Challenge modes and haste breakpoints scaling

First i apologize if this has been asked before but the image verification on the search function doesn't show up properly for me.

My guild didn't do challenge modes because we wanted to focus on raiding. Now that all 3 raids are released and we have the 3 on farm with a mix of hm's and normals we decided to go for server first gold runs(not the best of servers). My question is as affliction i'm at the 4717 haste breakpoint and i know everything will be scaled down but does it remember i'm at the breakpoint like it does with my hitcap?

If not what would you warlocks recommend? Just keep the same reforge? go heavy mastery or haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Highly doubt that it will keep your haste break point.

I didn't bother to look at my stats the one time that I went into a challenge mode. But does your stat screen update when you step into the dungeon?

I didn't think it did either but figured i'd ask. I'm also in the same boat, i did one with friends for fun but i didn't check my stat screen. Though i assume it does update.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it does your best bet is figuring out what % of your haste is reduced by and then try to get enough to reach a break point.

Try for 4189 instead of 4717. Will be much more attainable with the 463 ilvl.

good point ill try that it if it does update the stat screen thanks.

Also if you are at raid hit cap, you can probably reforge out of hit, cause challenge mode bosses are not raid bosses? Im not 100% positive on that tho

Quote Originally Posted by Deusvult View Post
    Also if you are at raid hit cap, you can probably reforge out of hit, cause challenge mode bosses are not raid bosses? Im not 100% positive on that tho
    Bosses in Challenge Modes are level 93; they are raid bosses.

Affliction for Jade Serpent and Shadow pan. Demo though crushes the rest in my opinion. 4717 takes lust into account, and if you're going for gold times, there are offset pieces that are actually more helpful at the 463 / msv normal level.

Also hit matters

If you want to guarantee your stats, farm a full set of 463 gear and reforge it, gem and enchant it how you want.

Its what i have done for challenge modes, and then only replace pieces like DMF trinket which do not affect your secondary stats.