Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.1 - lynx rush getting buffed or nerfed?

Lynx Rush has been changed. Lynx Rush is now a bleed effect that causes damage every 3 seconds over a period of 15 seconds, and stacks up to 9 times.

is this a buff or nerf to lynx rush?

the bleed design was scrapped, they just lowered the total damage it does now. So it was a nerf for its burst capabilities.

So is it even worth taking LR now?

I'm incredibly angry about this change. I HATE AMoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    the bleed design was scrapped, they just lowered the total damage it does now. So it was a nerf for its burst capabilities.
    Source...? It clearly says in the front page official notes "Lynx Rush is now a bleed effect..."

I believe LR is semi close to what it was pre-5.1, but not quite there, in total damage (burst aside). AMoC should pretty much be preferred in most cases now, with maybe blink strike seeing more use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer

Nerf

blink strike is the way to go and the good think about blink strike (No focus cost, low CD)

Quote Originally Posted by eLPachuukko View Post
    Nerf

blink strike is the way to go and the good think about blink strike (No focus cost, low CD)
    For PVP you are probably right.

For PVE it's still all AMOC all the time.

Ah, on my comment about the bleed being scrapped, it was on the second to latest PTR build. Guess they went back with the bleed.

aMoC will be best for fights where you can utilize it to the fullest, otherwise Blink Strike I guess?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Definitely not true, it's 100% a bleed effect now.

its a small amount more damage then it was before... so if you used it before still use it just pay attention to the dot... its not hard but still more friendly then AMoC

AMoC is about a 500 DPS gain over LR ONLY if used perfectly.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is, now there's no point in using it on adds that won't live 15 seconds. It's also has much worse synergy with readiness now. And I'm guessing that any time there's more than 1 target, it becomes a big nerf.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    AMOC is harder to use but better dps, if the target is a boss or add that is alive (and not immune) for the full duration of AMOC. With readiness this doubles the time so, for full duration x2 = 60seconds.

LynxRush is easier to use but less dps and the target needs only 15s to be alive, 30s with readiness.

So not making a very sustained math on it we can come to the conclusion that AMOC is better for nearly all boss fights, with Lynx rush equal or slightly better on fights with target switch or adds or the boss has immune mechanics.

Also, AMOC takes slightly more skill to use to its fullest due to the high focus cost while lynx rush is easier to use all-round.

I generaly prefer Lynx Rush because i'm "slighly" lazy

I prefer AMoC now, after having LR get rather too picky on certain fights. As an example, try using it on the Behemoth in the first GL daily area. Often have trouble getting it to work on Ook-ook as well.

For PvE, I'd say LR is a slight nerf because you can't use it right away after using Readiness (well, you can but the stacks will already be at the cap). For PvP it's now a burst nerf and the PvE nerf in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    For PvE, I'd say LR is a slight nerf because you can't use it right away after using Readiness (well, you can but the stacks will already be at the cap). For PvP it's now a burst nerf and the PvE nerf in one.
    What is the new ideal spacing between LR readiness LR since the bleed caps at nine stacks. How long after casting one do you need to not clip stacks with the 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoangel View Post
    What is the new ideal spacing between LR readiness LR since the bleed caps at nine stacks. How long after casting one do you need to not clip stacks with the 2nd?
    However long it takes for the bleeds to fall off? Unless the bleeds are spread around multiple targets.

It will probably be around 19 seconds from the initial cast for a single target 9 stack bleed to fall (15 second bleed duration, pet applies them over 4s duration). But does it matter? Use the second when it won't be wasted and the first is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    However long it takes for the bleeds to fall off? Unless the bleeds are spread around multiple targets.

It will probably be around 19 seconds from the initial cast for a single target 9 stack bleed to fall (15 second bleed duration, pet applies them over 4s duration). But does it matter? Use the second when it won't be wasted and the first is done.
    It matters to me. It will help me determine how best to handle the burst phase at the top of a fight. It informs other questions like how to stack as much of LR as possible with rapid fire, bestial wrath, trinket procs, pots, etc....

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 07:36 AM ----------

It matters to me. It will help me determine how best to handle the burst phase at the top of a fight. It informs other questions like how to stack as much of LR as possible with rapid fire, bestial wrath, trinket procs, pots, etc....
    Also, would it make sense to start the 2nd LR just as the 1st one starts shedding stacks so as the first one fades out, the 2nd one fades in....keeping the transition at 9 stacks? Is that even possible?

Also, would it make sense to start the 2nd LR just as the 1st one starts shedding stacks so as the first one fades out, the 2nd one fades in....keeping the transition at 9 stacks? Is that even possible?
    If it stacks the same way everything else stacks in this game, all 9 will fall off simultaneously. I would think it does some sort of Ignite-stacking type deal, where each new stack rolls in the remaining damage the previous debuff had left and recalculates the ticks, but I don't really know exactly how it works mechanically. But I seriously doubt it puts up 9 separate bleed effects on the target, and I don't think the game supports a stacking debuff having different durations per "stack".

Deleted
    so, i still havent figured it out. What comes out as higher dps in 5.1? AMOC or LR?

Kind Regards

AMOC is still better.