Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

No PvP power healing nerf for hybrids in 5.1?

Cant seem to find it, wasnt it supposed to go live in 5.1? I really can not wait for it...

Was wondering this myself, asked in the news thread but no one knew last I checked.

They also haven't said anything about lowering TfB to 3 stacks instead of 5 in the patch notes. Oh, and there is more PvP power on weapon tooltips for 5.1.

I think the hybrid nerf was meant to happen in 5.1, we'll probably see a post in a couple days saying it either got scrapped and moved to 5.2 or it has been put live but not documented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    They also haven't said anything about lowering TfB to 3 stacks instead of 5 in the patch notes. Oh, and there is more PvP power on weapon tooltips for 5.1.

I think the hybrid nerf was meant to happen in 5.1, we'll probably see a post in a couple days saying it either got scrapped and moved to 5.2 or it has been put live but not documented.
    Only problem with the hybrid pvp power nerf is that some classes will hurt a lot more under it than others. Think about hotw resto druids, ele shamans, hpala shock spec (even though idc about them) while the only real problem is spriest right now.

I'm just curious how the pvp power nerf will affect my balance druid/feral druid their rejuvenation ticks :/
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2012-11-27 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Only problem with the hybrid pvp power nerf is that some classes will hurt a lot more under it than others. Think about hotw resto druids, ele shamans, hpala shock spec (even though idc about them) while the only real problem is spriest right now.

I'm just curious how the pvp power nerf will affect my balance druid/feral druid their rejuvenation ticks :/
    dps healing across the board needs nerfed, but essentially take your pvp power divid it by half and then is how much your healing as dps druid will be nerfed (pvp power is already 50% effective for heals)

Deleted
    They should just nerf spriest healing, not blanked nerf all hybrids healing and healers dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    (pvp power is already 50% effective for heals)
    Eeehhh, what?

Deleted
    I guess they just delayed it in order to bring out 5.1 sooner.

First they will focus on bugs on live then we'll probably see another mini patch in a few weeks. But that's just me being optimistic.

This is a much needed pvp fix, of course we won't see it for 2-3 patches.

If they don't do it at least we'll know that it got scrapped because instead of doing a blanket nerf they will go through each specific class/spec which is the right thing to do anyway. I was looking forward to this change though.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    If pvpers want too see broken mechanics hurting PvP fixed they need to PvE really hard and find ways to exploit the mighty cpu enemies with it. It will be hotfixed the same night.

We will soon get an update that says:

Unfortunately, due to some issues, the inclusion of the Spriest healing reduction affected by pvp power and all mage nerfs will need to be delayed, possibly until patch 5.2 or 7.1, we havent fully decided yet. Please continue to give us monies.

I doubt they will even try to fix anything this expac. Don't get your hopes up for balance changes.

If what this poster says is accurate then I think the nerf is live:

i have approximately 13,000 pvp power for both feral and resto on my druid, the absolute values on the gems didn't changethe pvp power percentages are: 50% damage, 0% healing in feral spec 25% healing, 0% damage in resto specthat's roughly a 10% increase for feral and a 15% decrease for resto.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0302098?page=1

So that guy says his feral alt is getting zero extra pvp healing from pvp power, which is what the nerf was supposed to be. Maybe they are just trying to keep people from getting mad about it by leaving it out of the patch notes.

For what its worth when I hover over the PvP power stat it says:
    40.97% Damage
    0.00% Healing

Not sure what it said before. Not sure if worth anything.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i believe they were just nerfing the healing from hybrid classes individually, not pvp power overall.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i believe they were just nerfing the healing from hybrid classes individually, not pvp power overall.
    They said they were considering disabling pvp power benefitting outside your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    They said they were considering disabling pvp power benefitting outside your spec.
    This. Definitely confirmed, as a Holy Pal my shocks and Prisms are hitting for like 9k, and in Ret my Flashes/WoGs were substantially less as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hybrid healing nerf via pvp power not double dipping is live. Pre-patch hovering over pvp power said an equal percent (depending on how much you had obviously) of +% damage and +% healing. Post-patch it only increases my spriests +% damage on hover, +% healing is still there but says 0% despite having 50% damage bonus from pvp power.

Pre-patch Flash Heal with full pvp power stacking healed for 55-60k. Post-patch it heals for 40-45k. So a big nerf definitely did occur.

What I do find odd is that the math there isn't adding up right. I was expecting it to land around 37-40k post-patch (currently landing at 40-45k). Maybe I'm just not privy to Blizzards order of operations though. Still, big nerf - it's in. Flash Heal now heals for 19-33% less - be happy you hybrid haters ;p
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yvaelle, walk in and out of a dungeon with the flash heal. Inside a dungeon you won't gain pvp power, outside you will. I didn't see this in the patch notes, and am surprised if it is live.

Your theory is that the flash will be identical in both cases. It sounds like it may be affecting it partially, or something?