Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Sorry, but no. I absolutely refuse to run from anyone in my own home. If there's one place a person should feel safe in this world, it should be in their own home. I will defend it with my life.
    I think some of you guys must watch too much television, you really have no grasp on reality, you apparently have no understanding of the value of human life. Either you are young and don't have a clear, broad understanding of the world, psychotic and devoid of emotion or you are completely numbed to violence as a result of a country with warped ethics and murky morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    HAHAHA A guy gave you a Link to the actual online MN library that specifically PROVED YOU FUCKING WRONG!
    Really. Dig up that link then and see what it says.

Because what I posted there is what the state of Minnesota itself says to be true.
    https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.065

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    No, none of you cited the Minnesota law. All I've seen is people citing Wikipedia.

This is the actual law:

609.065 JUSTIFIABLE TAKING OF LIFE.

The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.

He was not preventing a felony by shooting teens who as far as he could see were only tresspassing - and later, was bleeding on his floors.

Yet I'm the only one who's going off on the actual Minnesota law and case law, rather than confused application of the generic castle law that you read off Wikipedia.

Apparently tellling you lot to check the actual law code was too subtle a hint.
    LMAO, you clicked the link off of wiki... well maybe you should dig a little bit deeper and see what 609.065 is applying to... (here's a hint, LAW ENFORCEMENT)
    Last edited by Sealed Shut; 2012-11-27 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't discuss any case whatsoever before the jury delivers its verdict.
    I'm saying he is not a murderer, and the law is on my side mate. Legally speaking. Morally i don't give a damn, I'm happy there's two less robbers in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Horkymon View Post
    You, sir, are a lazy, lazy person. Learn to follow the cited pages in wikipedia. Oh wait, since it's just wikipedia it's just all pipe dreams and whatever twack jobs decide to post, you know, instead of there actually being sources CITED. (HINT: they're at the bottom of the page)
    Didn't stop you citing it wrong. Again, this is what Minnesota's statutes actually say:

609.065 JUSTIFIABLE TAKING OF LIFE.
    The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.065

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    WHY ARE PEOPLE EVEN ALLOWED TO OWN A FREAKING SHOTGUN!?!

i will quote myself: "Americans have gone bloddy insane"
    Why wouldn't you own a shotgun? Tight blast pattern with maybe an 8 inch spread covers alot of area per shot... and it has really good stopping power... which is what you are going for in home defense. On a lighter note, in the south you can win turkeys with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Most people don't run to gun shots while in the process of committing a crime unless its to shoot back. Either way you can't expect the guy to magically know the intentions of someone coming down the steps that has broken into your home.
    The case in the article isn't one "old" man flabbering about scared, but one that calmly have the nerve to execute somebody that very clearly isn't a threat anymore(if she ever was).
    Your "magic" doesn't apply.
    He might not have known when she came down at first. That shot can be reasoned, but not the following, despite peoples feeble attempts to do so.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    This is the number one pro-gun argument, and at the same time of all pro arguments the outright DUMBEST!!!!!
    Guns are banned in a lot of middle eastern countries but I see extremists and militants waving them around constantly, who are they robbing for those guns?
    Oh wait there is an illegal gun trade and anyone with a lathe can make an ak-47. The largest mass murderer in the world was in one of your gun free utopias.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkin View Post
    I think some of you guys must watch too much television, you really have no grasp on reality, you apparently have no understanding of the value of human life. Either you are young and don't have a clear, broad understanding of the world, psychotic and devoid of emotion or you are completely numbed to violence as a result of a country with warped ethics and murky morality.
    You must watch too much television. What do you expect to do if someone kicks in your door in the middle of the night? Call the police? Are they going to save you? Even if they get there quickly (3-5 mins) a lot can happen in that time frame.

My home is my sanctuary dude, don't come into my home taking the things that I have worked hard for, or try to do me harm.

People like you are why the world is a bad place.
    I'm a bad person because I think criminals deserve to die so that innocent people can live safe and happy lives?

I've never committed a crime in my entire life. But if someone breaks into my home you can be damn sure I'll kill them. I'm not risking my life to go easy on someone who is a threat to me and my family. Not to mention that if I let them live they are threats to everyone else as well.

Deleted
    The guy heard them first & waited on them. No verbal warning of "I'VE GOT A GUN GET OUT!". Had every intention of killing them, no matter if he neutralised them threat with his first shot. It's almost pre-meditated, but he'll now try and hide behind a shitty American law...

Scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    LMAO, you clicked the link off of wiki... well maybe you should dig a little bit deeper and see what 609.065 is applying to... (here's a hint, LAW ENFORCEMENT)
    Sigh. 609.065 applies to 609.06.

