Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The upgraded alchemist stone gives 871 mastery, 4.691(highest stat)/15 second duration. Seems like for affliction it would bump it past the lfr light of the cosmos if my paper math was correct. Able to check that and add it into the spreadsheet rustjive?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UpES1pWUWhvNkE

Let me know if anything is broken.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-11-28 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apokotou1709 View Post
    I Sim better with Essence+Relic of Yu'lon this Posts says that Light of Cosmos is better and I can understand that...but im in a great doubt of which one to upgrade and use :/
    When you simed Essen + Relic in comparison to Essence + LotC did you do a reforge of your gear? As LotC brings passive haste in contrast to the passive int of Relic. So to get the full value of it you should do a reforge of you gear. At lower gear levels you will probably end up reforging the trinket to hit which allows you to free better reforges on other slots. Won't be necessary at higher gear levels where you are probably going for a mastery reforge as in the BiS list.
    Also important: Which spec did you sim with? LotC is only BiS for Affi and Demo not for Destro. This last thing is also a reason why the spreadsheet can never be correct in the listings as long as the procrate is not taken into account. LotC only procs from DoT ticks and for Destro that means that you have a much worse uptime than Affliction or Demo.
    Last edited by mmoc05fd85e432; 2012-11-29 at 09:30 AM.

Is upgrading trinkets really worth it ?

It doesn't show an actual upgrade to the buff/procc portion of the trinket in the upgrading-UI, just a - rather unimpressive - upgrade to the base stat . . .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    Is upgrading trinkets really worth it ?

It doesn't show an actual upgrade to the buff/procc portion of the trinket in the upgrading-UI, just a - rather unimpressive - upgrade to the base stat . . .
    I upgraded my DMC trinket and the proc upgraded also.

The proc does upgrade, but that doesn't automatically mean trinkets are a great choice for upgrades. Weapons are far far better than anything else, because of the spell power on them.

A new simcraft release should be out today, which will let you simulate upgraded gear.
    Last edited by Gobuchul; 2012-11-29 at 12:54 PM.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Deleted
    You should think also about when your guild will do X boss on heroic. Atm i have upgraded the Elite back and elite weapon. If i'll drop the trinket from the Sha i'll updrage it for sure since we aren't going to do it very soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    When you simed Essen + Relic in comparison to Essence + LotC did you do a reforge of your gear? As LotC brings passive haste in contrast to the passive int of Relic. So to get the full value of it you should do a reforge of you gear. At lower gear levels you will probably end up reforging the trinket to hit which allows you to free better reforges on other slots. Won't be necessary at higher gear levels where you are probably going for a mastery reforge as in the BiS list.
    Also important: Which spec did you sim with? LotC is only BiS for Affi and Demo not for Destro. This last thing is also a reason why the spreadsheet can never be correct in the listings as long as the procrate is not taken into account. LotC only procs from DoT ticks and for Destro that means that you have a much worse uptime than Affliction or Demo.

yes I did a full reforge but as im going for hit cap it was beeing reforged to hit so i guess thats why it did not get a better value than the other too.And the Spec was affliction so i guess I just need to get some more gear in order for it to be better :P

I also want to say that theoretically EoT should get worse with the 4pc bonus, while RoY and LotC should be unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    I also want to say that theoretically EoT should get worse with the 4pc bonus, while RoY and LotC should be unaffected.
    IMO it's actually a bit better since you can line up your 3rd DS with your EoT proc. Just have to hold off your 3rd DS until it procs.

my sha-touched sword and prolly DMC

i upgraded my dmc trinket and waiting til this week of raiding is over to see if i can get the sha touched weapon before upgrading wand
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    IMO it's actually a bit better since you can line up your 3rd DS with your EoT proc. Just have to hold off your 3rd DS until it procs.
    That's a 30 second hold, no?

Edit: I guess you mean the 4th DS? In that case you don't need to hold, they should line w/ pretty closely depending on proc chance.

0s: EoT + DS; 80s: DS2; 105s: EoT2; 160s: DS3; 210s: EoT3; 240s: DS4; 315s: EoT4; 320s: DS4
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-11-29 at 07:11 PM.

if you have heroic light of cosmos i would upgrade it since it's either bis or near bis when upgraded... sha trinket may be SLIGHTLY better depending on the spec, but most people won't be getting the heroic sha trinket anytime soon :3

Let me know if anything is broken.
    Thanks for the update.

Ugh, the Shock-Charger Medallion is crap due to low up-time.

Any opinions on trinkets for Destro?

Debating HM Cosmos v. Essence of Terror v. Relic of Yu'lon.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by ashin View Post
    Any opinions on trinkets for Destro?

Debating HM Cosmos v. Essence of Terror v. Relic of Yu'lon.
    Int Procs that line up with dark soul are amazing. Once you get 4pc it might change, but Cosmos+Relic is what I've been running. Almost always up together and almost always up exactly when I need to cast a chaos bolt.

That's a 30 second hold, no?

Edit: I guess you mean the 4th DS? In that case you don't need to hold, they should line w/ pretty closely depending on proc chance.

0s: EoT + DS; 80s: DS2; 105s: EoT2; 160s: DS3; 210s: EoT3; 240s: DS4; 315s: EoT4; 320s: DS4
    Yeah my bad, fat fingered 3 - though honestly EoT doesn't proc as soon as the CD is up so with the delay it's generally procced for the 3rd DS so it lines up a little wonky.