Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ranking on WoL as a resto druid these days is like... I don't know. Feels like special olympics. At least in 25m it does. There are 24 druids and 89 disc priests ranked on Empress, 68 druids and 143 paladins on Unsok, etc. You get the trend. Even if you do 1k hps you get into top 100
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    It's not rerolling to maximize hps. In a raid, hps matters, but so does CDs, synergy, regen, and niches. WoL means little in looking where classes stand. Majority of WoL ranking after the bosses are on farm are either gimmicky to push someones hps as high as they can, or people will just be high because they are outgearing/farming content and they can drop healers making hps skyrocket.

WoL ranking is good to see averages. If one fight all top 20 are holy priests, you can see that they are powerful on that fight....for hps. In the past we have been able to easily top and rank WoL while being almost useless for the fight outside of pure hps.
    I was curious how well he was performing. Doing good in your own raid group might not guarantee that you are a top tier druid. So wanted some kind of conformation that he actually did rank on WoL. And yes there are more to a fight then pure hps, but having other classes fill the gap where I can't is something we are doing atm in my guild and it's working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    A lot of hardcore raiding druids are rerolling because they can play another class as well as their druid, or even less skilled than they play their druid, and bring more hps, more CDs, more utility. Druids have a very narrow niche, so narrow that even fights they are amazing on hps wise, bringing another class is perfectly fine and probably even better for certain phases.

Does everyone need to sit their druids? No. Did a ton of the top guilds druids reroll? Yes? All of them? No. Would they probably bring better...everything if they had switched? Sadly, probably. Like him, I did. I've played my druid since early BC and have been high ranking and trying to perfect since then, but I knew I'd still probably find more success on someone else...and I did. I can play my druid almost perfectly in an encounter and beat her in every way on another healing class that isn't even close to mastered.
    Basically this. Since a lot of the hardcore raiders reroll to other classes it's a sign the druids need some kind of buff / rework that we should get in the near future. Switching my main from classic to reroll to what is currently concidered a stronger class is something I'm not keen on doing. Also seeing as I'm not holding my guild back because I'm a druid even with the lack of tools compared to other classes I don't feel the need to do so.
    I think with druids being abit weaker just puts me on the spot with me having to perform each raid and I really like that kind of challenge.

Just to give you some food for thought. There are two guilds in top 10 that didn't use resto druids on progression. That basically gives you an idea on how good druids are.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    Druids are fine at the moment. We're not weak at all. We bring a lot of utility, great burst healing and really competitive HPS. Sure, we might not be the strongest, but we're totally fine for all the current fights.
    Fine??? srsly?

Have you looked at WOL for the past 2 month?

FYI, any heals will out heal a resto druid.

No offence, but by what you've just said, i'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefzor View Post
    I was curious how well he was performing. Doing good in your own raid group might not guarantee that you are a top tier druid. So wanted some kind of conformation that he actually did rank on WoL. And yes there are more to a fight then pure hps, but having other classes fill the gap where I can't is something we are doing atm in my guild and it's working fine.

Basically this. Since a lot of the hardcore raiders reroll to other classes it's a sign the druids need some kind of buff / rework that we should get in the near future. Switching my main from classic to reroll to what is currently concidered a stronger class is something I'm not keen on doing. Also seeing as I'm not holding my guild back because I'm a druid even with the lack of tools compared to other classes I don't feel the need to do so.
    I think with druids being abit weaker just puts me on the spot with me having to perform each raid and I really like that kind of challenge.
    Don't switch unless you have to or you are just really interested in another healing class. If you can play and keep up enough you are worth bringing don't feel like you need to stop playing the class you like. The only people who really *need* to switch are guilds who were in the high end raiding race or guilds who are having a lot of trouble.

Plenty of high guilds are/were taking rdruids, they may have just not taken them to every fight. Every tier is like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drefzor View Post
    I think with druids being abit weaker .
    Guess not being able to raid half the time during heroic progression is what you so called "a bit weaker".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irzerg View Post
    Fine??? srsly?

Have you looked at WOL for the past 2 month?

FYI, any heals will out heal a resto druid.

No offence, but by what you've just said, i'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.
    I never said we are the best healers, and I never said we aren't the worst. All I said is that we are fine, and we are. Sure, we could use a buff, but resto druids can heal all the current fights perfectly well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    I never said we are the best healers, and I never said we aren't the worst. All I said is that we are fine, and we are. Sure, we could use a buff, but resto druids can heal all the current fights perfectly well.
    if we are not the worst healers, who are?

priests? lol, no.
    paladin? lol, no.
    shaman? lol, no.
    Monk? even after nerfs, no.

so... whos the worse healer?

Druids are the worst healers right now. But throughput is not really a good reason to reroll because even as the worst healers they are still pretty good imo. Mop just made the spec braindead, lifebloom 15 sec, harmony 20 sec, they simply destroyed nourish and healing touch too so you were just left there with 4-5 buttons to use and that is not fun. Mushrooms are just a bad addition and obviously they just felt like being creative and created a heal version of mushrooms for resto.. and because they didn't want to change anything about the rotation they simply made the skill horrible.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2012-12-05 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post

priests? lol, no.
    paladin? lol, no.
    shaman? lol, no.

