Resto - Unleash Elements questions

Hi guys, I've been trying to find out which exact heals are buffed when using my Unleash Elements spell.

Especially now with the Unleashed Fury level 90 talent we get 2 buffed heals in a row when using Unleash Elements.

The tooltip reads it affects your next single-target heal. So in my mind that would mean Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave and Healing Surge.

Does it also buff Riptide and Chain heal? And if yes, do these stack if I cast a Unleash Elements buffed Chain Heal on a target that has Riptide (30% + 25%) ?

I've also read that it buffs Healing Rain? Is that true?

Thanks in advance for any input you guys can give me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Youdeadnow View Post
    Hi guys, I've been trying to find out which exact heals are buffed when using my Unleash Elements spell.

Especially now with the Unleashed Fury level 90 talent we get 2 buffed heals in a row when using Unleash Elements.

The tooltip reads it affects your next single-target heal. So in my mind that would mean Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave and Healing Surge.

Does it also buff Riptide and Chain heal? And if yes, do these stack if I cast a Unleash Elements buffed Chain Heal on a target that has Riptide (30% + 25%) ?

I've also read that it buffs Healing Rain? Is that true?

Thanks in advance for any input you guys can give me on this.
    As far as I'm aware it buffs Healing Rain (if it doesn't I've been using it wrong) but I wasn't aware it buffed your next 2 spells. Nothing on tooltip or talents, have I missed something?

It buffs, HW, GHW, HS, Riptide, and HR. As I know it doesnt buff CH. If you spec into Unleashed fury, when you cast UE you put a buff on the person you casted UE on, so for example, you can UE your tank, cast HR under your dps and as soon as the cast on HR finishes put a riptide on your tank, this way riptide will both benefit from uE and UF while HR will benefit from UE

It doesn't buff the next 2 heals per se, what it does is buff's the Shaman and buff's the target, so the next spell cast by the shaman on any target will be +30% stronger and +50% stronger on the target.

Shaman casts unleash elements on a Warlock and then heals a warrior, the warrior will receive a 30% stronger heal and then heals the warlock, the warlock will receive a 50% stronger heal.

Shaman casts unleash elements on a warlock and heals the warlock, the warlock will receive an 80% stronger heal.

Hope this helps.

15+ Year Old Account
    UL buffs the folowing spells (you get a buff that improves next spell) :
    - HW
    - GHW
    - HS
    - HR
    - RT (direct heal)
    - RT (HoT)

UF buffs the folowing spells (your target gets a buff that improves the next spell it receives from you).
    - HW
    - GHW
    - HS
    - RT (direct heal, but not HoT)

UL and UF are cumulatives and multiplicatives when you cast UF and then HW, GHW or HS on a single target.

Those are tested results.

edit :
    Multiplicative means : 1,5 x 1,3 = 1,95 factor.
    Last edited by pouca; 2012-11-27 at 11:15 PM.

It all makes sense now. I really didn't understand this spell before now (although I thought I did), so thanks. Explains why I sometimes have 2 x UL icon on me (cast UL on myself of course). I didn't know it put a buff on the target as well. You learn something new everyday

Thanks everybody for the replies, I finally understand how it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by pouca View Post

UF buffs the folowing spells (your target gets a buff that improves the next spell it receives from you).
    - HW
    - GHW
    - HS
    I think unleashed fury also buffs riptide, riptide is a direct heal after all just with a hot afterwards, The amount the hot heals depends on the strength of the initial heal too so unleashed fury wud also increase the hot strength
    Unleashed fury doesnt affect chain heal but unleashed life does. Unleashed life works on healing rain too but unleashed fury doesnt and also in answer to the op question unleashed life does further increase the healing of chain heal on a riptide target
    edit: just tested it and unleashed fury does work on riptide and the hot
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-11-27 at 05:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    I think unleashed fury also buffs riptide, riptide is a direct heal after all just with a hot afterwards, The amount the hot heals depends on the strength of the initial heal too so unleashed fury wud also increase the hot strength
    Unleashed fury doesnt affect chain heal but unleashed life does. Unleashed life works on healing rain too but unleashed fury doesnt and also in answer to the op question unleashed life does further increase the healing of chain heal on a riptide target
    edit: just tested it and unleashed fury does work on riptide and the hot
    You're right, UF improves also RT direct heal, I connected to check.

I edited the post.
    Last edited by pouca; 2012-11-27 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks pouca for testing em