10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    God fucking damn it, will you honestly quit it??? FORGET THAT THERE WAS A BOY AND A GIRL... FUCKING FORGET IT. People break into your house... the last thing on your mind is how old they are... you just want to make sure they don't hurt you and they went directly to where he was hiding... he wasn't on the main floor... if the kids stayed there they probably wouldn't have been shot. He found a secure place in his home and took point. If he wanted to kill his intruders, he would have ran up and shot them... they came to him... he didn't want anything to do with them... but they looked for trouble and got what they were searching for.
    I never once made an appeal such as "they were just kids." If I have done so in error, please go back, find the exact quote where I did so, and repeat it so I may rectify my mistake. The shooting of the boy was justified. The shooting of the girl was possibly justified. The execution of the girl was 2nd or 1st degree murder. Please stop making appeals to emotion to deny this.

Also, if you could stop cussing me out for no plausible reason, it would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Yes, we are all martial arts experts that can disarm a person with a gun without getting shot?

Reality check on isle 4.
    Reality check... 64 year old... 17 year old... did you see the picture of the guy? He's an unfit... old dude just living out the rest of his life... the kid could have easily dropped the old man due to him being young and full of testosterone.

You and everyone else who's against the old man are soo illogical. You keep saying "oh i wouldn't have shot the kids" YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT THEY WERE KIDS... THE ONLY REASON YOU DO IS BECAUSE OF THE REPORT. Go into his shoes and experience it... you'll find out that you'll treat any intruder the same. Because you can't think or speculate of who or why... there is only 2 options once your adrenaline starts pumping... Flee or fight... he took point and decided to fight... whether it be a russian swat team... coast guard... the hulk... anything... he prepared for the worst.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by kjcasey View Post
    Just because these kids did not have a gun does not mean they weren't capable of killing in a drug induced state of mind. People cant make rational decisions high on dope!
    No one is claiming that. We are claiming that once they have several bullet holes in them, the need for "further self" defense has ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Significant malice. Victims' age to be taken into context.
    Straight up vigilante murder.
    Just don't see it that way. He made no effort to pursue them. He stayed in the basement and did not open fire until they started coming downstairs. He made no attempt to lure her downstairs that I can find. He did not charge upstairs guns blazing. He hid and didn't fight back till cornered. Considering what they may have been on at the time, who knows the context of her laugh nor how many were involved. I do find it very odd that she would come downstairs though after the gunshots. A Ruger isn't exactly a quiet weapon.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

A very simple and easy concept to follow. Do not under any circumstance do a home invasion or burglary. If you follow that rule you need never worry about getting shot by a homeowner. That being said, I will defend my home with lethal force if you force your way in. I'm not going to try to talk you down, reason with you, or attempt to read your mind to know your true intents. You gave all that up when you forced your way into my home.

Why do you think the man would have gone upstairs when he knew there were more than one person in his home. So he could get plugged soon as he stuck his head up? He did the tactitally smart thing by staying put and letting the intruder come to him. For those of you that feel like he should have had a safe room, he was as far as he could go. In his basement. See how well a safe room works when your house gets burned down around you in your "safe" room.

I do feel the man should have called the cops soon as it happened but he was not in his right mind after chain of events has happened but the one thing he should have done was to have kept his mouth shut to the cops until he had a lawyer present. He was not in the right frame of mind to make any statements to the cops and could have well said something that bite him in the end. Never ever answer a cops questions without your lawyer present. The founding fathers gave us this right for a reason.

There are also to many movie buffs and people who have never been in a life or death situation that think he should have leg shot then called the cops. You shoot center mass to put the target down permanently and keep firing until said target goes down. How do I know this? Let's just say I'm old enough to have seen NVA shot up and still trying to use their weapon.

The man should have used a 12 gauge with 00 or 000 buckshot instead of a jam prone mini 14. They don't jam and for you bleeding heart "talk them downs" the rick rack of a pump shotgun is universally understood as a whole lot of hurt is about to come down and if I want to save my skin, it's time to get the hell out of here.

You are so true he has nothing to stand on so criticizing you is his only way of getting recognition dont let it bother you crakerjack
    God fucking damn it, will you honestly quit it??? FORGET THAT THERE WAS A BOY AND A GIRL... FUCKING FORGET IT. People break into your house... the last thing on your mind is how old they are... you just want to make sure they don't hurt you and they went directly to where he was hiding... he wasn't on the main floor... if the kids stayed there they probably wouldn't have been shot. He found a secure place in his home and took point. If he wanted to kill his intruders, he would have ran up and shot them... they came to him... he didn't want anything to do with them... but they looked for trouble and got what they were searching for.

Reality check... 64 year old... 17 year old... did you see the picture of the guy? He's an unfit... old dude just living out the rest of his life... the kid could have easily dropped the old man due to him being young and full of testosterone.

You and everyone else who's against the old man are soo illogical. You keep saying "oh i wouldn't have shot the kids" YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT THEY WERE KIDS... THE ONLY REASON YOU DO IS BECAUSE OF THE REPORT. Go into his shoes and experience it... you'll find out that you'll treat any intruder the same. Because you can't think or speculate of who or why... there is only 2 options once your adrenaline starts pumping... Flee or fight... he took point and decided to fight... whether it be a russian swat team... coast guard... the hulk... anything... he prepared for the worst.
    No one is saying that. We said that you don't need to finish someone off once they are lying on the floor with bullet holes in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I never once made an appeal such as "they were just kids." If I have done so in error, please go back, find the exact quote where I did so, and repeat it so I may rectify my mistake. The shooting of the boy was justified. The shooting of the girl was possibly justified. The execution of the girl was 2nd or 1st degree murder. Please stop making appeals to emotion to deny this.

