Quote Originally Posted by Alkin View Post
    Physically? The only situation where extreme force is justified is in retaliation to or in lieu of reasonable threat of the use of force.
    Psychological trauma doesn't count? It can be more severe than physical. Wounds of body heal quicker.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Do Europeans really not have the right to defend their own property from robbers? Wow. I hope you find freedom some day in the future.
    My old dog (rottweiler) bit a burglar pretty badly in the legs,and it was put down

why are so many here seeing all of this as an "all or nothing" subject? no right to protect your home or any intruder is a free kill? surely there is a common sense middle ground here

Amazing how people don't think defending one's property is a fundamental human right. How's life being a little serf?
    It may be a fundamental human right, i wouldn't place it ahead of the right to life itself however.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Simple, have an uncocked shotgun and cock it while warning them. They will likely run out the house, because people value their lives.
    Except they doing something illegal ..in America where many people have weapons , you would think people would evaluate their life value before entering the house.

And I'm sorry Rukennuts , I know you were posting it earlier but can't find the page (or someone was) , does that veto get rid of Statue of 609.06 , again not familiar with all the laws in place.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Psychological trauma doesn't count? It can be more severe than physical. Wounds of body heal quicker.
    Not If you "finish them clean" or whatever it was he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to interrogate an intruder to see if he wants my stuff or to rape my wife.
    Yes, because that's the main purpose for all people in the world. To have the trouble of entering a house to get to the bed, instead of running rampage on somebody on the street.
    You're just looking for an excuse i guess.

Edit:
    Stopping following this. This thread will go nowhere anyway.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Gavril View Post
    Except they doing something illegal ..in America where many people have weapons , you would think people would evaluate their life value before entering the house.

And I'm sorry Rukennuts , I know you were posting it earlier but can't find the page (or someone was) , does that veto get rid of Statue of 609.06 , again not familiar with all the laws in place.
    Not everyone thinks rationally, especially when they are young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's something you have to fix on your own. Killing the intruder doesn't bring that peace of mind back. I'm not saying that deadly force is wrong...if someone breaks into my home with the intent of hurting myself or my partner (and you can figure that out pretty fast), damn better believe I'm gonna give them all I have. But I wouldn't do to them what this man did to two unarmed kids.

How are you going to establish not one but both aren't armed, without this mans specific account of what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    why are so many here seeing all of this as an "all or nothing" subject? no right to protect your home or any intruder is a free kill? surely there is a common sense middle ground here
    It seems to be that if you want someone to see your point of view, you should go as far to the extreme as possible. Makes sense, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's something you have to fix on your own. Killing the intruder doesn't bring that peace of mind back. I'm not saying that deadly force is wrong...if someone breaks into my home with the intent of hurting myself or my partner (and you can figure that out pretty fast), damn better believe I'm gonna give them all I have. But I wouldn't do to them what this man did to two unarmed kids.
    What are you gonna do, ASK them politely what do they intent to do in your house? I have experienced a break in back in Ukraine, I was 13. 13 years passed and I still make sure wherever I am inside my apartment, there's a knife within arm's reach. Even though I have nothing to steal.

Defense of one's property is a fundamental right to all free men and women. If you can't defend your property with lethal force, you are a slave.
    So I take it you're an extremist then.

I CAN'T PROTECT MY TV WITH LETHAL FORCE?! WHAT AM I A FUCKING SLAVE?!
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-11-27 at 04:38 PM.

Yeah, because real life is an action movie where you can kill people for taking your stuff and face no consequences.
    I've had this argument before, I will not do so again. Bottom line, I have experienced the scenario of a violent individual breaking into my home, and me defending the lives of my family; and this is just something you can never understand unless you experience the pure, raw, visceral fear of an uninvited individual violating the sanctity of your domain.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    They deserved to be shot.

They did not deserve to be executed and then left in his basement for a day until police were notified.
    This. It may have been self defense at first which I totally understand, but he then CONTINUED to shoot ( in the face, and an execution-style shot was fired into the girls head ) after they were already disabled. That makes this a sick crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Read the 'reasonable expectations' part of the statue. It's quite impossible to reasonably believe a wounded teenager is a threat. He neutralized the threat with his first shots. The subsequent one to the head was an execution.
    That's the best case that can be made.

I'm personally rooting for the guy. Personally, I think if you're willing to break into someone else's home, you're at their mercy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I think Minnesota allows this, but not all states. Self-defense is one thing, defense of property is another.

You are correct and has been stated before Minnesota does NOT have Castle Laws, but YOU CAN't if in your home in Fear for your life and your life being taken, use lethal force.

Not If you "finish them clean" or whatever it was he said.
    He is insane. But maybe his insanity was actually caused by the previous break-ins? It's a terrifying, paranoia-inducing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Yes, because that's the main purpose for all people in the world. To have the trouble of entering a house to get to the bed, instead of running rampage on somebody on the street.
    You're just looking for an excuse i guess..
    That's silly. People break into houses and rape the occupants, why would you do it on the street and risk being seen or come upon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryggve View Post
    My old dog (rottweiler) bit a burglar pretty badly in the legs,and it was put down
    I'm sorry to hear that, Tryggve. That's a real shame and you have my condolenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    That's the best case that can be made.

I'm personally rooting for the guy. Personally, I think if you're willing to break into someone else's home, you're at their mercy.
    That's the case they will make, and I think according to the law it's a good one.

Considering he has basically admitted it, and his neighbors say he was "traumatized", I anticipate a mental affirmative defense.