Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    They really weren't creative creating monks at all, they pretty much copied the role of other specs. MW = Resto Druid(better version), Windwalker = Rogue, Brewmaster = Dk(better version)

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    I just don't understand why doing 3 maybe 5k hps less then another healer is a bad thing. It's really not a big deal. Besides, who is on the cutting edge of progression now?
    It's a big deal for people still progressing on bosses with heavy healing requirements. Our Paladin's ALT priest is consistently doing 10k HPS more than me, pull after pull. Our regular disc stopped raiding a few days ago, or else we'd be using him in the fights as well and he'd probably do the same healing, if not more. Who do you think would have to sit out to make room for him? Either me or our Shaman on spread fights.

In their current state, Disc Priests are able to stack shields bigger than my total unbuffed HP with Spirit Shell followed by Divine Aegis (not together but in rapid succession). Their Rapture mana returns are also much better, with our priest going into add phase of Shek'zeer HC with almost full mana while I'm struggling a bit. Yes, I can heal every fight but from the raid's point of view, a disc priest just makes things easier. Since we're still trying to get the best ranks we can, we will go with what is more efficient.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-12-10 at 10:33 PM.
    Ashr

How is that 5k hps? If you are raiding with retards, it doesn't mean it's only that small of a difference. Check WoL, disc priests are doing ~20-30k more hps than druids on aoe fights like Garalon, Empress, WotE, etc. On some bosses my alt priest in 475 ilvl (with shit blue trinkets and 483 weapon) is doing more hps than my main resto druid in 500 ilvl (2/2 upgraded WotE trinket and DMC with 502 weapon). There's around 5k spellpower difference between my 2 characters. That pretty much says it all.

I pretty much stopped bothering with checking logs or skada after we killed Sha. It's just depressing to be so retardedly useless.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

I dont get out healed by 30k hps and im sure you don't either.

Deleted
    Resto druids are fine for raid, if people turn you away there morons. I can easily do the most healing if i push myself, Role > Numbers.

I play a resto druid and I don't think where bad at all. We just have terrible burst healing compared to say pally's and monks. If you use your Omen of Clarity procs right. you get free regrowths or healing waves. I usually top all charts or come close with overall healing maybe not HPS. I think just the very OP pally healing needs to calmed down a little other than that i like the way my resto druid is working out.

Deleted
    Don't build a team on what the people who race like mad to the top, raid and have fun.

It's probably been said, but I've always felt that a resto druid's main healing role is raid stabilization, which is different from raw, sustained output. And to me, it's a lot of fun. I tried Pally healing, but I just couldn't get into it. I feel like resto druids have a solid place in good raiding comps, but when they play to their strengths, they really need to be complemented by healers with better burst that can top folks off in heavy damage situations once the druid stops the bleeding.

I think resto druids should hold their own as I expect them to scale well with haste and mastery as we get further into the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    I dont get out healed by 30k hps and im sure you don't either.
    Empress a week ago http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-61...=17742&e=18593
    Garalon http://worldoflogs.com/reports/gfg8f...lls&boss=63667
    Garalon two weeks ago http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9g...?s=3084&e=3494

Again, if disc priest in your raid is completely shit and can't play, it doesn't mean all disc priests are like that. You can also check median hps on aoe fights like Empress and Garalon yourself
    disc priests on empress - resto druids on empress
    (make a note how many disc priests are ranked and how many resto druids are ranked, and try to figure out why it is so)
    disc priests garalon - resto druids on garalon
    Resto druids are fine for raid, if people turn you away there morons. I can easily do the most healing if i push myself, Role > Numbers.
    So you just called 9 out of 10 guilds in top10 25m raiding scene morons. Hilarious. If you can easily do the most healing, I suggest we do one LFR together, I will drag our disc priest with me. Might be some new experience for you, when he crushes you doing twice your healing.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    Empress a week ago http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-61...=17742&e=18593
    Garalon http://worldoflogs.com/reports/gfg8f...lls&boss=63667
    Garalon two weeks ago http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9g...?s=3084&e=3494

Again, if disc priest in your raid is completely shit and can't play, it doesn't mean all disc priests are like that. You can also check median hps on aoe fights like Empress and Garalon yourself
    disc priests on empress - resto druids on empress
    (make a note how many disc priests are ranked and how many resto druids are ranked, and try to figure out why it is so)
    disc priests garalon - resto druids on garalon

So you just called 9 out of 10 guilds in top10 25m raiding scene morons. Hilarious. If you can easily do the most healing, I suggest we do one LFR together, I will drag our disc priest with me. Might be some new experience for you, when he crushes you doing twice your healing.

Pretty much this. While the disc in my guild is under geared compared to the rest of us, it's retarded to not take him. Anyone claiming a r.druid can out heal a competent disc is plain lying. Don't heal with a monk but out of the other healers a shaman appeares to be at the right level with hps / CDs available. I'll be happy to have some buffs to make us more inline with the other healers.

The problem with Rdruids is the ease of healsniping from other healers.

Unlike previous expansions, we're losing our synergy with other healers, where direct heals and HoT effects actually worked well together.
    Now the amount of burst direct healing there is just puts HoT effects in shame.

I have no problem with the Monk class, but they have some of the biggest Fuck You stuff against druids.
    Uplift + RM. Applying great multi target smart HoT effect, with the option to drop a massive instant healing effect on whoever affected by RM HoT.
    Revival aswell puts Tranquility to shame.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Id like to see some kinda 40-60sec CD healing spell that can just give us a bit more burst AOE healing... not strong enuff to be classed as a raid cd like tranq, but not as weak as WG that its ignored and mostly overhealing. something similar to say halo that has the potential to do like 80-90k burst healin on everyone, but i guess thats wot our new mushrooms are.... its a real shame u cant place them on people tho, would maek them a lot better

If druids are where Blizz wants them, hb a mana regen nerf to Discs and hPally. They can keep their big heals but cant cast them that often? Maybe it will give rdruid hots a chance to tick more before tehy are sniped. Just an idea