Relic of Yu'lon and other crafted gear, still worth getting?

Hey guys,

I recently leveled my druid to 90 and I am going to start raiding a bit with it as Balance. I was just looking what gear to buy. I am considering buying: (1) Relic of Yu'lon (18k on AH), (2) Inscribed Jade Fan (3.7k on AH), (3) Wildblood Vest (8k on AH), and/or (4) Wildblood Gloves (4.5k on AH).

Is it worth buying the listed gear this late into the expansion and with the new patch incoming? And if so, how much would you pay for the each item? Or should I rather just stick to normal blue heroic 5 man, PVP (HP and crafted), and LFR gear drops? Also, I don't have that much gold, probably about 80k.

Thanks.

Get the trinket for sure. The BoE are only 476, you can try your luck at LFR for those items. The trinket is really really good and won't be able to be replaced by anything in LFR.

The off-hand and Relic are deffo worth buying. I do HC raiding and still haven't had chance to replace my off-hand yet and probably wont replace my DMF trinket for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new patch? You realise you have to get at least revered with the new faction, right? I'd say go buy the listed items if gold is not a problem and you're raiding. Else I don't see why you'd need them.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

With the Faire around the corner (this coming Sunday) I'd say it might be worth checking how much the actual cards are to make the deck for your relic (or how much the deck is). I know it's about a 5k difference between the Relic and Deck on my server, and a further 5k difference between the cards and the deck.

Depending on your server, is the price difference worth the wait?

The trinket is so cheap atm. On our sever it sells for about 15k or even less. I paid about 90k for mine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snorecb View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently leveled my druid to 90 and I am going to start raiding a bit with it as Balance. I was just looking what gear to buy. I am considering buying: (1) Relic of Yu'lon (18k on AH), (2) Inscribed Jade Fan (3.7k on AH), (3) Wildblood Vest (8k on AH), and/or (4) Wildblood Gloves (4.5k on AH).

Is it worth buying the listed gear this late into the expansion and with the new patch incoming? And if so, how much would you pay for the each item? Or should I rather just stick to normal blue heroic 5 man, PVP (HP and crafted), and LFR gear drops? Also, I don't have that much gold, probably about 80k.

Thanks.
    The DMC is bis before HC for most if not all.

The fan is pretty much the same as the the LFR fang one. Epic crafted gear is good right now. Not sure if you can upgrade them via valor tho.

I paid over 60k for my darkmoon card. Yikes. Moving to your server :P

Deleted
    plus you can upgrade the darkmoon trinket now with valor, very good idea to buy it imo.

the DMF trinket trumps almost everything and its BIS with heroic light of the cosmos for some spellcasters... 1000 int+ another 3000 int its still gonna be awesome till 5.2 hits most likely. the fan is super cheap im even considering buying one even though i dont have a 1h wep yet on my mage just on the offchance one will drop.

Deleted
    The DMF trinkets are totally worth every penny.

To put it into context, i paid 50k for my engineering ding + helmet at release, and spent the first 2 raid weeks, flipping cards, and still managed to spend 25k (on 3 cards)

So 15k, for a trinket, that when upgraded twice, may be your best in slot? Pay it, paste a smile on your face and then be happy.

The 476 gear is worth getting if you have a fresh 90 and want to start raiding ASAP. I probably wouldn't equip the chest/gloves though until you've done all the LFRs for the week just in case a same slot item drops.

I know it's about a 5k difference between the Relic and Deck on my server

Thanks for the advice guys!

Well I managed to get a serpent deck for 9.5k, so I am waiting till Sunday to get the trinket. I also managed to get the chest and gloves for 8.5k in total, and the off-hand for 2.5k. So I guess it wasn't that bad in the end.