10+ Year Old Account

Restoration 4 Piece Change

Tried doing a search function, but didn't find any threads on this, so thought I'd bring it to people's attention, in case they didn't see it...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Item - Shaman T14 Restoration 4P Bonus - Your Tidal Waves ability grants an additional 5% cast time reduction to Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave, and an additional 5% critical chance to Healing Surge, rather than granting 1 additional charges each time it is triggered

This should have been the 4 piece the whole damn time -_- Better late than never, I guess.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Would've liked the extra charge better tbh. 5% is almost nothing.

this is an enormous nerf in my eyes.

I find both the 4pc bonuses very underwhelming. I've been passing my set tokens to tanks and dps because I really don't see a huge use for it. I would have seen the use of the 5% buff if it was in addition to the extra charge but individually I don't care for either of them :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Would've liked the extra charge better tbh. 5% is almost nothing.
    do you know how much haste you would have to have in order to have +5 %? well a lot :P

it's a huge help for heal snipers like me. Nobody gets to cast those single target spells as fast as us. We've got +30 % from tidal waves all the time and then we got 5 % from ancestral swiftness. And now we get another +5 %. Gonna be like 1.4 on healing wave woohoo.
    Last edited by mmocf17d6adc2f; 2012-11-27 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    do you know how much haste you would have to have in order to have +5 %? well a lot :P

it's a huge help for heal snipers like me. Nobody gets to cast those single target spells as fast as us. We've got +30 % from tidal waves all the time and then we got 5 % from ancestral swiftness. And now we get another +5 %. Gonna be like 1.4 on healing wave woohoo.
    Exactly this. I'm definitely happy with the change!

5% is 5%

At least we are being looked at.

An actual shaman change? Which isn't directly a nerf? No way.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tjamen View Post
    this is an enormous nerf in my eyes.
    It depends on the fight. On CH heavy fight were TW is nearly always up and u occasionally use HS or GHW/HW, its a buff. On the others were u only get TW from RT the old bonus would prolly be slightly better. But overall i prefer the change!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    It depends on the fight. On CH heavy fight were TW is nearly always up and u occasionally use HS or GHW/HW, its a buff. On the others were u only get TW from RT the old bonus would prolly be slightly better. But overall i prefer the change!
    Let's get completely serious, though. Resto would absolutely still be perfectly balanced if they just gave us both -_- three stacks of tidal waves passive, and +5% from 4 piece bonus. This would mainly just have an effect in 10 man, where CH is still pretty situational, glyphed or not, or even Riptide, glyphed or not.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.