Monk newbie... please advice!

Hi guys!

This is my char: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B.../hero/28440216

My char is OK and as far I as noticed I can make it really better! Can you guys please let me know what is the BEST monk build? I mean, I want to kill fast as possible to farm quicker.

I have tried some changes (skills only) using that same gear but all the time I feel like I am doing just the same kill rate.

Please, I dont understand much about monks, I have made lots of searches and I cant find a veredict, its just monk to bad or I am doing it wrong?

Thanks alot!!!

Deleted
    Battle.net is down, so can't view your profile.

I found this build a lot of fun.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...fXh!UdW!ZccYbc

Can swap Evasion / Backlash for Conviction / Overawe

Evasion with Backlash is fun because every time you dodge, the thing you dodged will explode. Since this build has a lot of dodge, a lot of exploding will happen. You can use Fists of Thunder with Lightning Flash if you want even more dodge instead of attack speed. Exploding Palm gives even more explosion goodness.

All you have to do is pop sweeping winds, wander into a massive group of things, and start them burning and exploding and being zapped by your tornadoes.

Make sure to stack your crit chance as high as you can. Note that this build deals a lot of Fire damage, if you're using fire resistance for your One with Everything resistance, try to pick up a high dps Burning Axe of Sankis with maxed + %damage to Fire skills. It's a really good axe.
    Last edited by mmoc2526a559a9; 2012-11-27 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Battle.net is down, so can't view your profile.

I found this build a lot of fun.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...fXh!UdW!ZccYbc

Can swap Evasion / Backlash for Conviction / Overawe

Evasion with Backlash is fun because every time you dodge, the thing you dodged will explode. Since this build has a lot of dodge, a lot of exploding will happen. You can use Fists of Thunder with Lightning Flash if you want even more dodge instead of attack speed. Exploding Palm gives even more explosion goodness.

All you have to do is pop sweeping winds, wander into a massive group of things, and start them burning and exploding and being zapped by your tornadoes.

Make sure to stack your crit chance as high as you can. Note that this build deals a lot of Fire damage, if you're using fire resistance for your One with Everything resistance, try to pick up a high dps Burning Axe of Sankis with maxed + %damage to Fire skills. It's a really good axe.
    Damnnnnnnnn that sounds really good and fun man. As soon as server comes back up, I will try it

About my gear, do you think I need to change it alot besides that axe you mentioned?

I wonder how much HP, Attack speed and resist should I have to run it.

Thanks once more!!!!

EDIT: Just saw that axe is one hand, so what about the other? Shield? 2 axes? Thanks!
    Last edited by Pepehands; 2012-11-27 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    You can use whatever you like in the offhand. I seem to recall it being mentioned that a dagger is a good offhand for a monk - you need to have very fast attacks. Try to get one with lifesteal, crit damage and a socket.

A quick glance at your gear suggests that while overall it's good, your crit chance is very low. Out of helm, bracers, gloves, rings and amulet only your helm and gloves have crit chance. See if you can upgrade the other bits to add crit chance on them. Your rare ring and amulet should be upgradeable without too much trouble. On the amulet you might have to go for crit chance / crit damage or crit chance /attack speed, as getting all three will cost a huge amount.
    Last edited by mmoc2526a559a9; 2012-11-27 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks alot once more!!!!

Gonna try it in few minutes