609.06 AUTHORIZED USE OF FORCE.
    Except as otherwise provided in subdivision 2, reasonable force may be used upon or toward the person of another without the other's consent when the following circumstances exist or the actor reasonably believes them to exist:
    (3) when used by any person in resisting or aiding another to resist an offense against the person

Yeah where I came from we refer to our police as "any person" too.

I have nothing against this, he in fact did the world a favor and removed some robbers from the planet.

I am very sad that these 2 good looking kids are dead. That being said, at age 36 I can already tell I am getting weaker. I'm not the same me, not sure if I still have the same ability to protect myself. I couldn't even imagine age 64, probably could barely move, if he has precriptions to steal he probably has pain too.

If I was in his shoes I would be scared. I would grab my gun and hunker down where I was and call the cops.....but this guy was in the middle of nowhere with a very big chance that he didn't have a phone in his basement, or even a cell phone. Maybe his cell was upstairs. You hear sets of footsteps upstairs, you are a 64 year old ex navy seal, you have no friends. Those people START TO COME DOWNSTAIRS. Do you let them come down fully so they have an equal advantage to kill you? Or do you do whatever you can to protect yourself. Sure he "executed" them...but they probably would have died anyway and probably were screaming.....this was a hectic thing, he may have never read mmo champion and had all the ingenious ways to protect himself like we do. He did it the old fashioned way, he pulled out his gun and protected his life and property. He had no idea who or why these people were there. My home has been invaded before, I was 26, alone, had no gun...I was scared. If I had a gun they would be dead, instead I jumped out the window, got my neighbor and we went back with his gun. We rang the doorbell and the theives came running out. He did have a weapon, we held him until police got there...the other guy got away but was later apprehended. One of the guys was previously jailed for manslaughter.

Damn right I would have killed them if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    You must watch too much television. What do you expect to do if someone kicks in your door in the middle of the night? Call the police? Are they going to save you? Even if they get there quickly (3-5 mins) a lot can happen in that time frame.

My home is my sanctuary dude, don't come into my home taking the things that I have worked hard for, or try to do me harm.
    If someone came into my home, i would expect that they are burglars, i wouldn't attack them because I am smart enough to know that they are probably only after valuables, i would call the police and then wait for them to arrive, if they saw me and tried to attack i would probably run, but since they wouldnt have a gun, because i live in a civilized country that doesn't sell guns in supermarkets i would probably not be in much real danger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthedruid View Post
    I'm a bad person because I think criminals deserve to die so that innocent people can live safe and happy lives?

I've never committed a crime in my entire life. But if someone breaks into my home you can be damn sure I'll kill them. I'm not risking my life to go easy on someone who is a threat to me and my family. Not to mention that if I let them live they are threats to everyone else as well.
    No, you are a psycho, that is pretty clear now.

If you killed a serial killer, if you killed a rapist, if you killed somebody who does both then I would be able to sympathize. But you saying killing 2 teenagers who were probably doing something stupid like all teens do proves you either are a fucking psycho or your world view is actually black and white like that.

Shoot twice, ask questions later. And do the job right the first time so "a killing blow" after the fact isn't needed. If you're in my house, you'll get blinded by my flashlight about a half second before my H&K turns your torso into hamburger. And you'll ALWAYS have a gun.

If someone came into my home, i would expect that they are burglars, i wouldn't attack them because I am smart enough to know that they are probably only after valuables, i would call the police and then wait for them to arrive, if they saw me and tried to attack i would probably run, but since they wouldnt have a gun, because i live in a civilized country that doesn't sell guns in supermarkets i would probably not be in much real danger.

You have a good point since no humans were ever violently killed until the invention of the gun. Criminals are decent folk trying to make a living, and only have your best interests at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthedruid View Post

You are a bad person because you are glad that people have died. I would be glad if the crime was avoided. That is where we are different. I'm not saying that violence shouldn't be used in a necessary situation, but actively seeking blood, like you do, and like the guy in the article, is a sign of a lack of humanity.

Sigh. 609.065 applies to 609.06.

609.06 AUTHORIZED USE OF FORCE.
    Except as otherwise provided in subdivision 2, reasonable force may be used upon or toward the person of another without the other's consent when the following circumstances exist or the actor reasonably believes them to exist:
    (3) when used by any person in resisting or aiding another to resist an offense against the person

Yeah where I came from we refer to our police as "any person" too.
    let's ignore number 4
    (4) when used by any person in lawful possession of real or personal property, or by another assisting the person in lawful possession, in resisting a trespass upon or other unlawful interference with such property