Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Soloing old raids post patch.

So with the new patch just around the corner, I just want to ask if anyone can expand on the quote:

"Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone."

This is obviously going to help with transmog runs, and since I'm a transmog fanatic, it would be nice to get some sort of list of boss' which have been altered to provide a more solo friendly run. Or am I just going to have to jump in all the old raids and find out for myself? Hoping for a blue post but I know that's not going to happen, so anyone who's played the testing realms and done many old raids?

Would be nice to get a list of boss' from previous raids that are affected by this change. The way I read it is that I'm now going to be able to blast through BT, SWP and alike on my own where as currently that's not the case, but I remain skeptical about that thought.

Any thoughts?

Unless they changed some more in the two weeks since I got bored and did them on the PTR, they've literally only changed three bosses. Razorgore, Naj'entus and Viscidus. It's a pretty misleading patch note that is really easy to take as some sort of sweeping change to make old raids easier for some classes to solo.

Deleted
    ""Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons."

About time they come with this change!

Deleted
    Only 3 changed, sadly RoS was not

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Sigh.. The only stumbling block for me in my BT soloing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally! Soloing old dungeons and raids and being able to explore them at my own pace is one of my favorite things to do in WoW. This is an excellent and much needed change.

Even though this is a long needed change, it still won't bring me back to soloing old raids... I have to loot, every time I see a sparkling corpse I need to run over and loot it, just can't help myself. But with only 10 free bag slots, there isn't that much that I can loot, which basically stops me from going to old raids.

Having soloed shit on the ptr i can tell you that

BWL - Razorgore is much easier now he has more health plus his break egg is now on a 1.5 secs cd instead of 6 secs
    AQ - Viscidus has had the amount of hits needed to break his shell nerfed dramatically
    SWP - Kalecgos is skippable (not sure if that was always the case)
    BT - Naj'entus tbh i just burned him down never really had a problem with him though i did struggle with the RoS

Basically any boss that couldnt be soloed and now drops a pet is soloable other shit like stuff in ICC etc is still the same

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so on my way to BWL today after doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Having soloed shit on the ptr i can tell you that

BWL - Razorgore is much easier now he has more health plus his break egg is now on a 1.5 secs cd instead of 6 secs
    AQ - Viscidus has had the amount of hits needed to break his shell nerfed dramatically
    SWP - Kalecgos is skippable (not sure if that was always the case)
    BT - Naj'entus tbh i just burned him down never really had a problem with him though i did struggle with the RoS

Basically any boss that couldnt be soloed and now drops a pet is soloable other shit like stuff in ICC etc is still the same
    SWP has been like that, been doing it for the past couple weeks on live now.

This is such a needed and welcome changed. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to run something but could never find anyone to make a raid group with me. I can see farming for mounts/transmog gear a more regular part of my weekly routine in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    So for soloing Viscidus, I suppose that as a warrior, I'll be revisiting Storm Peaks soon?

I do wonder how long it's gonna take for them to nerf RoS's disorientation ability. Maybe even give it a diminishing return, how funny would that be to see on an NPC.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I agree, even for me as a DK, RoS is a pain in the ass because its the one boss that requires "tactics" and coordination.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Even though this is a long needed change, it still won't bring me back to soloing old raids... I have to loot, every time I see a sparkling corpse I need to run over and loot it, just can't help myself. But with only 10 free bag slots, there isn't that much that I can loot, which basically stops me from going to old raids.
    Cant you dump some stuff in your bank/guild bank/void storage or temporarily send it to your alts?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

That's why we have AOE loot, and if you just turns off auto-loot, you can only bring the things you really want. It's really not that challenging.

Loving these changes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

You know you can sell stuff right? Like personally I have (including my banks) about 40 spare slots and I have so much cloth I'm yet to sell, 6 Tmog sets + lots of weapons/tabards and unobtainable shit now but still plenty of room - didn't keep eery single MoP novelty i got whilst questing though
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    So for soloing Viscidus, I suppose that as a warrior, I'll be revisiting Storm Peaks soon?

I do wonder how long it's gonna take for them to nerf RoS's disorientation ability. Maybe even give it a diminishing return, how funny would that be to see on an NPC.
    Probably better of buying 2 swords in Dalaran(http://www.wowhead.com/item=44638) and enchanting them with Deathfrost (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=46578)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edc View Post
    Probably better of buying 2 swords in Dalaran(http://www.wowhead.com/item=44638) and enchanting them with Deathfrost (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=46578)
    With the severely limited bagspace I got (why can't I hold all these MoP vanity items?!), I'll settle for the axes. I can send em to my banker until I need 'em again next week.
    Good suggestion either way though!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Cant you dump some stuff in your bank/guild bank/void storage or temporarily send it to your alts?
    It's all BoP Bank/Void Storage/bags, all full. That's with Illusionary Bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    You know you can sell stuff right? Like personally I have (including my banks) about 40 spare slots and I have so much cloth I'm yet to sell, 6 Tmog sets + lots of weapons/tabards and unobtainable shit now but still plenty of room - didn't keep eery single MoP novelty i got whilst questing though
    I did keep all the vanity stuff from quests and I use those almost daily. Selling isn't really an option for me.

It's all BoP Bank/Void Storage/bags, all full. That's with Illusionary Bags.

I did keep all the vanity stuff from quests and I use those almost daily. Selling isn't really an option for me.
    The TV show Hoarders do they do a wow edition? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The TV show Hoarders do they do a wow edition? lol
    Good thing I'm not like that in real life