Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Help! Corsair M90 mouse buttons are tough

I just got my Corsair M90. And I love the feeling, the grip, the movements. Some may complain it's too heavy and not adjustable... I'm one of these weird guys who prefers it even heavier XD

But but but, the mouse buttons for the thumb are really freaking tough. They are so hard to press that it just strains your muscles. Yesterday I had to press the push to talk button (located at the thumb), for like 5 minutes and after releasing it, my hand was almost numb. Also during the tournaments in gw2 there is no time to rely on these buttons and I actually bought it for that.

Does anyone have a solution for these tough buttons, or should I return to the store within my 8 day no good guarantee? I would not like it since everything else is perfect. Just these damn buttons.

Deleted
    use them more so you thumb get stronger and the springs in the buttons are klicked to death

Deleted
    Yeah, I thought about it too, that the buttons might get smoother over time. So I'd like to hear it from a corsair user since I don't know how good the springs are. And I will get RSI before my thumb is strong enough to easily press them XD

I have the same mouse and i never had any issues with the buttons and how hard they are to press, they seem to press just like any other mouse. i think you should either swap it for a different one (see if the one u got was a dud) or hold on to it and just get use to it and let the mouse's buttons slowly adjust to ur press's (like what Coldarian said)

Deleted
    I'll try and see if they have a display model in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vita Cordes View Post
    I'll try and see if they have a display model in the shop.
    If they dont you can probably swap it for the same mouse and see if that one you got was just a dud and if so just keep the newer one. that is what i do if something seems fishy to me, swap it for the same one and if there is no improvement then return it and try a different brand/model.
    Last edited by staples; 2012-11-27 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    I'll update you when I have returned thanks for the golden tip.

I never felt as if they were very hard to press. I did have a hard time getting use to using the rear thumb buttons.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either you got a weird mouse that is not up to spec or you're weak. :P I personally don't find mine are hard or anything to press, rather sometimes one of them (the big middle one) doesn't want to reply on the first click.

I personally use F2 for push-to-talk though. Far less of a problem. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the buttons hard to press at first too, rather rigid, but it only took me a few days and I was used to it. Most of what you lack is the correct coordination to have your thumb etc. push the right way to get the button to react. Once you get past that uncomfortable, uninitiated few days and know better where the buttons are and how to press them you should be doing fine.

Deleted
    Well, my previous mouse was a Logitech G500 and the push to talk was also set on the side. I can't go without that. And I need my full left hand on my movability. I can't have that I need to press a button for an extended period of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my previous mouse was a Logitech G500 and the push to talk was also set on the side. I can't go without that. And I need my full left hand on my movability. I can't have that I need to press a button for an extended period of time.
    If I could change my ways and still be able to move around with WASD and hold down F2, anyone can.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Now press space-bar, number 2,3,4 and f2 at the same time and switch very quickly between the key's wasd. If you can your hand is too supple

10+ Year Old Account
    I've learned to treat my hand well. For what purpose do you need the space bar though?

It isn't PIVOTAL that you jump all the time, you know. :P
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I know, but not one step might disrupt me from running around. So it always needs to be ready (I'm doing paid tournaments, so every hindrance can be critical in a win or lose)

10+ Year Old Account
    Paid tournaments yet you went to the store to get a mouse? I call fake. It's okay to not be getting paid/endorsed and still like doing PVP, don't worry.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went from a Logitech G5 v1 to a Corsair M90 and I found the buttons to be much harder to press as well. You quickly get used to it, though. I don't even notice it now (though I only really use the back button anyways)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Paid tournaments yet you went to the store to get a mouse? I call fake. It's okay to not be getting paid/endorsed and still like doing PVP, don't worry.
    You even quoted the message and you already forgot that that I already had a good mouse? But I wanted a mouse with more and better placed buttons. And I said I was playing paid tournament in guild wars 2... It does not mean I get paid in real life, but it's the highest difficulty pvp match you can have in guild wars 2. And to make it easier I needed the mouse. You should not distrust someone so fast.
    If you don't believe me I can send a screen shot of a win. (character name air steigalkind, server vabbi, class fcking ranger )

---

And as a reply to the other people, the store I got it from is out of town. So I searched within the town but I couldn't find it. I will go to the store next Saturday if I still don't get used to it like Lypo said. Thanks for the reply's

10+ Year Old Account
    You even quoted the message and you already forgot that that I already had a good mouse?
    I was referring to where in your first post you said you had gone to the store and bought a mouse.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yea he lost me on this one too, Tournaments basically hand you equipment these days this is not O.G. CS tournaments or UT2004. Idk about guildwars 2 at all but Paid tournament implies being paid, I wouldnt say anyone paid me anything if I got virtual in game currency. I'd think this is king of an opinion based question tho because what is not considered a stiff button to deltrus could infact be like bench pressing a bag of bricks to another person. Now obviously if its like intensely difficult to click a button feels like their is resistance that just shouldnt be there then you may have a defective product.

Side note: If you were playing in any tournament for money or fun grabbing a new mouse that you have never used b4 would nearly 100% be a hindrance to your performance. Muscle memory is a pvp key tool.