Also, if you could stop cussing me out for no plausible reason, it would be greatly appreciated.
    The girl was going to die anyways... if he goes to prison for any reason... it's not the final shot that killed her, it's the shots that he put into her after she laughed at him. But again... when you're in a scary situation like that and the girl starts laughing after being shot once... that just adds more and if you're religious... you might think she's a devil or something... I'm just saying you can speculate all you want, but he already said why he shot the girl extra, because he laughed at her.

Deleted
    How do you know this? Do you know how fit he was? Do you know if he had any medical conditions that could make him unable to do "normal" things?

You don't, so don't make up stuff about him being able to overpower a 64 year old. Also, you don't know if this 64 year old is also strong or even fragile, so using that argument of who can overpower who doesn't make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Just don't see it that way. He made no effort to pursue them. He stayed in the basement and did not open fire until they started coming downstairs. He made no attempt to lure her downstairs that I can find. He did not charge upstairs guns blazing. He hid and didn't fight back till cornered. Considering what they may have been on at the time, who knows the context of her laugh nor how many were involved. I do find it very odd that she would come downstairs though after the gunshots. A Ruger isn't exactly a quiet weapon.
    So that's why he fired on her once she already had been shot? And then shot her again after dragging her around?

I know he was hiding? Oh that's why he fired off several more shots! Making MORE noise is a brilliant way to hide!
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-28 at 09:06 PM.

would you agree that a person on prescription pain killers would most likely not feel a thing?
    No one is claiming that. We are claiming that once they have several bullet holes in them, the need for "further self" defense has ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is entirely dependent on how many shots were fired and how many actually hit. Not to mention where they hit.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter you kiddo... The judicial system doesn't work off of what you think is right or wrong... it works off of evidence and if he's the only witness... it's his word. You can speculate all you want, but you can never convict someone based off of what you think.

And get the hell out of here... calling me a troll... just because I'm logical and you fail to look at this event from a logical perspective. You remind me of the parents of the kids... so arrogant to believe that their little angels could have done something.
    You mean the same judicial system that charged him with two murders?
    You are not being logical at all. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    You are spawning hatred driven nonsense that's only good at insulting people.

Now, I do not wish to talk to you anymore.
    Every other comment from you to me will be reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is saying that. We said that you don't need to finish someone off once they are lying on the floor with bullet holes in them.
    She... Was... Going... To... Die... Anyways. She laughed at him and put a couple more bullets into her... that's it... that's the breaking point... a human can endure 1 flesh shot... but countless more into the chest? Lungs punctured and filling with blood isn't usually something people come back from... She was probably bleeding from her mouth, coughing up blood and barely breathing... he felt sympathetic and put her out. It's not like he shot her 5 more times in the chest hoping it would kill her, he knew that she wasn't going to live if paramedics come, so he helped her ease the pain.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You mean the same judicial system that charged him with two murders?
    You are not being logical at all. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    You are spawning hatred driven nonsense that's only good at insulting people.

Now, I do not wish to talk to you anymore.
    Every other comment from you to me will be reported.
    Being accused and guilty are 2 separate things brother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    He showed malice in changing weapon and (quoting the very man) thought she had to die cause she laughed.

The judicial system can charge anyone for murder the question is can they convict! This case very very unlikely

She... Was... Going... To... Die... Anyways. She laughed at him and put a couple more bullets into her... that's it... that's the breaking point... a human can endure 1 flesh shot... but countless more into the chest? Lungs punctured and filling with blood isn't usually something people come back from... She was probably bleeding from her mouth, coughing up blood and barely breathing... he felt sympathetic and put her out. It's not like he shot her 5 more times in the chest hoping it would kill her, he knew that she wasn't going to live if paramedics come, so he helped her ease the pain.
    It's not his job to play god. Would you like to give the police the ability to perform "mercy shots"?

I am sure the rest of our country would love that idea....

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's why he fired on her once she already had been shot? And then shot her again after dragging her around?
    He had no where else to go nor could know whether more were coming. He was trapped by an unknown number of hostiles and apparently not even fit enough to move the bodies without getting them on a tarp first. Not to mention, again, that we have no idea how well lit the basement was, so no indication of how well he could see the potentially imminent assailants. I do not think killing the girl was a mercy killing. I think he was still afraid for his life and that she had a weapon on her or that she might signal others still upstairs or outside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    How do you know this? Do you know how fit he was? Do you know if he had any medical conditions that could make him unable to do "normal" things?

You don't, so don't make up stuff about him being able to overpower a 64 year old. Also, you don't know if this 64 year old is also strong or even fragile, so using that argument of who can overpower who doesn't make much sense to me.
    Well lets think... the kids were there to rob him of meds... usually people take meds when they get old and they're more fragile... call me retarded, but I think the old man without a gun wouldn't have been much of a fight for the young lad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go at it again, doesn't exactly mean "she had to die." It could just as easily mean he still thought she was a threat. Nor since there is any mention of reloading the revolver that he shot her more than a couple of times with a piddly .22 from an unknown range.