MOP RBGS Target Calling Guide

removed my post - thank the moderator darksith
    Last edited by cerebro; 2013-02-11 at 04:30 PM.

Thats a fair high level overview and using this as a basis would steer people on the right track. My question to you is, What medium do you use to communicate? Vent, skype, mumble? I find getting people to Skype is sometimes a hassle lasting up to 30-45 minutes. I personally use skype but only because others require it. But i have PTT enabled so I use it no different than i use vent.

Just wondering what your exp is.

Only problem I have right now is what healers should I target? Monks destroy our healers on healing nearly every game, we could barely land a kill at 2100 mmr and the other team was double monk rdruid at 1950.

And please, if you're going to recommend an addon to keep track of buffs - use PowerAuras. TukUI is just disgusting to look at. ElvUI isn't much better. You really don't even need PowerAuras.
    Last edited by Malgru; 2012-11-27 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Tukui/Elv UI opinions are subjective. I'm using ElvUI and i think it's great and very beautiful. Xperl raidframes on the other hand is messy as hell, sure it gives alot of information, but its too much and it just doesnt make me get the info in with so many details.

the utter simplicity of target calling is the quick calling followed by a team of quick reactors... the target caller can be as good as he wants, if the rest of the team arent quick to switch he may as well of not said anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    And please, if you're going to recommend an addon to keep track of buffs - use PowerAuras. TukUI is just disgusting to look at. ElvUI isn't much better. You really don't even need PowerAuras.
    power auras is good up to a point. i think plate buffs, or icicle is probably better though since you can show buffs/debuffs on targets you are not directly targeting.

tuk and elv really aren't good for pvpers. a moment of interface lag can win or lose a match for you, thats not nearly as much as risk in pve. generally you are better off if you can function with as few addons as possible.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Maybe another really nice addon is icicle, it shows what targets have certain immunity cooldowns up, so you know not to target them.
    Also get an addon that shows DR on stuns/silences on your target, it is a good idea to swap to a target which doesn't have to many DR's
    Also for me (I lead RBG at hoth/2400+ level) your targetcalling would be much to agresive, because I (as the leader) really want to be able to make myself heard.
    Also calling out when you get juked is just skype clutter, people should be focussing on controling/interupting the other healers rather then the one your targeting, which wont be getting many casts of anyways.
    It also helps to have people call out suggestions for targets who may be out of position or better then your own, as long as its clear your the one making the descisions, because it is often hard to keep a full overview of things.
    Another recommendation would be to have a pretty big BattlegroundTargets with responsive health (or w/e its called) enabled so you can see things going low.
    Also if your going to switch for a FC, make sure you let people know abit before that so they can save up cooldowns.
    Also if your going to do aoe grip-->ursols vortex-->ring-->(Solarbeam)-->Chaos Waves, ask your warlocks/mages/druids if they have their cooldowns up before calling, if they dont (within 10 secs) keep of the call untill they can actually burst with you.
    As a DK, you can also doublegrip, so if you grip a target in and want to grip it further, just run back abit and tell people not to root it for maximum efficiency.
    Also, why are you so fond of melees calling targets? some of the best groups in the world have ranged calling targets, just as long as they keep in mind that the melee has a maximum reach.
    Also rogues really shouldn't use bombs on anything other then FC's on WSG/TP, generally I dont like playing with rogues since they are so squishy and are easily trained

This guide would also be better if there was actually a list of viable/nonviable targets in it, the rest of what you say is prettymuch common sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I think your post was unnecessary, and really does not give an constructiveness towards the goal of this post; Which is to educate people who are new to being a Target Caller, or want to help out their existing target caller improve. While I could go point by point tearing down your post im not going to do that because it would be a waste of my time. I will say this, just because something is obvious to you it does not mean its obvious to everyone else. Using that logic, the only mistake I made was assuming that a person would know to make sure to have mage/lock cd's available to combine the AOE Grip.

My post was just about as constructive as your ever going to see, I made a very good addition to what was already posted in your OP (which wasn't bad, just abit incomplete), if you want to go point by point, absolutely feel free to do so because I might even learn something.

My post wasn't meant to insult or belittle your post in any way or shape, just do add to it, hell in the first sentence of your post you stated you wanted constructive criticism on your post, well there it is, feel free to do with it what you like

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I think your post was unnecessary, and really does not give an constructiveness towards the goal of this post; Which is to educate people who are new to being a Target Caller, or want to help out their existing target caller improve. While I could go point by point tearing down your post im not going to do that because it would be a waste of my time. I will say this, just because something is obvious to you it does not mean its obvious to everyone else. Using that logic, the only mistake I made was assuming that a person would know to make sure to have mage/lock cd's available to combine the AOE Grip.
    Pretty much every single word in Hypermode's post was either constructive critisism or things that he/she has experienced himself, just as you asked for so you should be careful with the your tone

On topic tough: I regard casters as good callers as any other class part from healers. As a caster you can generally create a better overview over a situation than a melee player can as you're not in the hot spot in the same way. Guess it all boils down to personal preferance though

Deleted
    I lead and target call my own RBGS, this guide is not directed torwards players who are experienced and above 2200
    Hmm really good job on doing both the leading and the target calling, last time I did that was in season 9 and I noticed that because I had to think about strategy aswell as target calling either one of them wouldn't be the best, it might be worth it trying to get someone else to lead while you call targets or someone else to call targets while you lead, ofcourse since you are pugging this might not be possible all of the time.

Communication is key in killing things, them knowing i cant interrupt the next heal has made the difference in landing kills.
    While I agree that communication is key, most healers that are being trained wont be standing there casting any heals, and even if they are everyone should be trying to interupt anyways.
    The again, most of the time you swap on healers they will try to kite back while using their instants/cooldowns to keep themselves alive, I think it is more important that your ranged interupt the other healers while you swap, since they will be trowing out the casted heals to keep their teammate alive.

