Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    Buff for PvE? No, not really.
    Facts disagree with you:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...numbers-are-in

As BM: Middle of the pack single target (great burst at the start but get overhauled by other classes over the long duration of a boss kill), terrible aoe and no cleave ability.

As survival: Below middle of the pack single target, ok aoe (only gets really good if there are so many mobs that everyone else is hitting aoe cap which we can avoid due to serpent sting dots). There are no bosses that fall into that category in current tier. No good cleave ability (multi shot works as a band aid but is nowhere near what other classes have).

As Marksman the jury is still out but I think the best we can hope for is middle of the pack single target, similair aoe to BM and again no cleave....

Mages are absolutely ridiculous on every type of fight.... Our mage is 1 of our worst geared dps and yet on any fight with some sort of cleave such as heroic stone guard or garalon he does about 40% more dps than everyone else and any single target fight he is normally around 10-15k ahead of the next highest. How blizzard can think they didn't need a nerf I will never understand. I used to think the whole idea that a prominent dev playing a mage was the reason mages always seem so strong was just a joke but now i'm beginning to believe there might be some truth in it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 05:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    This Lynx rush-nerf was totally uncalled for in PVE, just because some PVPer QQed about getting bursted down they have to ruin it for everyone.
    There was no lynx rush nerf in PVE. Lynx rush only had it's burst nerfed (a pvp nerf). Lynx rush apparently does slightly more damage overall in 5.1 than it did before the patch (pve buff).

Deleted
    Just wanted to put my 5 cents in. Anyone who says that hunters are fine don't know what hell they are talkign about. Hunter is absolutely crap dps atm. No matter how much you sugar coat it, it's terrible. There is prolly 2 good fights for hunters which are Lei Shi and Vizier because we are able to do good damage while moving. (Talking about HC fights not normal ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Facts disagree with you:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...numbers-are-in

As BM: Middle of the pack single target (great burst at the start but get overhauled by other classes over the long duration of a boss kill), terrible aoe and no cleave ability.

As survival: Below middle of the pack single target, ok aoe (only gets really good if there are so many mobs that everyone else is hitting aoe cap which we can avoid due to serpent sting dots). There are no bosses that fall into that category in current tier. No good cleave ability (multi shot works as a band aid but is nowhere near what other classes have).

As Marksman the jury is still out but I think the best we can hope for is middle of the pack single target, similair aoe to BM and again no cleave....

Mages are absolutely ridiculous on every type of fight.... Our mage is 1 of our worst geared dps and yet on any fight with some sort of cleave such as heroic stone guard or garalon he does about 40% more dps than everyone else and any single target fight he is normally around 10-15k ahead of the next highest. How blizzard can think they didn't need a nerf I will never understand. I used to think the whole idea that a prominent dev playing a mage was the reason mages always seem so strong was just a joke but now i'm beginning to believe there might be some truth in it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 05:17 AM ----------

There was no lynx rush nerf in PVE. Lynx rush only had it's burst nerfed (a pvp nerf). Lynx rush apparently does slightly more damage overall in 5.1 than it did before the patch (pve buff).
    Theres a direct correlation between the fact the lead dev plays a mage and the state mages are in...no rocket science or slide rules needed.He must have broken up with his girlfriend to see rogues take the dive they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    This Lynx rush-nerf was totally uncalled for in PVE, just because some PVPer QQed about getting bursted down they have to ruin it for everyone.
    That's the problem altogether and for years.
    PVP ruins the game outside the PVP environment.
    People suggested the solution at hand also for years, but blizzard refuses to establish two complete different sets of spells/abilities. One for pve and one for pvp.

Deleted
    you can move while you dps. <<< DAT IS OP

This is not reflected in sims, but in raids, movement heavy fights a good hunter should tear a new asshole to mages and warlocks. Okay, maybe not mages.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post

This is not reflected in sims, but in raids, movement heavy fights a good hunter should tear a new asshole to mages and warlocks. Okay, maybe not mages.
    And after recent warlock passive buff - not warlocks as well, becase they can cast while moving as well with only slight decrease in their speed.....

So generaly speaking we are still behind almost every class except for single targed boss where we are just in the middle of the pack....

