Item upgrade gear question

With the new upgrade system being launched tomorrow... does anyone know if it will be better to upgrade your epic pvp weapon before buying the rest of your conquest gear? Or would it be best to get the rest of the conquest gear before focusing on upgrading.

I've been trying to decide on this myself. For melee, the weapon upgrade would be the biggest increase in damage but further upgrading your gear from dreadful to malevolent will increase damage and survivability. Its a really hard decision for dual wielding classes who have to spent 3k conq points to upgrade both weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for 2h melee users, upgrading the weapon will high likely give the best results due the bigger increase of both weapon damage and pvp power, on the other hand, will upgrading your gear give more survability due the increased stamina and resilience

If you are surviving just fine right now go with the dps increase... if not then get more gear... Just remember what pieces give best upgrade stats... If I remember correctly its Legs, Helm, Chest is the biggest increase for stats other then weapon.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by dh View Post
    Its a really hard decision for dual wielding classes who have to spent 3k conq points to upgrade both weapons.
    ....i've been wondering about this for a few hours now.

You're telling me I'll (as a dual-wielder) have to spend twice as much as everyone else for the same benefit?

You witnessed this on the PTR?
    I was really hoping upgrading 1h weapons would be 375 conquest :<