Having to many people suggest targets just causes confusion, I took on the job to target call so its my responsibility to see those over extended targets. You run into trouble when u have to many chiefs and not enough indians.
    I disagree, you wont be able to perfectly see every swap opportunity, especially if your trying to lead aswell, but I agree with you (which you chose to ignore in the part you were quoting) that it needs to be clear that, while people may suggest good targets, you are the chief and they have to follow your targets in the end, no matter what they think is best (good luck achieving this with a sub-2.2k pug though).

Casters can target call, Melee do it better tho.. and by melee I mean a Death Knight.
    Why though? I mean I understand that dks are good target callers because they have grips, but it is kinda stupid to assume that all melees you have are dk's, especially since this guide seems to be aimed at at sub-2.2k teams, which will often run with other melees simply because they are avaible.
    (Though I agree with you that the only melee you should be taking over 2k is a single (or in my case double) dk, simply because all the other melees arn't up to scratch, having said that I have seen 2400 teams using a warrior or a rogue (not met a single non-speedhacking monk over 2k)

I considered that, however I don't want to mislead anyone because target calling is so situational.. with that being said. In a perfect world the targets by priority/killability in order are Disc or Holy Priest, Resto Druid, Rogue, Warlock, Mage, Spriest, FDK, Hunter, Warrior, HPally, RShaman, MWMonk, assuming these are the classes they brought.
    Hmm im kind of wondering why resto druids/rogues/mages are so high on that list and shamans/warriors/Dk's so low, Resto druids can displacer beast and rogues can vanish/cloak/wall/sprint away fairly easy (though if their cooldowns are down, they are dead meat), also mages are quite high but they have alot of ways to get out safely (blind/alter time/block). However Rshamans have no way of getting away quickly besides ghostwolfing, also they dont have alot of active mitigation cooldowns (no good shamans run with astral shift) so the only thing they can do is NS-GHW and link, which are good cooldowns to force. Also DK's have no usefull cooldowns outside of AMS (and to a lesser extent ibf/lichborne) and warriors are very vulnerable to being targeted aswell, especially since they really cant do anything if they are not connecting to a target.

I fully agree on the fact that targetcalling is mostly situational and that you always need to try to swap on overextended people, however my order would probably be
    Dpriest>Destro Lock>Fdk>Warrior>Rshaman>Demo Lock>Balance Druid>Spriest>Rogue>Mage>Rdruid>Hunter>Hpala>Mw Monk

Feel free to comment on this, again im not trying to bash you or invalidate your effort, just trying to give you and the people visiting this thread some advice and if you can convince me I might learn something myself aswell

Deleted
    I was very defensive before, sorry.
    Np, can happen to everyone.

Now in regards to the kill order, here is my counter argument to your rotation. 9 times out of 10, a team no longer has a priest healer or a rogue in my experience. So then it leaves these options,
    I agree, though its not exactly 9 out of 10 (some high russians still play with dpriests and there are quite a few good teams over 2.3 with rogues)

Holy Paladin -MW Monk -
    Completely agree

RSham - Strong single target healer, I have seen a shaman stay up for 30 seconds after we have everyone on them. Granted maybe our cc is not being clutch enough on the other healers, the shaman just is not a target I am to fond of.
    Well shamans are fairly easy to interupt considering most of their healing troughput is casted, especially now you cant unleash/totem while silence, making them easily the best healer targets right now after priests.

RDruid - Next to the priest, to me this is the squishiest target. Getting a grip on them while no hots up and immediately silencing him makes them easy targets to kill. (easier compared to the others)
    Have to disagree here, druids can treeform, barkskin and most of all displacer beast fairly reliable on every swap, making them really hard to kill as healer targets.

As far as the order on the DPS, the FDK and Destro Lock are generally in the very back of the fight and are generally not great targets for me. However an overextended/overzealous FDK is going to get insta gibbed. As far as the lock goes, I am seeing more and more Demonology locks, which is an even tougher target.
    I dont really know why a FDK should be in the back of the game, considering spamming HB really isn't a viable game option, I personally run with both a demo and a destro lock, but I agree that demo locks are abit worse target then destros (mostly because of the meta jump and the fact that demo warlocks never cast so your not preventing to much damage)

At first, thanks a lot for this input, as I am within the target group of random pugging 1900-2050 current rating range.

Resto shaman are healerwise the best target and monks the worst as monks have a very good mobility and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=122464 ...

citating Hypermode: Dpriest>Destro Lock>Fdk>Warrior>Rshaman>Demo Lock>Balance Druid/Ele shaman>Spriest>Rogue>Mage>Rdruid>Hunter>Hpala>Mw Monk

beside the red marked classes you are right, random groups don't kill warriors unless they are overextended by far ... intervene, charge, heroic leap, their mobility is too high. But you are right though, at first destro lock or fdk until cooldowns, switching to destro lock or fdk until cooldowns and back to the first one who has to die ... in theory^^. After these too classes resto shaman is a viable option followed by balance druid and eleshaman ... i see ele shaman a lot, at least in every 2nd or 3rd match.
    And i prioritize holy paladins higher, a "normal" switch (meaning 3-4 dd switching) with a deep freeze followed by strangulate, and a holypaladin is history.
    Rogues die rather quick, but don't deal much damage and are only annoying, they are not important AND beside that, killing a rogue+dd in the beginning, you force a stealth inc, and the normal flag defender (including myself) cannot handle stealth inc by rogue + xy. So do not kill rogues in the beginning.
    Last edited by Schamane; 2012-12-01 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why were TS' posts removed?

~ Infracted for thread necro
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-04-02 at 09:26 PM.
    lowskill Engrish