, at least BWL is fixed now and you no longer require a raid group.. after how many years of asking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Oh well, at least BWL is fixed now and you no longer require a raid group.. after how many years of asking.
    You didn't need a raidgroup to enter BWL before this change happened either. Just click the orb solo would do it, same with talking to that guy who ports you to MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Caranthir View Post
    You didn't need a raidgroup to enter BWL before this change happened either. Just click the orb solo would do it, same with talking to that guy who ports you to MC.
    Ah I meant the general change rather than specific instances but appreciate that's not how my post read.

Deleted
    I soloed thorim at 85 so see no reason he is not soloable now.
    What makes valithria unsoloable?

What I understand only bosses with mechancis making them impossible for 1 player has been "fixed".

Dreamwalker is currently impossible for classes that cannot heal because, you know, you need to heal her to win. Thorim is just tricky but far from impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorim is annoying but very doable.

No change to Reliquary of Souls????this is the most stupid boss ever!the devs are too useless they do not have a single idea about the game..they play borderlands instead
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Caranthir View Post
    yeah, u could zone in solo and then never defeat razorgore. neat.

How about Gluth 25-man?

Why worry about RoS when you can't even get past the first boss solo*? That's what I'd be more concerned with.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillmare View Post
    Why worry about RoS when you can't even get past the first boss solo*? That's what I'd be more concerned with.
    Well, A) you could before, but it took some high burst and B) he's one of the bosses that was changed. His shield doesn't last as long or heal him for as much or something.

You can get passed first boss solo if you have enough dps.

As for Ros - he is really irritating but at least for my monk I managed to get him down with my monk in dps spec. So I guess high dmg + some defensive cd and you are home.

That;s what the asterisk is for. It's possible, but the point is to make it available for all classes to solo.

If there are any US people on today to test it could you please update this thread with confirmed bosses with changes as i'd love to know whos changed etc

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    No change to Reliquary of Souls????this is the most stupid boss ever!the devs are too useless they do not have a single idea about the game..they play borderlands instead
    What......
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Skillmare View Post
    That;s what the asterisk is for. It's possible, but the point is to make it available for all classes to solo.
    Which... it is now. I don't know where you're going with this.