Shamans aren't that great on 10 mans where ppl are spread out or moving a lot...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post

priests? lol, no.
    paladin? lol, no.
    shaman? lol, no.

Read my post again and then try to write something that makes sense, please.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Shamans aren't that great on 10 mans where ppl are spread out or moving a lot...
    Because they can't take advantage of how strong Healing Rain is. Same issue for resto druids apply to our Efflorescence, except we don't have the luxury of placing it wherever we feel like so long as it's casting range, nor do we have the size/duration bonus. On the flipside, Rejuv blanketing and WG are a bit stronger in 10 man compared to 25 in that regard.

But other than shamans in 10 man, I can't think of any other healing spec in 10/25 that doesn't slap us silly without trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Because they can't take advantage of how strong Healing Rain is. Same issue for resto druids apply to our Efflorescence, except we don't have the luxury of placing it wherever we feel like so long as it's casting range, nor do we have the size/duration bonus. On the flipside, Rejuv blanketing and WG are a bit stronger in 10 man compared to 25 in that regard.

But other than shamans in 10 man, I can't think of any other healing spec in 10/25 that doesn't slap us silly without trying.
    I must play with bads because I tend to do okay without really trying, normally a few k short of my paladin healer but paladins are ridiculous right now, Discs since the buff also destroy me on some fights. Fix mushrooms and we have a winner imo.
    Last edited by mmoc80aa88b997; 2012-12-06 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    I must play with bads because I tend to do okay without really trying, normally a few k short of my paladin healer but paladins are ridiculous right now, Discs since the buff also destroy me on some fights. Fix mushrooms and we have a winner imo.
    Do you raid 10 or 25, and what healing comp do you use? One thing that might be biasing my views is that we're probably overhealing some fights

Based off what I've seen in 25 man; on semi-raid heavy damage and hard to stack fights the disparity starts to fade away between the various healing specs. Fights lacking that for the most part on normal (to me at least):

MSV: Feng, Spirit Kings (after first), Elegon, Will of the Emperor

HoF: Vizier (only notice healing if people get hit by Attenuation and in Force and Verve), Blade Lord (phase 1) Wind Lord, Amber Shaper (unless someone explodes and phase 2)

ToES: Protectors and Lei Shi. Can't comment on Sha of Fear as we haven't attempted on normal yet, though I hear that first couple of world kills were done with resto druids, so probably favors us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Can't comment on Sha of Fear as we haven't attempted on normal yet, though I hear that first couple of world kills were done with resto druids, so probably favors us.
    For Sha, most of the time the healer is not moving (except when hes doing a platform, but still not moving that much)... I wouldn't bet resto druid being favored...

For Sha, most of the time the healer is not moving (except when hes doing a platform, but still not moving that much)... I wouldn't bet resto druid being favored...
    True, but the raid as a whole isn't always stacked in the safe area due to constantly spawning adds in the Breath of Fear region.

Sha of Fear HC is a very different fight from normal though. Well, it's like normal mode + an extra fight in an entirely different location and lots of kiting from what I hear. I think that's where resto druids shine, in P2. Method had 2 on their World First kill and one of their members told me druids were really effective there.
    Ashr

Druids on Sha of Fear heroic are good because Tranquility heals the debuffs. You can just as well stack resto shamans with tranq totem (vodka had 4 on the kill, for example) or holy priests. Sha isn't exactly healing intensive unless you 4 heal it, which has no point right now after so many weeks. If you look at all the top guild setups, you will likely see 3 healers being druid+holy priest+shaman or any combination of these. Some guilds didn't use resto druids, because they haven't got any in their roster (yeah, that's how good druids are atm).
    Actually it's the other way round ;p You hardly move when you are on the platform and run around like a crazy chicken on the Sha big platform. P2 is fairly stationary.
    Last edited by Torty; 2012-12-07 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto druids are perfectly fine where they are. My raid no longer makes use of our monk healer so it is just myself and a holy paladin, and well I leave him in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankzu View Post
    Resto druids are perfectly fine where they are. My raid no longer makes use of our monk healer so it is just myself and a holy paladin, and well I leave him in the dust.
    With all due respect, posts like these don't say much to me at all. It is evident that resto druids are falling behind in high end raiding this tier where 90% of the fights favour other classes, and this is the only place where it matters because guilds at this level will bench their druids for others.

Can a druid heal every fight this tier? Yes, of course we can. Are other classes more effective or bring more to the encounters than us in our current state? Yes again, and therein lies the problem. My guild is nowhere near the top 20 at the moment but we raid pretty seriously. I opt to sit out on many fights because it's simply quicker and easier for raid progression to take other classes.
    Ashr