Quote Originally Posted by deva View Post
    Just wanted to put my 5 cents in. Anyone who says that hunters are fine don't know what hell they are talkign about. Hunter is absolutely crap dps atm. No matter how much you sugar coat it, it's terrible. There is prolly 2 good fights for hunters which are Lei Shi and Vizier because we are able to do good damage while moving. (Talking about HC fights not normal ones)
    Hit it right on the nose...

So being able to move and dps (when we could do that for most part already) suddenly makes us Kings of the Hill on movement fights now? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa.....about that.....you're absolutely WRONG. Affliction/Demo locks, mages, moonkins, elemental shamans all say hi

There was no Lynx Rush nerf. Some people think there was because damage was reduced by 29% but that was to compensate for it now being a bleed and bypassing armor.

All in all Lynx Rush is fine so long as you don't back to back it on a single target since it can only stack 9 times. If you're fighting a single target, you need to let the first 15sec bleed run its course before the next Lynx Rush.
    Last edited by Rhodair; 2012-11-28 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Hunters already did 95%+ DPS while moving. This Cobra/Steady change was a minor buff at best. We were already the most mobile class in the game. Now we're 100% mobile. It still doesn't matter when Mages, Locks, and DKs do 30k+ DPS more than we do on single-target, and even MORE on cleave fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    Lets bring a tiny bit of logic to our conversation, ok? Simulationcraft is here not to be the "one and only Oracle". It just gives a general overview on class potential in current tier etc.

I totally agree that some char has to be on top, same about the bottom. But refresh my mind, in which patch mages and warlocks was on this very bottom?

Cheers

lol any reply?^^

idiots talking shits geez

hunters are shit

MM is good with t2 upgraded, just cuz power shit crit for like 200k that's it

we are like rogues if not worse now lol
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mettimo View Post
    lol any reply?^^
    I am still waiting
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    Buff for PvE? No, not really.
    I recommend you roll a hunter and see just how bad it is.

http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

All three specs of hunter are literally the lowest dps specs in the game ATM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more shocked that I see Lynx rush way more often now with the nerf. Ironic...

EDIT: I'm serious and not trolling. I see it so often it's kind of scary.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I'm more shocked that I see Lynx rush way more often now with the nerf. Ironic...

EDIT: I'm serious and not trolling. I see it so often it's kind of scary.
    it was not nerfed... this is the problem. you see that the skill was changed so you think nerf.... however the skill does more damage now then before its simply dome over a longer period of time.

Deleted
    Hunters my friends we can only winn if you poost so meny letters and posts on blizzard web site to see there are Hunters at buttom of eny dps class we are now shit of class

Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    I am still waiting
    During quite a bit of content pre-wotlk mages in particular weren't that great at all. At the start of T11 mage wasn't that great before they patched everything multiple times meanwhile hunters/locks were nuts dps wise before they got the nerfbat. These moments can and will happen for most classes if you really wished to go searching for every patch something was bad during

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    it was not nerfed... this is the problem. you see that the skill was changed so you think nerf.... however the skill does more damage now then before its simply dome over a longer period of time.

All right..makes sense better that the burst is toned and sustained...
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    Blizz said that lynx rush should do about the same damage just as a dot to stop burst in PVP. So the aspect change should be a buff since our rotation should never change at all during fights. So no more having to stop casting cobra to stop movement and losing focus gains
    The whole no more fox aspect didn't matter, you just macro fox with cobra or steady, all that really does is let you get some more AP on your cobras and steadys. Not really a big deal there but I suppose it's a buff still. I'm glad I switched mains before the end of cata, to enhance shaman too so i'm really happy right now.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 02:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RH exact View Post
    I recommend you roll a hunter and see just how bad it is.

http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

All three specs of hunter are literally the lowest dps specs in the game ATM.
    And here is the realistic simcraft in case anybody want's to look at it, yes I know simcraft blah blah blah not real situations, still it is somewhat of an indicator.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    You accuse others of jus blindly thinking the change is nerf, but then blindly assume its no nerf.
    Going ingame and using the ability will show you a different picture...
    It IS a nerf