Deleted

Valor point upgrades

Id like your opinions on wether it would be worth it to spend 1500VP´s on upgrading Relic of Xuen to item level 484. I dont realy have any items i can currently buy for valor or that i know wont be replaced other then this one.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/parantaa/

If you're capped or close to it, then you might as well if that's the one piece of gear that's going to be static, unless you see a sha weapon in your immediate future.

Deleted
    thank you for the quick reply. Im close to the cap and my guild only just downed 3. boss in HoF so it will be a while till i see my sha weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    If you're capped or close to it, then you might as well if that's the one piece of gear that's going to be static, unless you see a sha weapon in your immediate future.
    Its a major patch so wont we get VPs resetted?

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Its a major patch so wont we get VPs resetted?
    Valor only resets on patches where a new raid tier is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelaaja View Post
    Id like your opinions on wether it would be worth it to spend 1500VP´s on upgrading Relic of Xuen to item level 484. I dont realy have any items i can currently buy for valor or that i know wont be replaced other then this one.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/parantaa/
    I came on to create this thread myself, lol. So i do have my sha weapon lvl 496 with the agi gem, for Enhancement would it be more advisable to upgrade the weapon first or another item like the DMC trinket. Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicbomb/simple
    We're 5/6H MV, 6/6 and 4/4. We're in a battle for server first so i can't divulge our progression strategy atm. I'm sure the theorcrafters are scrambling around to see the affects of item upgrading with items that don't have heroic version like DMC cards. With current stat weights I'm thinking to upgrade the Claw first then the Relic of Xuen. And what about upgrading the 509 belt, which is an unachievable lvl 517 in this tier (bmah purchase btw) v. upgrading the Gar'ajal belt from 502>510 surpassing the 509 Ranger belt (I have both)? Thanks for any input.

Heck, what about upgrading Gara'kal to lvl 510 since it's my MH for a while or shifts to my OH when i get HcClaw?
    Last edited by BigLeague; 2012-11-27 at 04:25 PM.

You won't change the relic until the next raid and it's not even sure you'll change it at that time. Upgrade it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    You won't change the relic until the next raid and it's not even sure you'll change it at that time. Upgrade it first.
    Except it's not BiS for this tier at 476 for enhance. That's the question, how much does it move with 8 ilvls? Will upgraded Bottle/Terror beat an upgraded DMC, my guess is since they are all upgradeable, BiS won't change.

I would think you'd be better off upgrading a weapon, than a trinket. The DPS increase gained from the weapon should far outweigh any extra agility you would gain from upgrading the relic.

Logged onto test realm and the item upgrade only appears to affect the static agility on the trinket and not the proc.(DMC)
    Fear is the little death

Rough maths (from a few examples from main page) suggest a double VP upgrade works out at a 7.8% stat increase.

So for the Relic:

Agility 956 increases to 1030
    Proc 3027 increases to 3263

I've not played enhance for a while and don't really know what other options you have trinket-wise but it seems like a solid upgrade.

Not sure if this info is in anyway helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Neimenor View Post
    Logged onto test realm and the item upgrade only appears to affect the static agility on the trinket and not the proc.(DMC)
    Hmm, the proc is the benefit atm.. you can get static agility from Terror, and potentially upgrade that. Simple logic is telling me that if all the trinkets are upgradeble and it's not BiS now, why spend first VPs to upgrade it? Pretty sure i'm going with the advice to upgrade weapon 502>510 first. Unless some badass theorycrafter comments before realms are up =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your gear, I'm going to say upgrade your weapons first and hold off on the trinket for now. You don't seem to be close to a Sha-touched weapon yet at least outside of LFR, so upgrading those will be rather nice for your dps and last you a while.

I debated this exact thing, and opted to upgrade my weapons first. It seems to me that weapons have always been our largest opportunity for dps increases, and with the new 496 trinket available from the dominance offensive, I'm really questioning how long the 476 relic of Xuen can be optimal.

Deleted
    I just upgraded my DMC trinket and the upgrade does affect the proc as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    My sims already has it lower than any other trinkets. Mastery starts losing value slightly when you gear up and since all other trinkets are higher ilvl it quickly loses its value as you gear up.

I know this is an enchance thread (not to derail this) but I upgraded my resto trinket and it basically upgraded the static INT on the trinket by about 80 or so. So in essence it was like adding gem to it for about 1500VP (/facepalm). Seeing as how I have the worst luck in WoW with trinkets and weapons, it was worth it for me.